forum

Display More Top Scores [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
(Tried Searching but found nothing similar)
I think displaying more top scores in-game would be a good idea with the scale of the player-base these days. With hundreds if not thousands of people playing the same song, these days, the top 40 scores are always filled with SS'es and mods,
I suggest displaying the top 80? scores in-game, to actually give you something to aim for more realistically, and keep you retrying, rather than the usual unattainable top 40

Inb4 high-accuracy players who commonly get top-40 scores disapproving... This applies to more people than it doesn't apply to
Kitsunemimi
Well, I'm pretty sure this is just another sign of our growing community, since a bunch of other much larger games out there have very small top-scores lists, and it's somewhat difficult to attain them. I consider getting in the top 40 "more rewarding".
peppy
The most I would be willing to increase it to is 50, both for performance reasons and to keep it from become too big to be an achievement.
rust45
I think 50 makes much more sense anyway, 40 is an odd number to show the top of and the listings show the top 50.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Its a step in the right direction, so 50 would be fine I guess~
Yingwu
Maybe you could separate ingame with online.

Ingame show a top 50 and online a top 100 or the other way around.

*edit* yes i know it's 40 ingame and 50 online atm.
peppy
I am never showing more than 50 scores. As it is, showing 40 requires huge storage requirements (replays alone add up to over 20gb). Even the increase from 40 to 50 adds quite a large overhead.
Shohei Ohtani
Kinda pointless ;~;. Maybe it's because I'm a CtB player, so getting into the top 40 is generally just FCing the song, but I find it pointless. Very few people really even care about places lower than 6th (Except I notice if people come up a lot in 36-40, because I see it in most maps I play ~.)
Yingwu
Can't you change it into showing a top 50 in-game where the top 30 gets replays (or still the top 40)?
peppy
It is still a performance overhead to increase querying by 10.
Gabi
don't really think this is needed, there is already top 50 on the site, doesn't really need it ingame
-Xero-
Is it possible to do a Top 50 for the very often played maps and a Top 30/40 for the less played ones?
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Hmmm yeah, if a map has over x plays it will show a top 50 instead of 40
vytalibus
I think we used to have the top fifty plays on a map, but like what peppy said, it's rather more of a performance issue that prompted the list to shorten up.

noxie wrote:

Can't you change it into showing a top 50 in-game where the top 30 gets replays (or still the top 40)?
I think that second half defeats the purpose of adding more top scores.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
No not really, it's just being able to track your score really if it's in the top '50?' you can see it in-game quite well, you can try and get higher in the ranks, and who watches the replays of those not in the top 10, no 5, no 3, maybe even 1
I've never watched a replay for anyone but top score

who agrees with this, top 40 replays are seriously unnecessary, especially if peppy says they are a strain
Neo Adonis

peppy wrote:

It is still a performance overhead to increase querying by 10.
Yeah, a database shouldn't save too much files. And, anyway, who cares places below the 6th? It's sad, but true.

Let's keep the list until 50 places but only on the web score.