forum

How to learn look separetly on notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Hi got questions because i had long break and my skill is crap because i can't watch on each note separetly..
I do this
or this
but not this
I feel like i can't sync eye , cursor ,note...
Kaitou Kid
MS paint <3. To answer your question it seems like you aren't able to read maps as well as you used too, just play some slower ones or keep practicing maps like the one you have trouble following
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Hey mate. I'm not sure if i can't read maps ,because i was and i'm able to do 7.20 maps ,but can't fking S on 4.5. After 1 month break is even worse because all the work i put into taking a look on every note went to the ass... Right now i'm playing 4.0 maps and still can't manage to do it ....
And i fuck up 4.0 8/8 maps ...
Vuelo Eluko

plmnb wrote:

i'm able to do 7.20 maps
define 'do'
Yuudachi-kun
What 7.2 map was this?

Riince wrote:

plmnb wrote:

i'm able to do 7.20 maps
define 'do'
Pass is a good standard, but then again by that even I can do airman since it's Hp 3.
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS

Riince wrote:

plmnb wrote:

i'm able to do 7.20 maps
define 'do'
do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6aeEIPEF9A
Vuelo Eluko
I deleted everything from 5:30 and onward since you failed around there and it made the stars drop a lot. in reality you 'did' a 6.5 star map on hp5 without failing. That's reasonable for your level, the best ive managed was one hp7 map at 6.26 stars and fcing a 4.5 star map is still not an effortless ordeal because it takes consistency.

Anyway, just trying to disillusion you, its not weird that you're having this problem. you arent some super map passer who pays for it by having no consistency on easy maps, so dont worry about that.
keep practicing
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Man i'm sitting on same damn level for almost 1 year... No matter how much i play. I can't pass basara on S even 1 year has passed and it's 4.0 map
I can't manage to do stream which contains notes with space like in my much Paint work pic
Vuelo Eluko
you arent supposed to focus on individual circles even when the notes in a stream are spaced like that. i just play them like regular streams

takes practice though, lots of it. spaced streams are literally the airman jumps of the streaming world. i was lucky not to mess up on any of the 3-4 different ones in that map, and also because they were really short.

seriously, getting good at spaced streams is something ive been at for a fair bit longer than you i bet, and I still struggle on a lot of them. You seem like a jump player who prefers aim maps [which i cant do personally, jumps destroy me. i likely wouldnt have made it as far as you did on that map], you'll have to put as much time into spaced streams as you did into jumps probably more imo
Yuudachi-kun
Cocaine is a good map.
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS

Kheldragar wrote:

Cocaine is a good map.
With 7hp i can do only 50% of image material @ 70% acc :/
[-Cloud-]
+1 for effort into ms paintart.
B1rd
how can you not look at each note separately? do you have a problem with your eye muscles?
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

how can you not look at each note separately? do you have a problem with your eye muscles?
It's just hard to follow. I have the same problem (probably even worse) and it fucks up the reading a lot.
Yuudachi-kun
Do you ever stare blankly at the screen during jumps? Nyan nyan drive level of jumps.
buny

B1rd wrote:

can you snap your eyes at 240bpm to every note?

anyways, you don't need to look at all the notes separately. They just need to be in your vision so you know where your cursor is going

Kheldragar wrote:

Do you ever stare blankly at the screen during jumps? Nyan nyan drive level of jumps.
means you can't follow it
RaneFire
Your eyes get faster in due time.

The distance between the notes is also important. Trying to "snap my eyes" to notes which are already close together feels like I'm going squint and it's really unnecessary to do, since I can already see the notes just fine, as per your examples. What you are likely having problems with is coordinating your reading with your aim. Smaller movements are difficult to do fast, because your hand still obeys the laws of physics and needs to accelerate to produce movement. Over such small distances this usually means you spend all your time accelerating to the "snap speed" and are never actually snapping, so your movements become a flowy mess. But your hand also gets faster in due time. In such situations it depends on the BPM whether I try to snap, but the higher the BPM, the more likely I am to "flow" my movements in your example.

Practically it is much more complicated than that though:
Because your example is not uniform distance, I will read it as 6 separate patterns (3,3,1,3,2,1 from left-to-right), which means my eyes will focus on each group separately, and only snap to the notes between each "visual pattern set" that I recognise, "flowing" the groups of notes, snapping to individuals and between them, etc. I hope that makes sense.

If the notes are a medium distance (1/3-1/2 of screen apart), then it's comfortable to do "eye-snapping" with my "note-snapping", and beneficial to do so. If they are full screen jumps then I typically have "eye-stamina" problems if there are too many in a row, but I try to focus on as many as I can before using peripheral vision.

TL;DR play the game and let your sub-conscious figure it out for you based on your abilities at present, which will improve over time.
ZenithPhantasm
My eyeballs snap around in my head O_O
Bakanowy
Never give up.
Kwonaiden
For them patterns I read the approach circle 1 ahead of time instead if the circles themselves and read it from sound so..

If "tut" was a hit sound for this example,

Tut- tut - tut - tut - tut - tut -tut - etc

Well it all comes down to how you read it, if you get the rhythm right the circles kinda seem irrelevant at that stage but comes down to your aim. if you have full control over your movements then you just follow the rhythm.

So you being away for a while kinda made you maybe forget how you did things before, You will be able to read them the way you used to or find a new method if you go "never give up" mode and play it out.
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
I figured something out. It seems to be very important. I'm probably facing some kind of mental problem. Which of i will have to go for psychotherapy...
I will explain you what's going on... So , yesterday when i created this post i played further. I don't know how, because i never have been like this.
I didn't feel that i'm controlling hand. I just focused on tapping and music itself (rhythm and timming) i didn't care about accuracy. Muscle memory just did it's job...
It was like Focus on tapping >>> hand is doing it's job >>> was able to make songs i never have been able to do before. I was focused on MUSIC itself.
To imagine what change has appeared. I never was able to tap exact rhythm with both feet. Yesterday i was and there is no problem...

Today i came back to normal myself... So how i play today is again dependable on eyes. I'm not focusing on rhythm(tapping) but on notes.So again i feel "hand control"

What i noticed... Shit happens when i think during playing osu. I can't clean my mind and just focus on rhythm (tapping) like yesterday.
When i unconsciously think i'm using eyes instead of ears.
x.x idk watz going on..
Constant thinking is like a fog between my senses easiest way to explain o.o... So , well Eyes are playing first role instead of hearing
show more