forum

What is happening with my skill?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DahplA
Only 5K plays with 743PP and barely past #100K ranks. I don't think this 'skill' was existent from the start.
Topic Starter
ericire
Yeah I guess you are right. But remember that some situations will call for it. There are times when it is necessary.
Topic Starter
ericire

DahplA wrote:

Only 5K plays with 743PP and barely past #100K ranks. I don't think this 'skill' was existent from the start.
Seriously, what is up with all these assholes? Tell me, what is the purpose of this reply? There literally isn't any other purpose other than being stupid. The situation has been resolved, everyone suggested I lower my AR.

Yes, I do not play osu a lot as you can see but it did take time and practice to get to where I am now. I do have some skill.

Now what kind of reply will it be DahplA? Normal person, or stupid person?
B1rd
Don't worry, the only stupid ones are the players who persist on mashing super fast maps and super high AR after they have been advised otherwise. If you check closely you can see some examples in this thread.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

Don't worry, the only stupid ones are the players who persist on mashing super fast maps and super high AR after they have been advised otherwise. If you check closely you can see some examples in this thread.
u wot m8 ill pop u in the goober m8 i swer im me mum
Ethelon
Edit: For the sake of civility I'll remove my comment, but I still stand by it.
silmarilen
both sides are being smartasses here. and comments like ethelon's are completely uncalled for and should just get a silence.

Narril wrote:

Riince is right.
tho in the part where you're fucking up your skill by playing ar10 maps all the time (if there ever was any in someone who has 700pp, you're still learning the game at this point). however that isnt the issue you had in your OP. the issue is that one day you were warmed up when you were playing the ar10 jump map and when you tried it again the next day you werent.
B1rd
Nice plays there silmarilen :D
SomeLoli

ericire wrote:

Riince wrote:

you're killing your undeveloped 700pp core skills by mashing on ar10
keep it up someday you might be as fucked and impeded from ever improving as me 8-)
Bro AR9 is like too slow for me now. I do better on AR10 on certain maps...

And I'll have you know that my "undeveloped 700pp core skill' took months of practice and development but I suppose that isn't much for a 2,800pp badass like you, huh?

But anyways, it would be a shame to see my amazing skill lost, so I will take your advice, 2,800pp badass, and downgrade to lower AR.

Seriously though thanks for the reply.
you must be on the mlg roster with dem skillz
Ethelon
Seems like it's only "uncalled for" when you're too lazy to communicate the same thing with sarcasm. Mb for being blunt.
In hindsight I'm not willing to spend my time here arguing over it so I've removed it.
SomeLoli
You worry to much Ethelon, live for the moment and just say the first thing you think, yolooooooooooooo
silmarilen

Ethelon wrote:

Seems like it's only "uncalled for" when you're too lazy to communicate the same thing with sarcasm. Mb for being blunt.
In hindsight I'm not willing to spend my time here arguing over it so I've removed it.
it wasnt just your comment, i used your one as an example. there are a lot of posts in this thread that dont belong here.
Ethelon

silmarilen wrote:

Ethelon wrote:

it wasnt just your comment, i used your one as an example. there are a lot of posts in this thread that dont belong here.
I wasn't referring to you pointing it out (quotations misleading), just the trend of how things go in general (it's not exactly an original question).
Topic Starter
ericire
I will keep in mind to take more time for warm ups, thanks silmarilen.

I don't know if people realized this but I wasn't referring to my "skill" as being extremely good and it is not something I am exactly proud of. Maybe I wrote the post in the wrong way and people misunderstood it. I was just asking for advice as to why, all of a sudden, I am doing so bad each day. Maybe putting "What is happening with my skill" as the title implies that I somehow think of myself as a pro player? Is this what you were referring to Ethelon in your deleted post? I don't want to start an argument, I'm just curious for the sake of not repeating this in the future.
silmarilen
people here have a general idea of what is considered being "good" at osu, or how to become "good". when someone comes by who does something else than that and asks for help, they like to make fun of them more than that they like to help. it's not so much the part where you mentioned skill, as it is the part where you mentioned playing ar10 maps while you're still such a new player.

if you hadn't mentioned that part people would just have said 'play more' and then continued to be stupid like always.
Yuudachi-kun
If I consider all the people that play Osu then yeah, <100k is pretty good. If I consider the people I play multi with, 20k is average and meh.

It all really depends, like when someone mentioed 55k being really good. I look at the top plays which were like 80pp and thought it was just okay.

I think a lot of active posters here are ~10k or better from what I've seen so...
winber1

SomeLoli wrote:

live for the lolis
Topic Starter
ericire
Oh, I see now. Well at least I did get some good advice rather than just "play more" so thanks guys.
Daborgia
B2T: This phenomenon, which you are having is called:,, Lucky Try" sometimes i got this too ( 500 combo scarlett rose bye bye :( )
I´ve read your first post and i quote:

,, One day I had the best performance I've ever had. I got pretty far in an AR10 jump beatmap with hidden. It was so surprisingly good that I just had to record the replay. Feeling satisfied, I stopped playing for the day."

