forum

What is meant by "inherit" timing or sections?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Etral
I've been browsing the forums all day trying to learn how to make a good map and get it modded and so on, but the one thing I didn't understand when people were modding maps is what they meant when they say to inherit timing. What does that mean, and how do you do it?
Zekira
Klonoa avvy = definitely will help lol

Anyway... this:

Topic Starter
Etral

Zekira wrote:

Klonoa avvy = definitely will help lol

Anyway... this:
Ooh, speedy response, thank you! Also yeah, heheh, Klonoa~ x3

I think I understand it now...So, inheriting a timing section is used when you want to make a new timing section at exactly half or double the bpm, or the same bpm with new sound effects?
Matma Rex

Etral wrote:

I think I understand it now...So, inheriting a timing section is used when you want to make a new timing section at exactly half or double the bpm, or the same bpm with new sound effects?
Yes.

Also, inherited sections don't reset timing signature, so you can insert them anywhere (for example, on 1/4 tick) and not mess up the timing. However, non-inherited ones are needed in some rare cases (but you probably don't have to worry about that).
Topic Starter
Etral

Matma Rex wrote:

Yes.
Thank you.

But mostly, thank you for that more detailed part afterwards. I really appreciate the help from you guys. Thanks for clearing that up for me!