forum

Pokémon Black and White Versions: Generation V Revealed

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru
You have a Zorua? Nice! How is it (assuming you pry yourself off of the DS to look at this thread)?
Zekira
Illusion is kind of a bit useless, but the CPU seems to still get fooled until Zorua transforms back into Zorua: like if I put Dokkora on the 6th slot, the CPU will keep using psychic-type moves at my Zorua and fail to no avail (e.g. Confusion), only happened to me just once right now though.

Seriously need a bunch of TMs since Zorua technically only learn Dark and Normal-type moves on levelup ._.
aquabluu
Holy crap.

Zekira
...so when you get to the Ramion City, you're forced to go to the Pokémon Musical building, and also forced to dress up your Pokémon once that guy gives you what seems to be the replacement of the Fashion Case. I picked my Janobi (accidentally evolved from Tsutarja ._.) because I wasn't sure what to do.

When I looked at the options that were available, I couldn't help but just do this and say...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Janobi lacks Tsutarja's long snout though :/
aquabluu
Gah, I'm not in Raimon City yet. Still in Route 4 battling crap. I want a Yuniran so baaaad.
NoHitter
I wish I could patch the game I bought with English :|

Oh well... Spring 2011 it is.
Zekira
Wow I'm not the only one that has a copy lol?
Claudia_old
-waits for it to be released in USA-

ds emulators run like crap on my computer
aquabluu
Yeah I have one here too~ My current team:

Not pictured: Hatopoo, Baoppu, Hahderia, Miruhoggu
Topic Starter
K2J
Ekaru
Good news; the names are just as punny as ever (now that they've been confirmed I can post this)! Pokemon wouldn't be the same without punny names. Here (scroll down):

http://pokebeach.com/

March 6th, come on! ~ I'm excited because of A. infinite TMs, and B. HMs are used only for exploring, they aren't mandatory to get through the game. These two changes alone are enough to make me excited.

Getting Black BTW, because Reshiram is so elegant compared to the black blob.
NoHitter

Ekaru wrote:

HMs are used only for exploring, they aren't mandatory to get through the game.
Huh? Don't you have to Cut a tree to get to the Dream Site area? (Part of Storyline)
Zekira
Yes
Soaprman
Gurdurr
Ekaru

NoHItter wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

HMs are used only for exploring, they aren't mandatory to get through the game.
Huh? Don't you have to Cut a tree to get to the Dream Site area? (Part of Storyline)
I meant aside from that one time.
Zekira
Actually, the one thing I'm happy about in the exploring here is that you don't have to Surf for 83592869 miles anymore just to get to Victory Road. Lol.
Vish024

Zekira wrote:

Actually, the one thing I'm happy about in the exploring here is that you don't have to Surf for 83592869 miles anymore just to get to Victory Road. Lol.
Haha true, but I kinda enjoy all the battles along the way. It's basically to level up you pokemon to a suitable level for victory road and beyond.
Zekira
But more than 90% of those battles are usually just a bunch of swimmers who don't even change what they have in between if you're smart, or if you're not smart, 95% of those battles will just be Tentacools that you'll probably just Run from, wasting your time, battery, and other shit.
NoHitter

Zekira wrote:

But more than 90% of those battles are usually just a bunch of swimmers who don't even change what they have in between if you're smart, or if you're not smart, 95% of those battles will just be Tentacools that you'll probably just Run from, wasting your time, battery, and other shit.
No wonder I spent a lot of money on Repels and their stronger versions.
Zekira
It's all worth the money, I swear. I usually end up using up to 50 Max Repels traveling between the eighth gym and the Pokemon League...
Topic Starter
K2J
Max Repels? Super Repels are a better deal.
Soaprman
You pay a premium for having to go to the menu and use another one slightly less often.
Ekaru
Remember, Pokemon Black and White come out in English next week! March 4th in EU, March 6th in the USA.

I'm getting Black. Now I just have to fix our WiFi so all the time I spent breeding excellent babies doesn't go to waste... *sigh* Won't take long though, I'm just lazy.
NoHitter
I'm planning to transfer all my Pokemon from the Japanese version to the English version.

Good idea or Bad idea?
Zekira
Not really a bad idea, actually, though I don't know what you'll actually be getting from doing so?
NoHitter
I got Pokemon White atm.
Planning to get Pokemon Black.
Ekaru

Zekira wrote:

Not really a bad idea, actually, though I don't know what you'll actually be getting from doing so?
It's more convenience, really.

Trading them all over at once means you won't later be going, "I want to use XXXXX right now... oh right, it's on my other game *sigh*."

So yes, I suggest doing so to save you the trouble later. You can trade directly from PC boxes now, too, so it wouldn't be too annoying I would think, aside from catching a ton of Patrat or whatever to use as trade bait.
Vish024
Wow look at the new starters! Their sooooo innovative aren't they? At least this time they haven't ripped off some animal.

Godammit.
Mogsy
Because nature doesn't have millions of species of the same type of animal.

People who complain about the starters for being 'unoriginal' should go back under their rocks.
Pokebis
I can't believe the starters have colors we've seen before. Invent new colors that nobody has ever seen before you unoriginal bastards.
Azure_Kite

Pokebis wrote:

I can't believe the starters have colors we've seen before. Invent new colors that nobody has ever seen before you unoriginal bastards.
This.

releases March 10 here.
Topic Starter
K2J
I'm only 15 away from completing the Gen IV National Dex... think I can do it in a week?

I mean besides the two event-only ones I missed.
Ekaru

K2J wrote:

I'm only 15 away from completing the Gen IV National Dex... think I can do it in a week?

I mean besides the two event-only ones I missed.
You should be able to get the majority of those at least. You should be able to get all the Easy ones in one afternoon, and you can trade for Totodile on Wi-Fi if you have it (try GameFAQs or another site). The Medium is more tedious, but should be doable. Regigias is doable if you get the regular Regi (which you noted). If you're not going for the events, then only Latios should be hard to get.

If you go for it starting now and spend all Saturday finishing it off, you should have all but Latios, Arceus, and Shaymin by Saturday evening (and Totodile if you lack Wi-Fi). You can do it I think.

And yes, I forgot to mention Australia's release date. Kinda sucks for you guys, but on the bright side, at least it's not as bad as it has been in other years.
Topic Starter
K2J
Too late, already did it. Thanks for the advice, though!

And there's a new OCRemix album out.
Zekira
I'm still stuck at 648 in my BW dex too @_@

Much to our arrogance, we don't want to get a Deoxys from trade and am waiting for an event or something...

Yeah Deoxys is the only missing dex page :<
Randy96
[DG2L]YungYeezy

Randy96 wrote:

Hell no.

You aren't seriously Gary Motherflipping Oak?

*cries in a corner*
Randy96
more recent now :)
Pokebis
Just picked up White version at my local Best Buy and they gave me a $5 gift card just for buying it.
It's almost like it was actually $30. Life was so good when games were $30.

Anyways, just opened the game, the intro made me feel like it wasn't a Pokemon game. Oh well, time to start!
Randy96
Pft, White. Black all the way!
show more