forum

Passing from rubberdome to mechanical?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Ok, so, for Christmas i´m going to buy a mechanical keyboard, and i had read some guides because i have zero idea about mech keyboards, and honestly, i still have little to no idea about them, so i would like some help.

I only know my actual keyboard is a Inves K6712MU, i don´t want to spend more than 80 euros and i´ve heard something about the best moment to switch from rubberdome to mechanical, i don´t know too much about it.

As you can see, i´m not helping too much, but i have already said that i have zero idea about mechanical keyboards, i don´t even know how to see which actuation force my actual kb have.
Vuelo Eluko
black switches, if you can find a Cooler master KB with them thats even better. avoid razer unless you want mountain dew switches filled with dorito dust, ignore my posts because im an idiot, thats pretty much all you need to know.
Noobsicle
if there are any computer stores near you, look around and see if they have mechanical keyboards on display, play around with the switches to see which one you like

for osu you should consider reds, blacks or browns, but pretty much anything cherry switch would be better than rubberdome

your keyboard probably has around ~60g actuation force, which is similar to blacks

don't get razer
winber1
apparently razer also breaks under the slightest hint of water in them, and sometimes other foods and liquids. moral of the story? razer is best brand

cooler master kb's are pretty cheap and good for their price i've heard. personally reds are master race cuz they require the least actuation force, but yea. reds, blacks and browns are linear of varying actuation forces. linear meaning that there isn't some weird click to let you know the key was pressed, whereas something like blues has a tactile click in the middle of it (which also requires slightly more force to actuate it).

don't forget to 420
Topic Starter
Frc
So, the best option is a switch with a similar actuation force to my actual keyboard?
Sokru
Keep in mind that mechanical keyboards are loud.
winber1

FrcV wrote:

So, the best option is a switch with a similar actuation force to my actual keyboard?
no, why would it have anything to do with your current keyboard

the best actuation force is the one you prefer the most, which is pretty rhetorical in a sense since usually no one really knows which one they prefer the most. most people generally like reds i guess tho, since it's the lightest actuation force, but again it's up to the users discretion.
sayonara_sekai
i used black switches for the last 5 years, switched to reds recently and i like them much better. blacks are fine too tho
Topic Starter
Frc
Ok, i think i´ll buy a CM Quickfire TK Red or a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red.

Now the thing is find those keyboards in my country, time for search in all computer stores I know xD.
winber1
or just go on amazon
Topic Starter
Frc

winber1 wrote:

or just go on amazon

I don´t have paypal or credit card.