forum

[Touchscreen] In-game pause button\pause by multitouch

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +69
Topic Starter
daviox
Hello! Is it possible to add the pause button during the game? I have a tablet with a Windows and a pause in the game without a keyboard is not possible, so I have to use the power button. This is not comfortable. Sorry for my English (Google Translate)

daviox wrote:

and I think about show/hide pause button during game option ;)
UPDATE

daviox wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

hmm...how about using 3 fingers to make it pause like osu!droid?
That would be great!
Deimos
Didn't even understand what you want. Could you write it down in your native language so someone can translate it in an understandable way?
Chirimu-Chan
He uses a Windoof Tablet to play Osu!, but Tablets dont have a keyboard to press Escape, so he dont get into the pause menu. He wishes a pause button for touch devices to be added to the game, so he can access the pause menu without using a keyboard.

(Für dich Deimos auch gern in Deutsch)
Er hatn Windows tablet und zockt da Osu druff, nur kommt er da nicht ins Pause-Menü, weil er ja keine Tastatur am Tab hat. Er wünscht sich nurn Pause-button für Touchbildschirme, damit er aufm tab ins menü kommt.
Deimos
No need to write in german for me.

Back to topic: It feels like an unneeded feature... It's like Microsoft who tries to get his stuff working on each kind of platform, Windows Tablet, PC, Smartphone, w/e... one of the reason why I dislike windows 8 and may also windows 10.

As long as there is an option to toggle it, go for it, from my side I don't want a pause button while being in a pause section of the beatmap. Kind of annoying.
Bara-
So
You click using the tablet?
That way it can get broken
Why don't you use your keyboard for clicking?
That way, you can also safely press esc
I don't know about your tablet, if it comes equipped with buttons or such, but I recommend using keyboard :P
Chirimu-Chan

baraatje123 wrote:

So
I don't know about your tablet, if it comes equipped with buttons or such, but I recommend using keyboard :P

- Marco -
Pretty sure it's a dupe. Anyway how about on the timer?
Topic Starter
daviox

and I think about show/hide pause button during game option ;)
Yauxo

Chirimu-Chan wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

So

What buggs me the most is that it's probably not as bad of an idea as it seems. If he really plays on that thing (and there really is no way to pause it like that), then I'll support him with that idea. Toggle though
Topic Starter
daviox

Yauxo wrote:

What buggs me the most is that it's probably not as bad of an idea as it seems. If he really plays on that thing (and there really is no way to pause it like that), then I'll support him with that idea. Toggle though
Thanks a lot :)

baraatje123 wrote:

So
I have a dock keyboard for this tablet, but I prefer to play osu! without that.
Granger
Uhm, i see a issue... if you have to move your cursor away from the hitobjects to pause... wont that cause you to miss or even fail depending on the map? Im sorry i cant see that as viable function.
Bara-
The only reason I ever pause during drain time, is for restarting
The only reason I ever pause during breaks, is idk, just pausing
- Marco -
DATGAMINGosuGUY
Same prob. I do have a keyboard, but it is inconvenient since I prefer the touchscreen. ;)
Bara-
Ohhh
For touscreen
Sure, why not?
I feel so dumb never understanding this

Edit
4444444th post in forum
Okay, I did delete this post an post again a few times though :p
Topic Starter
daviox

marcostudios wrote:

That would be great!
Asda Meal Deal
step 1 switch to 1280 x 720,
step2- see the taskbar. click it. it will automatically pause your game ;)
LilPoulpy
How's the idea going ? I'm facing this problem too :/

EDIT: I think that touching the score indicator to pause the game would be great.