forum

[Background Dim under 100%] flashing removal option.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +587
Topic Starter
TensaiRhythm
I would love to play maps with their backgrounds, even if I'd dim the background to 75% 90%, It's still way better than looking at a black screen. But the one thing that stops be from doing so is the constant flashing while I play, I guess i could also add to this that I mainly play with Hidden but it happens while not using mods as well.
I would like to request an option to disable this so I can enjoy this game even more :)
Akali
Yes please. It doesn't make anything "cooler", it's just plain annoying
xasuma
Yes!
Granger
I think it comes down to preference, i play at 99% dim because i like the flashing as a sorta comboburst.
Topic Starter
TensaiRhythm
That's exactly why I request an option to disable it and not to remove it entirely.
Bara-
It's kiai right?
Then it's never gonna happen
Topic Starter
TensaiRhythm
It's not kiai time, thanks for the post though.
Bara-
Then I have no idea what you mean with flashing, sorry (bg dim 100% user)
A Mystery

TensaiRhythm wrote:

That's exactly why I request an option to disable it and not to remove it entirely.
Maybe change the title of the thread to be more clear

EDIT: I don't think it's annoying, sometimes I play at 80% dim (usually just 100% though), but I understand why an option to disable it would be useful
Topic Starter
TensaiRhythm
I made it more specific although just by reading the full request you should get the idea :)
TheVileOne
The change between nearly full dim and full dim is minor. It could be made into an option, but i'm not sure if peppy would want that.
FrzR
Yes, please.
Seijiro
I have the same opinion on this matter. I always play with full dim just because of those flashes.

Obviously I support this :3
Gold Fingers
I would like to majorly bump this. It's killed me more times than I'd like to say, and it's lead to more than a few rage quits.
Bara-
I find it bad that I don't know what this is about
Combo burst?
Storyboard?
Something else I don't know
I sometimes play w/o dim (testing in editor), but I haven't seen such thing there
Gold Fingers
While you play a beatmap, at certain points in your combo your screen may tint or flash white.
It's best seen when your background is 90-95% dimmed.
It remains unaffected by turning off the storyboard, shaders, combo bursts and video. Only Background dim at 100% will turn it off.
Bara-
Thanks
I understand it might be annoying, but I'd like it, as I like kiai stars and combo stars a lot
Yeah, good idea, but I will probably not use it
Topic Starter
TensaiRhythm
I hope that it'll happen soon, or at least that we get to know for when it could possibly happen.
Bara-
Found out when it happens

Kiai start
Combo-burst

It'll NOT be changed for kiai (requested MANY times), but I can see it happens for combo burst
Yauxo

baraatje123 wrote:

Found out when it happens

Kiai start
Combo-burst

It'll NOT be changed for kiai (requested MANY times), but I can see it happens for combo burst
This basically wouldnt change a single thing. The most difficult parts happen in the kiai, the time where flashes could kill you easily.
Either completely or not at all. (while we're at it, completely please)

That whole "I wont change anything in Kiai" - whether it be because of some weird code or just peppy not wanting to - is stupid.
Bursst
Hmmm......
tnud
Would love this! It's very annoying that you can't play at a constant 80% dim for example.
AK47
still a problem lol
EverstonePiplup
This is HUGE for HD in osu!catch. During Kiais, the lights very faintly illuminate the balls falling all the way to the bottom of the screen, which is hugely distracting and turns the mod into "squint hard and try to see the balls." I actively try not to "cheat" during HD but it's difficult.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was 6 years old, but I wasn't the first to bump it sooooo
DeletedUser_6177230
we really need this, sometimes it's better for the eyes to have 90% dim, and the pulsing light is really annoying :(
Grill Master 69
i dont get how xootynator did it, she doesnt use 100% dim and she doesnt get the flashes
fiskmacka
I kinda found a solution for this from a reddit post. Turn on Don't change dim level during breaks. Hope this helps :^)
LettuceLemonade

fiskmacka wrote:

I kinda found a solution for this from a reddit post. Turn on Don't change dim level during breaks. Hope this helps :^)
that actually works what