forum

Taiko Drum Master game

posted
Total Posts

Do you know where is Taiko Drum Master is?

Yes, Both English and Japanese
58.06%
Yes, But only English
6.45%
Yes, But only Japanese
22.58%
No I haven't
12.90%
Total votes: 31
Polling ended
show more
awp
Don't have oni yet.
Topic Starter
dtnc21
Right now, 1 knows where is Taiko Drum Master is, both English and Japanese, 1 who knows where, but just Japanese, and 1 who doesn't.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
Nope..he's just stating the poll results. You know, the results everyone can already see and does not need to be mentioned.
awp

Saturos wrote:

Nope..he's just stating the poll results. You know, the results everyone can already see and does not need to be mentioned.
Poll? Do you know where is the poll is?
Echo
Taiko was fun on the DS, but I thought the song choice was quite limited. I had gold for all easy/normal, mostly gold on hard and 1 more song to clock in oni, but then I gave up before I clocked it.
awp
Are the songs you start with the entire setlist? If so, bummer, but I do like the notion of variety.
Echo
No, there are unlockable songs.
Topic Starter
dtnc21
Now 3 people knows where is the game Taiko, Both English and Japanese. The 3 others remain the same.
LuigiHann
The new DS one comes out this week.
Song list (with video links): http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/04/21/taik ... adventure/

I don't recognize many of those songs, but I'm happy to see Linda Linda (which was in Ouendan) and Cruel Angel's Thesis (the theme from Evangelion) on the list.
hunnykilla
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Can't wait for Taiko 2 :)
MaxwellDemon
Same here! Awesomeness that they have Tentai Kansoku in the list this time. That song is epic in Taiko. :)
awp
Ridge Racer ah hahahahahahaha
aquabluu
They even have Saitama2000. Oh joy :)
But I am a bit concerned about the lack of Namco Originals. They make a big part of the challenge in this game. Good thing that's not the full songlist yet
LuigiHann
For some reason I thought this was coming out today, but it comes out on the 24th. Boo.
Topic Starter
dtnc21

LuigiHann wrote:

For some reason I thought this was coming out today, but it comes out on the 24th. Boo.
Almost at my birthday...
aquabluu
It's only waiting until tomorrow. So close...
Loginer
YEEEEEEES IT'S DUMPED SUCK ON THAT PPLZ :3
LuigiHann
Is there a translation guide for the menus of this game? The first one was straightforward enough, but this one has that "dojo menu" which seems a bit more complex, and I apparently only know where this game is in English.
rtsmarty

LuigiHann wrote:

Is there a translation guide for the menus of this game? The first one was straightforward enough, but this one has that "dojo menu" which seems a bit more complex, and I apparently only know where this game is in English.
...You need to change your clothes to do some levels D;

This is going to have a lot of trial and error. But it's damn awesome.
Echo
In case anyone is having problems running it, here is a fixed version that work on R4 and Supercard (and possibly other flashcarts):
[multiplayer crashes]
http://down.tgbus.com/down.aspx?id=19913&no=1
http://down.tgbus.com/down.aspx?id=19913&no=2
[multiplayer works]
http://www.fs2you.com/zh-cn/files/13781 ... 4221b798a/
(wait for the green icon to appear next to "下载地址")

My translation (with the help of WWWJDIC)
Play
Middle button - difficulty
Right button - options
first option - drum sound
second option - "mods"
Dojo
panel - escape dojo (something to do with the 7 islands mentioned in the game name)
"sweet taste"
"dry taste"
house - increase rank
orange - once per day rank challenge
blue - practice
gold figure - tutorial
Multiplayer
Create
Join
Home
wardrobe - dress up the drum
computer - mail
drum - choose default sound (?)
Game Settings
Button configuration
Change name
Delete data
rtsmarty
I need to learn how to use 2 stylii because some of this stuff is crippling my arm... and I still miss most of them anyway on the hard bits. :o Anything on and up to Hard is pretty much fine. Oni up to 5/6 stars is passable... usually. Then it starts hurting and I start failing.

