forum

osu! for chromebooks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
L1llian
Hellu :3

Just wondered if there is any possibility to be available to download and run osu! on chromebook.

/L1llian
- Marco -
uuh...no, chrome os uses web application from chrome webstore
Corin
Well technically it's Linux at heart so you could probably get it working somehow.
Raymonf
LP is right.

In fact, Chrome OS is pretty much GNU/Linux.
On x86 Chromebooks, you can use crouton with a combination of wine1.7.
Topic Starter
L1llian
Now I'm confused.. My laptop is Toshiba CB30 - 102 . And it has chrome os operative system I think. So is it possible to start osu! running ? :?
Ven

L1llian wrote:

Now I'm confused.. My laptop is Toshiba CB30 - 102 . And it has chrome os operative system I think. So is it possible to start osu! running ? :?
http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/79 ... th-crouton

Potentially.
D33d

L1llian wrote:

Does osu! have a Chrome app? No. Of course it wouldn't run. See if you can ask a friend to port it.
Raymonf

D33d wrote:

L1llian wrote:

Does osu! have a Chrome app? No. Of course it wouldn't run. See if you can ask a friend to port it.
Sorry for the semi-necro, but did you SERIOUSLY ignore what me and a few ofhers said?
wine + crouton = osu! on Chrome OS.
The CB30-102 is a x86 Intel Celeron based Chromebook. wine should run just fine on it, and eventually osu!.
AGRX
There is also linux/ubuntu osu forum tread t/14614
Raymonf

Agrrox wrote:

There is also linux/ubuntu osu forum tread t/14614
Yep. That should work fine with crouton. There's a extension that should make the GNU/Linux desktop environment run in a window, too.
Issoloc
you actually can run osu without linux if you have a good enough chromebook AND are willing to play the open source version

basically...

You can install android apps on a chromebook using a backend that someone far more intelligent then me developed, and then run the open source .apk version of osu on it.

check reddit.com/r/chromeapks for details on how to do this
Raymonf
@Issloc: there is NO open source Android version..
Shagami
lamento llegar tarde pero tienes que ver esto xD

http://www.taringa.net/post/juegos/1931 ... sible.html
ShidoItsuka1
chrome books are fucking stupid
Shurelia
Please avoid on doing unnecessary bump.