forum

effect after catching a fruit in ctb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WhyHaveITried
when i catch a fruit a light efect appears how to turn it off ? :?:
Crystallize
Get in the settings panel and un-check all the graphics features.
If you are talking about the lightings from kiai time,then you must get a skin with no lights.
Kurokami
That can't be turned off.
iiyo
get a transparent skin, I suggest dusk's
Topic Starter
WhyHaveITried
thanks dusk skin makes it easier to play :)
Smilya
I have been thinking about this for a long time actually, if it was a way to turn it off :D
You cannot turn off the light above the plate, anyways you can turn off kiai fountains replacing star2.png with a transparent 1x1 png.
iiyo

119410501 wrote:

You cannot turn off the light above the plate, anyways you can turn off kiai fountains replacing star2.png with a transparent 1x1 png.
"You cannot turn off the light above the plate"

You can, the combo can be changed to value of 0,0,0 on each combo as seen here

Kurokami
No, you can't. Stop misleading peoples. Those numbers are only affect the colors of those lights. If you change the color of them to simple black or white they are still remains there, its just harder to see them.
Good to know, so you can make it forever black so you won't see it anymore playing on black background.
Kurokami
Yes, but you won't see your notes as well, since those numbers are for coloring the fruits. The light is just steals the color of the combo's.
PakaChan
For some reason i thought black combo color would turn the light black and still block the fruit but it's completly invisible (at least on black background). I wanted to get rid of that light for so long...

Kurokami wrote:

Yes, but you won't see your notes as well, since those numbers are for coloring the fruits. The light is just steals the color of the combo's.
All my fruits circles are white anyway, they don't depend by combo colour since I fixed white the overlay, so it can be done, and I think the black light will be still visible when it gets above the white fruits, better experience with Hidden.
WujekGrzyb
colors specified in skin.ini are not colors of notes if you have fruits + fruits-overlays
Kurokami
Well, that way it can work on high dim, as for no dim, lighter colors can be the solution with dark overlays.

Edit:

WujekGrzyb wrote:

colors specified in skin.ini are not colors of notes if you have fruits + fruits-overlays
Yes they are if you won't add color to the skin files. I, for example, just using a white images to make the colors apply to them as well. It makes more sense that way as the players can choose custom colors if they don't like mines. (Well, my skins are for the community.)
Orbital
Sorry, hope I'm not too late to this topic. Along with what WujekGrzyb said it is possible to remove that light-on-plate effect, however your fruit skins will be monocolor (you must also use combo color 0,0,0 in skin.ini along with overlays).

EDIT: It doesn't even need to dim all the way. You still won't see the light effects.

Something to this nature, as I am to understand? It's a variation of Exgon-Squares skin:
WujekGrzyb

Orbital wrote:

however your fruit skins will be monocolor
of course, however you can make it a little less boring by setting fruits like this:

the effect is good because "flames" are really invisible, even without background dim:
Granger
I wonder why you want to get rid of the flames though, they give you information on how and.where you caught the fruit without having to look down at the plate. I kind of wish the flames would always be high, they're helpfull when playing HD.
Orbital
Yeah, i meant monocolor as in a particular fruit will always be the same color/shape (whatever your skin for that fruit is), and color not based on combo. So yes, it can be colorful too, just independent of combo.

And for me, the light effect shows how close of the fruit you are to the plate, which is helpful. But as I play more and more, I find that I can assume where the fruit lands without the light in AR9+ with HD. Just preference (:
Telstra3G
I was wondering the same thing.
It really hurt my eyes when I started playing it.
I guess I'll download Dusk's and see if it is any better ;)