Although I did get 88% on Saitama2000 Oni through some fluke. So close to passing :o
awp
ty for telling me why I couldn't rank up after it worked the first time !!!
aquabluu
They'd better have more than one 10 star song or I'm going to strangle myself
Loginer
My Taiko controller arrived today. >:D
Gotta get a PS2 > USB adapter this weekend, though.

K-S-O
I'm becoming quite a fan of this series. First I imported the second DS game and then the 2008 soundtrack. I happen to enjoy the original tracks for these games. Now I want a Taiko plushy.

I have LuigiHann to thank for making the Taiko skin and the various beatmappers who mapped the Taiko songs. It has made me curious and now I'm really getting into this series.
mattyu007
still need to pass Ekiben (84% 88%) and 闇の魂 (80%) <--passed with 94% :D
...on oni, of course :P

sigh...21 more songs till i get all 200 crowns!!!! :D
(have 154 gold crowns, 45 silver)

EDITED XD
Axel
i have all the gold crowns in Taiko Drum Master English but my Taiko Drum Master Japanese arcade broke down and i gotta get it fixed today... :o
K-S-O
Would anyone happen to have English translations for the Taiko no Tatsujin 2008 OST track list? I cannot seem to find one anywhere. Here is the track list if it helps.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-na- ... -2o6u.html
fdtoonsman
I have both for the DS. It's really good fun, but its lack of story mode leaves me dry. I like the first one better however because it has the Mario Medley. It's also fun to personalize my little drum dude. :D
Loginer

fdtoonsman wrote:

I have both for the DS. It's really good fun, but its lack of story mode leaves me dry.
wut? The second game has a story mode.
fdtoonsman

Loginer wrote:

fdtoonsman wrote:

I have both for the DS. It's really good fun, but its lack of story mode leaves me dry.
wut? The second game has a story mode.
W-whaaaaaaaat? O_O

I think I need to go check...

Holy shit! How could I not notice that? :O

Wow, I am such a fucking nub!
silasw
I saw some English PS2 copies in the bargain bin at Gamestop. I don't have a PS2 though. I doubt those come with the drum controllers anyway.
Loginer
So I was trying to play Taiko on my epic PC with PCSX2, but it doesn't register the controls, so I can't even get into the menu. Other than that, massive lag on GH1, even with my Q9450. D:
[deleted user]
Ah. Taiko drum master. I have played since I went to Japan at the age of 16 years old. At first, I thought it would be difficult, but now, I'm on Oni mode on a lot of songs. Ridge Racer was one of the hardest song to pass on the DS version on both hard and Oni versions, but I've managed to pass it with flying colours. I have both the first and the second Taiko no Tatsujin game on DS.

Did anyone know that there's Taiko no Tatsujin on the Wii? It said it's gonna be in Japan in 2 months time. I can't wait for that and it's so exciting.
LuigiHann
jonathan_old
If it comes to the US, it probably will have crappy pop songs from 70 trillion years ago.
Loginer
They always do. D:
Also, I wonder if it's the same story in Japan, where everyone is tired of the songs in these games?
jonathan_old
awp
That's a pretty small sample size (1) to represent an entire population (127 million +) =x
LuigiHann
I think we've all been sidestepping the real issue here: Do you, or do you not, know where is Taiko Drum Master is??
awp
The poll of this thread makes it one of the best threads ever.
K-S-O
I have no idea what that poll means but I answered English and Japanese if it's supposed to mean my knowing the regions the game was released in.

Would like to see the Wii version come out here, although they'd probably change the tracklist and I don't get to play Angel Dream. :(
jonathan_old
yeah, American Taiko is shitty :evil:
ash
i was going to buy the one that actually used taiko drums but i didnt have enough money

i'll buy it eventually
devkit4384
I just downloaded the psp version "300mb YEA!"
Its soooo colorful........

awp
lukewarmholiday
devkit4384
WHO LUV'S TAIKO MINI-GAMES

LuigiHann

devkit4384 wrote:

WHO LUV'S TAIKO MINI-GAMES
I had my friend play the watermelon eating contest minigame in the PS2 version. He said it was the worst game. Like, he thanked me because every game he would ever play from that point forward would be more enjoyable.