forum

Grave maps after the MAPPER hasn't posted in 4 weeks. [added

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +58
show more
Kitsunemimi
Makes sense I guess.

Support.
Zekira
+999 Support!
Lesjuh
Why not just a 'GRAVE THIS MAP' button and the option to remove a map from existence?

Seriously it would filter the amount of crap available and the load on the server.
Derekku

Gabi wrote:

are you sure it isn't aready like this? someone told me once it was like this, but i have also had my doubts. support if it isn't like this already ;)
I've saved maps from getting graved before, so yes, this is how it is.

Though, I agree that it would make more sense to grave only when the mapper hasn't posted for such a long time.
Shohei Ohtani

lesjuh wrote:

Why not just a 'GRAVE THIS MAP' button and the option to remove a map from existence?

Seriously it would filter the amount of crap available and the load on the server.
+1 support
Jarby

lesjuh wrote:

No, it wouldn't.
NoHitter

0_o wrote:

It's annoying when you want a map to be graved and some rando posts in the thread, extending it another four weeks. I would prefer if it counted the time since the last post by the mapper instead (Updating would still reset the grave count as usual).
+1
Breeze
Someone love your map so he would post something in the forum, why you want to grave it.
Finish every map you submitted is a good habit ;)
Well, maybe you have other reason to grave it, this idea sounds nice, support anyway
adam2046
When I mod maps sometimes I'll tend towards the older maps but the problem with this is that I don't know if the mapper has abandoned the map and just wants it to grave unless they specifically state in the thread. This is the reason I will tend to avoid these maps when I feel like modding in case I accidentally bump up a map for another 4 weeks.

Support so I can free myself from paranoia.
Shohei Ohtani

Breeze wrote:

Someone love your map so he would post something in the forum, why you want to grave it.
So we can make things that they'll love even more ~.
awp
I think the intention was that auto-graving would be based on the OP's last activity in the thread, but I can see arguments going either way. If you wanted help, and someone posted something useful at the last minute, and the map graved before you could address the advice, it'd be extra effort to get the map ungraved and going again. But given that this is probably the rarer case, I'm fine with it.

lesjuh wrote:

It would increase the amount of crap available and increase the load/bandwidth usage on the server. That's why the restriction was put in place. If people were not restricted in their ability to upload crap that nobody cares about, it'd cause pollution for everyone, not just the server.
vytalibus

awp wrote:

I think the intention was that auto-graving would be based on the OP's last activity in the thread, but I can see arguments going either way. If you wanted help, and someone posted something useful at the last minute, and the map graved before you could address the advice, it'd be extra effort to get the map ungraved and going again. But given that this is probably the rarer case, I'm fine with it.

lesjuh wrote:

It would increase the amount of crap available and increase the load/bandwidth usage on the server. That's why the restriction was put in place. If people were not restricted in their ability to upload crap that nobody cares about, it'd cause pollution for everyone, not just the server.
Listen to this gracious man! He rarely speaks with such fluency of advanced vocabulary!
Natteke
This is really useful. Everytime I try to get my map graved, I wait patiently but then some guy comes in and "nice map star~". So yeah, I support this.
Sakura
I support this as well +1
Glass
necropost, I absolutely support this >_>. if some people actually bothered reading the map info this wouldn't really be a big issue...
Derekku

Glass wrote:

if some people actually bothered reading the map info this wouldn't really be a big issue...
star~ 8-)
SapphireGhost
After accidentally making this mistake, I support support support.
Firo Prochainezo
Oh god totally support! /me looks at Lunah with evil eyes
Claudia_old
+support
Glass
Necroing again, still hoping this would be implemented.
OzzyOzrock
sounds like a good idea

+support
SapphireGhost
This gives you a real idea on if the mapper has just given up hope on a beatmap.

Are +2 supports allowed?
Colin Hou
star~
Zelos

Lesjuh wrote:

I sort of see this as a yes and no situation.

Yes because people who actually map can map and upload a bit faster.

No because mappers who choose to upload random crap can upload random crap more faster.
James2250
Support for the original idea~
No reason 4 week counter should reset because someone else posts

As for

Lesjuh wrote:

I wouldn't do this..means new mappers won't have any motivation to work on their maps to improve them
Don't think it would help much
SapphireGhost
THIS. (Don't post here. Seriously.) I mean it. I don't want this counter to get reset again.

Anyway, apologies for the necropost but...

So I got sick of making this beatmap because it just sucked so I gave up. January 25th comes along, and that's the last post I tolerated. So now I'm waiting for that 4 week counter to go by (nothin' wrong with that) and hudzell comes along with a valid mod on February 20th, thus resetting my 4 week counter and prompting me to put the ABANDONED sticker in my signature. (I didn't know you could just edit the topic and have it not reset anything at the time) So I'm already kind of upset and then after six days, on February 26th I get a "here's a star" post, and so now the 4 week counter is reset AGAIN.

