forum

Game feature suggestion (timed mode)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
Rather than being a MOD which can be used with any Osu! song for a higher or lower multiplier score, this would be an entire new feature which would be accessed on the main menu screen and would have it's own ranking system and MODs which can be used during the game.

The idea of this is simple, and it goes something like this...

Within this game mode you play a normal Osu! song and the music for that simfile plays in the background, with video, images, etc, just like it does in normal mode. However, this is where it differs in gameplay from normal mode... Instead of the circles and sliders appearing on the screen in sync with the music, only one of these appears on the screen at a time. Once you have hit the circle or completed the path on a slider, it disappears from the screen and then the next one appears.

The idea is to complete the simfile as quickly as you can and you get timed to a 1000th of a second, and you get a score and ranking based on combo too, etc. This mode would have it's own score board just like regular Osu! mode does, with spectator mode, demo save and playback features, etc.

In addition to this, here are three features that would work in this game mode:

1) Mines = A mine appears randomly in place where one of the circles would be. Instead of left clicking on it like you do with regular circles, you have to right click on the mine to disable it. Hitting a mine with the left mouse button causes a combo reduction of 2 points, or similar.
2) Circle/path size = An adjustable slider in the MOD section to change the circle size, which can be increased or decreased to make the game less or more challenging, and this would obviously effect your overall ranking.
3) Mouse gestures = Instead of having numbers in the circle like in regular mode, there would be random symbols placed in the circles, such as left, right, up and down arrows, as well as clockwise and counterclockwise gestures, etc. You then have to click and hold down the mouse button and drag in whatever direction the gesture tells you to do, and completing the wrong mouse gesture would result in a combo loss of 1 point, or similar.

So, what do you think? :)
Saturos
Your first idea is interesting...I don't know what to make of it. When does it end: when the mp3 does, after a certain amount of beats, or what? I understand it's timed, but it sounds like this would go beyond the mp3 lengths. Also, the maps for these would probably have to be randomly generated, in which case should only contain beats, as being spammed with sliders/spinners would lower your score as it would take longer to complete. Overall, I don't think this would work.

Mines: I hate mines, but it would work.

Circle/path size: Already done via Easy and Hard Rock. No need for a difficulty slider, imo.

Mouse gestures: Don't like this one at all. Keep in mind not everyone uses a mouse to begin with. ;x
awp

Saturos wrote:

Mouse gestures: Don't like this one at all. Keep in mind not everyone uses a mouse to begin with. ;x
People on a tablet could still do it, just as people on a touchscreen could. I thought it was quite neat.

But yeah, I think the beatmap should play the full length of the mp3, and randomly generate notes based on the pre-existing .osu file's bpm.
Saturos

awp wrote:

People on a tablet could still do it, just as people on a touchscreen could. I thought it was quite neat.
I'm aware, but it'd have an even bigger difference in difficulty between tablet/mouse/touchpad than we already have with beatmaps. I should have been more clear.
awp
Oh, in that case, I see your point.