forum

[Archived] Reduce stereo hitsound strengh

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drafura
The stereo has been increased recently, on some headphones with hardware spacialization it sounds really awful. Is it possible to tweak the max pan to a lower value ? (not sure if feature request or support thread)

FYI: My headphone is this one http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-367
PatZar
maybe 4 drafufu
- Marco -
nope atm
Topic Starter
Drafura
Added reference to hardware having this issue
Lach
I feel your pain, the positional audio based off of cursor location got insanely distracting. It wasn't too bad before the latest update.

I absolutely hate unbalanced audio with a passion.
LKs
I play/map solely with my speakers.
The stereo hitsounds, a.k.a auto pan shifting function is way too abrupt which sounds quite weird at least to me.

Mappers sometimes edit hitsound files to get special pan effect for particular parts of music, but not by all means notes should be placed accordingly(correspond to audio direction). This function may cause disruption to some hitsounds patterns.

Also, since even with place a note on the most left or right edge, hitsound still sounds like from 35° front left/right instead of totally left or right. This function ends up with a unspeakably subtle feeling.

I would be happy to see a switch or a fader we can use to adjust gain of this effect.