forum

Modern Warfare 3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mara
US, April 9, 2010 - Perhaps the biggest news from Activision's countersuit filed this morning against former Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella is the mention of Modern Warfare 3.
Source

Okay osu! gamers. Let's pretend that we are making Modern Warfare 3. Because MW2 had some major problems, we should fix them on MW3.
What MW3 must have? How it will be the most popular FPS ever? Let's make a list about things what we want.

1 - Dedicated Servers. (PC) P2P is pretty annoying, because the host have an cheap advantage. You can't hit him because he lags but he fires one shot with his UMP and you're dead. This also means admin powers, such as ban and kick. It is pretty useful, if someone is using (for example) grenade launchers.

2 - Modding Content. (PC) You know those CoD4 mods, right? Paintball? Star Wars Mod? No? Well you should. They will give you much fun and they will change the gameplay. There should be Promod, at least - a competitive mod.

Those are two things you want 100%. Now discuss.

Also, sorry for typos and english grammar mistakes.
Pokebis
3 - Community Control. That community in the MW series is quite irritating, isn't it? They always seem to seem to think they're the best and throw random, unbased, trashy insults at you. You can tell these unintelligent individuals are lacking a proper education and need to get out of an only-decent FPS game community and go learn to be a help to modern society. My suggestion is to add a Eugenics feature to MW3 and either remove these players from the game and guide them to a better life or simply exterminate them from existence. Best feature they could possibly add.
Topic Starter
Mara
4 - More Hardcore. When console versions will stay on P2P gaming, there should be more hardcore playlists. There is only HC HQ, HC TDM and HC S&D. Where's Domination and Sabotage? There should be Hardcore Mosh Pit, at least.
awp
I play CoD4 at work and it's alright but I don't see what the big deal is

A pro-mod attitude is a good attitude though.
qlum
my expectations of battlefield 3 are a lot higher than of probably cod8
skulley5923
they got a name for the new cod
Call Of Duty" Black Ops
Galkan

skulley5923 wrote:

they got a name for the new cod
Call Of Duty" Black Ops
Yeah, but Treyarch is making it and it will be released BEFORE MW3 so it's "CoD 7".

Topic: Well, I REALLY do not need callsigns/emblems and other useless shit. Also I want good anti-cheat protection (punkbuster).
Pasonia
Agreed about the cheating. It's now getting hard to distinguish skilled players from hackers (unless they're stupid enough to have those snap-on-target aimbots on)
Repa_old
There will be no MW3 because so many of the Modern Warfare developers left. Kthxbai.
Pokebis

Repa wrote:

There will be no MW3 because so many of the Modern Warfare developers left. Kthxbai.
Some people really think this. I wish I could think this. But, alas, I know it's not true.
qlum

Repa wrote:

someone else will just make the next modern warfare instead of iw
Topic Starter
Mara

qlum wrote:

Repa wrote:

someone else will just make the next modern warfare instead of iw
But who, actually? I hope not Treyarch.
elev135
5- More balanced guns
everything was overpowered in mw2 compared to cod4. I don't want instant death fro any gun in the game
except for snipers... bolt action snipers should total to at least 100 dmg anywhere on the hitbox
Topic Starter
Mara

elev135 wrote:

5- More balanced guns
everything was overpowered in mw2 compared to cod4. I don't want instant death fro any gun in the game
except for snipers... bolt action snipers should total to at least 100 dmg anywhere on the hitbox
Except for legs.
Remco32

elev135 wrote:

bolt action snipers should total to at least 100 dmg anywhere on the hitbox
Oh god no
Call of Duty - Sniping Campers Everywhere 3
elev135
ok maybe not for long range but at close quarters, if you're rush sniping, nothing is more annoying than hitmarkers :<