forum

Flashlight Rankings

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-[ Kami ]-
FL is hard to get much pp from the ppv2

For this reason, it is now neglected mod

To change this situation, What about the introduction of Flashlight Rankings?

Performance Point = PP / Flashlight Point = FP (...)

The introduction of these things I think many users will use this mod

Sorry I did not speak English well
Rei Hakurei
it might not affect so much for attracting people,
i guess if it just flashlight it won't be fun, why not every single possible combination mod ?

like Milhi using EM all over time,
FrzR
No thanks.
Gumpy

Fr33z3R wrote:

No thanks.
deadbeat
flashlight has generally been a very unused mod in higher level maps since people tend to use other mods. this isn't anything new and i don't think a separate ranking will do it any good. people just don't like flashlight
Seijiro

deadbeat wrote:

people just don't like flashlight
That's what I was thinking...
Bara-
I'm sure the reason people dislike it is NOT the pp boost
It's just impossible
Karuta-_old_1

deadbeat wrote:

people just don't like flashlight
It is not like we don't care about people who plays flashlight but I don't think having a separate ranking would change anything
roufou
I wouldn't mind this, I don't know if it's the common opinion but one of the higher players said EZ was calculated fine, most people either think FL sucks and deserves no pp while some people think it's the hardest mod in the game, a lot of people have conflicting opinions about this so I guess it's one of the best ways to please everyone.

At the same time I don't advise peppy into making this decision, I'm just saying I really wouldn't mind this.

EDIT: btw I really don't get the people saying "no thanks", the only real arguement against this I can think of is that'd it take more time to implement and some features may be stalled for it. please give a reason at least. (you probably have other opinions but you'll probably just steal this arguement as your reason)

also, I doubt there is much of a point in implementing this even though I kinda want it, it's more like luxury implementation and I wouldn't priortise it myself
Redon
Ekoro
can be interesting but well, it's not a priority at all imo
roufou

Redon wrote:

agu wrote:

EDIT: btw I really don't get the people saying "no thanks", the only real arguement against this I can think of is that'd it take more time to implement and some features may be stalled for it. please give a reason at least. (you probably have other opinions but you'll probably just steal this arguement as your reason)
Not wanting development effort to be wasted on a feature that would require a considerable amount of time to implement, and would be useless to the majority of the community, is a perfectly valid reason to be against it, and probably one of the best. You can't ask people to give you a reason "except for that reason".
I didn't say that opinion wasn't valid, hence why I said I advised against spending time on this feature
Bladesu
You can't make people play something they won't like by having separate rankings...
- Marco -

RMaltsaar wrote:

You can't make people play something they won't like by having separate rankings...
Makan1
It is sad to see after ppv1 FL has become redundant and there really isn't much use for FL unless you want to show off your epic play on some insane map or whatever. if it doesn't affect with your actual rankings, then something that could bring some sort of meaning into FL other than making reddit explode would be nice, but I know at this point it wont happen. I dont think its a bad idea, a separate board for FL plays stacking some sort of FL points idk.

ooohhh welllll