forum

[added] Block Windows key in-game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +77
show more
D33d
The Windows key still has plenty of relevance. I use it a lot with Aero Snap and Win+M minimises everything. Moreover, it makes it easier to access the start menu/search function. Nevertheless, this has my support as an option.
Nessuka
Win+R > CMD is my only use for it.
Plus I have failed countless times due to the Win key.

This has my support.

<!-- insert pun about it being a 'win' key as opposed to a 'fail' key -->
Piotrekol
bumpy bump and shooting a star

theowest wrote:

But it should be a option in osu! to disable the windows key when playing beatmaps. Not browsing through your songs, chatting, mapping, etc.
pls
Graphite Edge
Support +1 for sure!
XPJ38
I like the Windows key :< It helps me to easily switch to the Desktop and display the taskbar to see if there are any new notifications from other programs, both from full screen mode. And I never pressed it accidentally. If this feature is considered, please make it an option.
Kurokami

peppy wrote:

If it's just the windows key, I can block that...
I just wondering why this is still missing. o.o Peppy already aware of this...

EDIT: I use it to quit doing something else while playing multiplayer which is already failed. So I like this as an option.
Shohei Ohtani
Move keyboard keys to A,S

everything is better.

Like it's so miniscule that I'm neutral on it, but it seems kind of easy to fix without implementing a toggle.

Windows key is still useful, also. Especially with the way Windows 8 works, I often have to use the Windows key to access certain programs (Or it at least makes it kind of easier, since they were like "Let's hide every useful program for CDFA woo woo"
RBRat3
:< I need that key to move osu & windows across monitors on a whim and other window functions...
I would rather see osu! automatically pause itself on loss of focus like some games although this would only extend it's usefulness to solo. All things considered this really isn't a problem anymore since you can remap the keys, right?
Nathanael
I love to support this even I haven't got my stars.
But anyway, the Windows key is still very useful to many people so it shouldn't be just instantly disabled.

I'd suggest to include an option on the settings "[ ] Disable Windows key while playing a beatmap".

Not to mention my "alt" key doesn't work so I use the windows key to switch windows while osu! is on full screen. 'orz
Piotrekol
bump(and throwing my second star there) >.>

Nathanael wrote:

I'd suggest to include an option on the settings "[ ] Disable Windows key while playing a beatmap".
^basically this PLEASE
I'm using this program for the time being http://winkill.clangen.org/ (opensource~)
peppy
Windows key is blocked during gameplay now. Please test this on test build to make sure it works as expected.
bomber34
Test built:
uh in window mode the windows key still works but the game does not get unfocused so you can still play
in full screen you just get kicked out completly to desktop while playing
Piotrekol

bomber34 wrote:

Test built:
uh in window mode the windows key still works but the game does not get unfocused so you can still play
Uh? it works for me(both fullscreen and window with aero enabled)- windows key gets blocked after first circle is clicked/missed and enabled during break/pause (<3 )

OEvil wrote:

it works but i suggest to be blocked always...
And what i mean is: if you click windows key two time it do the action
Always blocked? NO(just how i feel about it~)
OEvil
it works but i suggest to be blocked always...
And what i mean is: if you click windows key two time it do the action
bomber34

Piotrekol wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

Test built:
Uh? it works for me(both fullscreen and window with aero enabled)- windows key gets blocked after first circle is clicked/missed and enabled during break/pause (<3 )

Always blocked? NO(just how i feel about it~)
ok now that peppy updated it again (for the ctb overlay)
the window key is also blocked for me completly now :)
FluffyStorm
if you wanna multitask and the windows key is blocked use alt + tab
deadbeat
marking as added, any objections?
- Angelia
very good.
Nathanael
Good to hear. <3 Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it since my supporter tag expired. 'orz
[-Gin-]
Well I liked it because for one I have a keyboard which can disable the windows key =P
but also I used the browser as an overlay over osu, so osu wasn't completely minimized =/
emoticons
Nice! I recently always pressed the windows key when i paly with z and x. Result: Failed.
Moved the key afterwards to c and v. :D