Thanks to you guys who meant well, but... I guess I have to wait 20 more days now.

Please end my misery here~ +3 support
peppy
You realise you can generally ask a BAT to remove such useless posts, right? Or override the 4 week delay and grave it for you like I just did?
Shohei Ohtani

peppy wrote:

Or override the 4 week delay and grave it for you like I just did?
Isn't that generally againsrt the rules, though?~.
peppy
Did you even read the above scenario before posting that?
SapphireGhost
Oh hi

peppy wrote:

You realise you can generally ask a BAT to remove such useless posts, right? Or override the 4 week delay and grave it for you like I just did?
Um, no... I didn't realize that. Sorry about that. Well then, thanks for the help.
Bittersweet

peppy wrote:

Did you even read the above scenario before posting that?
Once a friend had same "problem" and every BAT that he asked said "I can't do that, you must wait".
peppy
Every BAT? I believe they missed me, at least. And probably a lot of others. Hyperboles have a place and time.
ziin
Okay, there's only one reason I can think of as to why you would want your map graved:

You did a very good job on the map, however are unwilling to put the time and effort into getting it ranked/approved and would like to spend that effort on another map and would like the map to still be downloadable/commentable.

[removed]

Two reasons then I guess.

peppy wrote:

Every BAT? I believe they missed me, at least. And probably a lot of others. Hyperboles have a place and time.
"Every BAT that he asked" isn't a hyperbole, he just obviously didn't ask enough. However I'm certain any Bat would grave a map given those circumstances, and editing the first post to say "please do not bump this, I am waiting for it to be graved" would solve an awful lot of problems.
SapphireGhost

ziin wrote:

...and editing the first post to say "please do not bump this, I am waiting for it to be graved" would solve an awful lot of problems.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but I was a bit hesitant as to whether editing the first post would reset the counter or not so that's why I didn't.
ziin

SapphireGhost wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I was a bit hesitant as to whether editing the first post would reset the counter or not so that's why I didn't.
First off it doesn't, that's why if you submit there's a checkbox which asks "bump this topic? useable only once every few days", and second, it's only one more day/week. Better than waiting 3 weeks and having someone bump it.
Saten
I've wanted my map to be graveyarded for almost 4 months now :o
Hamuko
4 votes for you.
I have a map in pending that i want it in graveyard for 2 months. Luckly no one will post in the remaining week needed to graveyard it.
awp

peppy wrote:

Every BAT?
Only peppy can grave maps, bro. I just tried it. I'd give you the exact string that gets echo'ed but a combination of a url redirect and I'm-Slow makes the task a bit unpleasant
galvenize
I support this idea with all my might.

I'm encountering the said problem right now. Been stuck with a 6 months old PENDING map that I don't care about anymore but people keep posting in it.

So yea.

Also to bounce on Lesjuh's post, I understand that the option to graveyard our own maps isn't a good thing for the servers but what about the option to completly erase it from existence? As far as I know that would lighten the server by a whole lot.
SapphireGhost
I don't think there would be anything with just graving your own maps and then still having to wait the 4 weeks afterwards. For example, here's Bob's page.

Pending Beatmaps
Bob - Good Beatmap (grave this map?)
Bob - Crap Beatmap (grave this map?)

Bob clicks the (grave this map?)

Pending Beatmaps
SLOT LOCKED [4 weeks remaining]
galvenize

SapphireGhost wrote:

I don't think there would be anything with just graving your own maps and then still having to wait the 4 weeks afterwards. For example, here's Bob's page.

Pending Beatmaps
Bob - Crap Beatmap (grave this map?)

Bob clicks the (grave this map?)

Pending Beatmaps
SLOT LOCKED [4 weeks remaining]
Once a map is graveyarded the slots frees itself, there is no additional 4 weeks :>. missunderstood your post
Luna
If there is an instant-grave button, the blocked slot would be neccessary~ It's to avoid people spamming new Beatmaps.
I actually like the idea.
haha5957
/Support

It really bothers when someone posts on the map I'm planning to grave..
OnosakiHito
+1
SapphireGhost
I'm disappointed that it looks like this will never be implemented... will it ever?
TheVileOne
Why is posting even considered updating the beatmap anyways?

Only updating the beatmap or bumping it should reset the grave counter.
yeahyeahyeahhh
I really wish this was live >_>
Enna Alouette
+2
support x100 >w<~~
MoonShade
I have a different idea:

Upload your map the first time. After 4 weeks, the instant (Grave this map?) option will be avaliable for your map (depending on the date of your first upload, not the date of your last update or last post).

This way, people can't spam and must think about what they want to upload, but they can also quickly grave maps who haven't worked out and they need the free slot.

What do you think about this?
Galkan

So I guess request's been fulfilled? :P
peppy
It has, yes.