forum

The Transition from AR9 to AR10. How did you do it?

posted
Total Posts
show more
haha5957
Just saying, i get about 85% acc on AR9 image material when i get about 54% acc on AR10 .

I choose to blame AR10 maps and do not play or AR9 edit it if i really think the map is good.

there are many other good maps with AR9 so just play those
Suikami

Scintillate wrote:

Ex-Rei wrote:

Umm, idk. I just play HDHR on hard and then step up to HDHR insane :|
Thats what I do once and awhile.. Never really get to the insane part though lol
yeah, that's the hardest part..
maybe often reads a fast AR / SV in another mode kinda helps (I do play CTB too with AR10, so maybe it helps my AR Reading)
Gon Freecss
144hz monitor.
Synpoo
i've been spamming HDHR on fycho insanes because theyre easy
SomeLoli
In all seriousness since I'm trying to do some ar10, I just play [hard] rated maps with hr to reach ar10. Play the lowest star ratings possible that can reach ar10 with hr and work your way up....
nrl

iluvtwintail wrote:

144hz monitor.
Definitely helps if you aren't playing HD, but I wouldn't consider it necessary. I made the switch on a 60hz monitor.
Topic Starter
Scintillate

haha5957 wrote:

Just saying, i get about 85% acc on AR9 image material when i get about 54% acc on AR10 .
I choose to blame AR10 maps and do not play or AR9 edit it if i really think the map is good.

I'm not asking 'hey guys! raise your hand if you like ar10!'... im asking how you, as a human being, were able to be able to play ar10. if you cant play ar10 then why are you here.

And of course your going to get shit acc on image material on ar10.. its also ~280 bpm streams.. lol.

Kheldragar wrote:

I thought it was 260 bpm.
EDIT: it probably is.. i didnt check

exozion wrote:

i've been spamming HDHR on fycho insanes because theyre easy
haha yeah, i should probably do that myself.
Yuudachi-kun
I thought it was 260 bpm.
buny

haha5957 wrote:

they are both shit accs anyway so your point doesn't really prove much
Green Platinum

buny wrote:

haha5957 wrote:

But... it's the difference between a C and D :Z
ovnz
I just played HR and some AR10 maps and boom.
Granger

Green Platinum wrote:

buny wrote:

But... it's the difference between a C and D :Z
Imo anything sub 98% is F.

As for myself learning AR10? I dont know... sometimes i play a map and then check my score and im like "Oh, that was AR10".
Topic Starter
Scintillate
Difference between C and D: 'C' is terrible, 'D' is complete shit
ZenithPhantasm

Scintillate wrote:

Difference between C and D: 'C' is terrible, 'D' is complete shit
Don't forget you get an F if you fail :)
FlamingRok
Sometimes, in my case, it takes playing the map twice or thrice to get used to the new AR, but then proceed to play as normal. Other times, if the map just suits it (high BPM, or many notes on screen), the brain could just automatically process it, as it expects faster objects.

The real thing to get used to IMO is not AR9 to AR10, but rather OD9 to OD10.
Drezi

Scintillate wrote:

the main and most common answer you will see everywhere will be PLAY AR10. So, rather than asking How do you do it I want to see how YOU YOURSELF did it. Tell us your story!
So it's OK for you to make such a topic, and expect normal answers apart from 'play more', but when someone else does the same you'll go:

Scintillate wrote:

Lach wrote:

Something something play more something something useless topic something something post count
^

Scintillate wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Practicing hidden has something to do with it I think
just maybe idk prolly not no
Right.

TBH I'm sick of all the 'play more' posters, obviously everyone is looking for any tips, advice or simply personal experience regarding the matter from others.

Notice the difference between an answer like 'I haven't done any specific practice personally, it'll come naturally with time' - and - 'play more lol'.

/rant off
buny
specifically play more ar10
I Give Up
I learnt ar10 by spectating pro players. I gave map a go and I was suddenly able to do it.

Spectate more.
ZenithPhantasm
Get better eyeballs.
Bakanowy
play maps with songs you really like and just spam it till you get it i say
Soulg
i found songs i liked and grinded them with HR until I was able to sightread triples (which were the only things i had troubles with)