forum

[invalid] Taiko hitsounds for auto-conversion of drum sampleset

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Doyak
Currently, Taiko skin has hitsounds for Normal and Soft sampleset, but there isn't Drum sampleset. Well, that alone is alright.

The problem is, when you play Taiko with some auto-converted standard maps that contains drum sampleset, what you hear are "totally muted sounds" for the drum hitsounds. For the whole timing section, you can't hear any hitsounds.

I don't know if this was intended, but, for me, this feels really empty and I think there should be some kind of hitsounds. So, I'm requesting Drum samplesets for Taiko auto-conversion to be converted to Normal or Soft samplesets. Or maybe others can find a better solution.
Bara-
Just add Taiko-drum-hitnormal/clap/finish/whistle.wav to the (taiko) skin
AFAIK, It's intended, as there already us a drum sounds, which is why drum samples are used
Topic Starter
Doyak

baraatje123 wrote:

AFAIK, It's intended, as there already us a drum sounds, which is why drum samples are used
Does that work? http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin According to this, Taiko skin doesn't have Drum sounds. And even the default skin doesn't have them.
Bara-
It does work
I also asked it 8-10 months ago, and I used it on my laptop for ever, because I hate it quite a lot xD
Topic Starter
Doyak

baraatje123 wrote:

It does work
I also asked it 8-10 months ago, and I used it on my laptop for ever, because I hate it quite a lot xD
Then I should change this request to 'add default Taiko Drum sampleset on the default skin and edit the wiki to tell people that Taiko can have its own Drum hitsounds.'
Stefan
iirc this has been denied, mostly for the reason baraatje123 said in his first post of the thread. However I recommend to follow this since almost all Taiko Skins we got around do not have drum samplesets unless they have been updated to solve this issue.
drum drum

baraatje123 wrote:

Pretttttttttty much
xxdeathx
^ saw drum drum sampleset in the title lol
Bara-

xxdeathx wrote:

^ saw drum drum sampleset in the title lol
LOLOLOLOL
Or drum drum set
But it looked like drum drum in a way, at least for him
Topic Starter
Doyak

Stefan wrote:

iirc this has been denied, mostly for the reason baraatje123 said in his first post of the thread. However I recommend to follow this since almost all Taiko Skins we got around do not have drum samplesets unless they have been updated to solve this issue.
Oh wait... that was too fast. Well, but at least the default skin needs those hitsiunds, doesn't it? I could change the request instead of getting this invalid...