So just do some selfreflection on your Aim/speed/stream/accuracy, look at your good performance on this jumpmap and look at your accuracy or how you handle these jumps. If you can´t do this in a smaller manner on some other maps...well then it was only one good try, but if this wasn´t a one hit wonder...well gid gud on some mor intense maps! And one more thing ( some serious Osu-buddism and a tip of your sh***y acc):

"Yes you are right, AR does not affect the speed of the map. It does, however, affect the speed at which you have to react, and that is what I was referring to."

I hope you know that Osu! is a...wait for it...where is it...ahh there... Rhythm Game so my tip is: don´t react to the circles alone ( because then you could mute osu and play some sh***y Music from YT). Listen to the song and feel the flow of the music, dont smash your keyboard randomly or you will never fc some insanes ;)
Yuudachi-kun
Counter-example: I smash button randomly and FC insanes.
Daborgia

Kheldragar wrote:

Plz tell me your technique is facerolling :) :) :)
gregest
Are you looking at me with my P*light - ninja insane fc?That was my first play on that map,sightread m8.
Yuudachi-kun

Sichurin wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Plz tell me your technique is facerolling :) :) :)
It's why my aim is crap because I can't see the monitor at the same time.
E m i
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2617179
no sound
knowing the song / feeling when your keys activate helps
Topic Starter
ericire
So today I warmed up with easier maps and then tried a bunch of new AR9 maps. I focused on improving my reading as well and I can say that it has worked. I beat maps that I could not beat before.

Thanks again guys
XgenSlayer

ericire wrote:

So today I warmed up with easier maps and then tried a bunch of new AR9 maps. I focused on improving my reading as well and I can say that it has worked. I beat maps that I could not beat before.

Thanks again guys
Glad everything turned out fine. Have fun! :P

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Winber was top shitposter 2014
Yeah, that's obvious at this point. xD
Green Platinum
Improvement already? Clearly wasn't much of a problem
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

SomeLoli wrote:

live for the lolis
Upskirt
Your definition of acquired/developed skill is wrong. It was never developed in the first place and by practicing poor play you will only draft your progress.

Gradual build up, don't go overboard. Don't play something you get 80% on, chances are you're just mashing.
cheezstik

Kheldragar wrote:

If I consider all the people that play Osu then yeah, <100k is pretty good.
Well, that is one way to look at it, and isn't necessarily correct unless you use the literal definition of good: "High standard", and define standard as the average player. Basically, just cos others are bad, and there are many of these others, it doesn't make another player worse in terms of absolution, only in comparison the the others.

A very recent quote from another thread, which I think is pretty damn spot on:

Strategas wrote:

You're just looking at wrong stats. Look at pp instead. Ranking is just comparing yourselves with others while pp is a sign of improvement.

Also,

Kheldragar wrote:

If I consider the people I play multi with, 20k is average and meh.

It all really depends, like when someone mentioed 55k being really good. I look at the top plays which were like 80pp and thought it was just okay.

I think a lot of active posters here are ~10k or better from what I've seen so...
someone playing multi with you, or actively posting on the forums doesn't really directly affect how good they are.

I personally think that around top 500 (~5.5k pp at the time of this post) is when people start getting a balanced set of skills and become good enough at every aspect of the game enough to call the player good. Obviously, before people flame me, it's a very arbitrary number, and many counter examples of this exist. (i.e, people with very unbalanced skills and are better than rank 500 or people with balanced skills and are worse than rank 500)

Tl;dr huehue ur so fukn bad, stop calling others bad and l2play, git gud scrub
Vuelo Eluko

cheezstik wrote:

I personally think that around top 500 (~5.5k pp at the time of this post) is when people start getting a balanced set of skills
meanwhile narrill

Yuudachi-kun

cheezstik wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

If I consider the people I play multi with, 20k is average and meh.

someone playing multi with you, or actively posting on the forums doesn't really directly affect how good they are.
I wasn't saying that it does - it's just that the pool of players that they are ARE around that level. At least for the first one. Red are the people I know in real life, green are the ones I talk to a lot on the internet almost daily, and purple are the ones I've played with in multi in some huge group more than once.

http://i.imgur.com/HtxWzCm.png

Right now, I think anyone under 10,000 is really good and anyone sub 1000 is amazing and that's liable to change.
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

I personally think that around top 500 (~5.5k pp at the time of this post) is when people start getting a balanced set of skills
meanwhile narrill

Narrill is #570 right now, and anyway, he's clearly a dirty dt farmer just like everyone else 8-)
ZenithPhantasm

cheezstik wrote:

Narrill is #570 right now, and anyway, he's clearly a dirty dt farmer just like everyone else 8-)
#Rekt