forum

Cut mod [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Is it okay if osu! had the Cut mod, which eliminates all offbeat hit circles, sliders, and spinners and only leave out the four-beat hit circles, sliders and spinners. Even if you get a perfect combo, you will get a lower rank. This would be a good idea for beginners.
LuigiHann
I think it could only work as an unranked mod, but it's an interesting idea
FurukawaPan
I had somewhat of a similar idea, but I was thinking more along the lines of like how co-op multiplay currently works. You only play your own sections.

I think the op's idea sounds interesting.
0_o
Interesting concept, but I feel like lot a lot of maps will suffer from long blank spaces with this mod..
anonymous_old
Will only work with stupid anime music, I'd imagine...

I think.

Well, most people just take their [Insane], cut out non-1/1 beats, increase circle size, and decrease OD and HP drain, and rename it [Beginner]...
Neo Adonis

strager wrote:

Well, most people just take their [Insane], cut out non-1/1 beats, increase circle size, and decrease OD and HP drain, and rename it [Beginner]...
Not all people. Just the lazy ones XD.

Whatever, good idea with that mod, but well, I think it would only work like Unranked.

Anyway, support!!
Derekku
Easy difficulties shouldn't be mapped on offbeats in the first place, so I don't see how this will benefit beginners. They'll have to learn how to hit offbeats eventually if they want to play the harder difficulties. A well-made Easy would go a lot further than a chopped-up harder diff for newbies, imo.
RandomJibberish
I map easy diffs on offbeats, especially on slower songs. I like to follow the music more than anything, and I don't want to tone down my easy difficulties so much I remove that. Red ticks are fine to use on easy diffs as long as it isn't excessive :/

I disagree with the OP as almost every map has a difficulty already easy enough for a beginner, so this simply makes some badly mapped easys out of hards.
Derekku
Oops, to clarify:

Red ticks are upbeats.
Blue ticks are offbeats. (Also: 1/3's)

Re-reading the request... white tick 1/1 beats only? wtf
Glass

LuigiHann wrote:

I think it could only work as an unranked mod, but it's an interesting idea
I don't think it necessarily needs to be unranked, because you'll get less ranked points anyways since there are less notes to hit.
Kitsunemimi
It sort of sounds like a good idea, but based on the comments people have made so far, I wouldn't be sure.

I'm neutral on this one.
Gabi
this sounds incredibly lame. There is no fun at all playing with such a mod. Easy diffs can often be boring, so i'm pretty sure this would be even worse.

meh, if anything like this would be implemented anyway it should definitly be an unranked mod, but i just don't see this usefull at all.
awp

Derekku Chan wrote:

Easy difficulties shouldn't be mapped on offbeats in the first place, so I don't see how this will benefit beginners.
Because people do map Easy modes on 1/2 and 1/4
Jarby
You know, this would fuck up the spacing and flow of a map pretty badly. I can't see this happening.

Derekku Chan wrote:

Red ticks are upbeats.
Blue ticks are offbeats. (Also: 1/3's)
What.
Zekira

JarJarJacob wrote:

You know, this would fuck up the spacing and flow of a map pretty badly. I can't see this happening.
This, pretty much.

I think what he seems to be basing off here is that same Cut functionality from DDR. But since there are more factors to notes here in osu! rather than just being able to click them, I don't see it working out.
CheeseWarlock
I don't think this would be terrible for most maps, but at the same time I don't think it's really necessary. It turns any map into an Easy with boring timing and no nice patterns.
GabrielRKF
It's a funny idea but support.
Sakura
-EasyMode -HalfTime (do you really need anything else to make a map easier?)

I dont think this will be any good at all :<
Glass

Sakura301 wrote:

-EasyMode
Makes the map even harder most of the time.