posted
Total Posts
show more
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Jordan

IppE wrote:

capitalism, ho!
I don't see anything bad about capitalism and I don't get why people complain about it, too. If it wasn't for it we'd still be living in caves wiping off our asses with leaves.
-Nya-

Marcin wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

What? I don't understand what you mean
I was pulling a joke about what Granger just explained

Granger wrote:

Many holyday's religious history has been forgotten/became unimportant. Its a toy of the captialism now.

That doesn't mean we should forget the importance of Christmas. We are not puppets that are being controlled by capitalism
-Nya-

silmarilen wrote:

christmas is just a bunch of holidays put together, they just put the tag birth of jesus on it to make it more christian

Umh no. The origin of the day, Christmas, is from the birth of Jesus. It's a very special day.
silmarilen
no it isnt, there isnt even any proof that jesus was born on that day, and if anything it's more likely that he wasnt.
they literally picked a date, said "this is the day we are going to celebrate christmas" and that's it. and that's only the christians, there are lots of other cultures that had other holidays/festivals around the same date, and over time they became the christmas as we know it today.
-Nya-

silmarilen wrote:

no it isnt, there isnt even any proof that jesus was born on that day, and if anything it's more likely that he wasnt.
they literally picked a date, said "this is the day we are going to celebrate christmas" and that's it. and that's only the christians, there are lots of other cultures that had other holidays/festivals around the same date, and over time they became the christmas as we know it today.
Hmmm, yeah, I did hear something about that. But although we're not sure, I guess it's still more important to celebrate his birth then not doing it cuz we're not sure when exactly he was born.
Secretpipe
Wont have anything for Christmas.

dun be sad and selfish ppl.
Lhijn

-Nya- wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Hmmm, yeah, I did hear something about that. But although we're not sure, I guess it's still more important to celebrate his birth then not doing it cuz we're not sure when exactly he was born.
this whole event is just a specualtion if jesus was real or not, nobody can proove it and yet we celebrate this day becasue someone set this day to be his birthday. it was the same when they said: today will be the 1.1.0000, we just took it and in the end it's hipothetical
-Nya-
I think there are enough proof in the world that Jesus and God are real. And we don't need proof. We just have to believe. For me, the Bible and other things like love for one another is proof enough.
-sev
Nice meme friend.
Granger

-Nya- wrote:

I think there are enough proof in the world that Jesus and God are real. And we don't need proof. We just have to believe. For me, the Bible and other things like love for one another is proof enough.
Yes, let me write a book about how humans are actually the real aliens and its suddenly true. I dont see how either the bible or love is proof for anything. In fact, theres no proof at all about God, and just a few questionable proofs about Jesus (Like this cloth which was said to have been used on Jesus's death bed, thus getting stains looking like Jesus's face + thorn crown.)

Whatever, i dont want to make this a religious debate, but please understand that either of these things are no valid proof for anything.
-Nya-
I know lots of other people believe lots of other things and I don't blame you. But have you actually read the Bible?
JoyceSn

-Nya- wrote:

I know lots of other people believe lots of other things and I don't blame you. But have you actually read the Bible?
I read books for school, I never read the bible, but I don't see a book of a religion as a reliable way to get honest information anyways. Still, you know, keep believing you have the freedom to do so. I can't be sure you're wrong, but I believe you're wrong, you can't say you're right but you can believe you're right. If you celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas, I wish you a merry Christmas in advance. ^-^

Now to whoever started this topic to the title of the subject... it's not even Christmas yet how the hell can you be sick of it.(at least it's not the 25th-26th here yet, and that is the earliest any culture I know of celebrates this holiday.)
Granger
Germany celebrates on the 24th.

I have read the bible, both old and new testament, and i think its a pretty good story book but i cant accept it as proof as it is, well, a story book. Do you honestly think stuff like the sinthflood, which is not only logistically impossible, actually happened?
TraxieChan
-Nya-

Granger wrote:

Germany celebrates on the 24th.

I have read the bible, both old and new testament, and i think its a pretty good story book but i cant accept it as proof as it is, well, a story book. Do you honestly think stuff like the sinthflood, which is not only logistically impossible, actually happened?
Of course it is! Don't you know how powerful and almighty God is?! He then created Earth, he created the universe, so of course it's possible. It's actually pretty amazing. And did you know that the Bible was actually written on pieces of stone scattered all over the world, and then we found it and just translated it to all the languages in the world. I think that's amazing as well. :)
DeletedUser_4041880
The bible was written when everyone thought the world was flat.
B1rd

Frostei wrote:

The bible was written when everyone thought the world was flat.
It's a myth that people used to think the world was flat in ancient times. Now however...
DeletedUser_4041880

B1rd wrote:

It's a myth that people used to think the world was flat in ancient times. Now however...
Either way, it's still a bit hard to believe that a god of some sort created the universe and whatnot. Didn't people in ancient times create their own gods to explain natural disasters and worshipped them for a good harvest, marriage, and more?
B1rd
Honestly I find the concept that the universe sprang into existence from nothing more implausible than the idea that it was created by some god. Probably the most believable part.
Senpoii
I have never really liked Christmas. Aside from from stress of running around, I have to deal with a brother and mother who are like putting a mad cat and dog together.