forum

Have the plate catcher in CTB dissapear in breaks. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Then have it reappear when the pink circle or arrows appear, the cursor dissapears, why doesn't the catcher get to dissapear as well? also i misspelled dissapear three times.

Don't question my one post count, and 0 play count in osu standard, taiko, and catch the beat :)
Yingwu

A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4 wrote:

Then have it reappear when the pink circle or arrows appear, the cursor dissapears, why doesn't the catcher get to dissapear as well? also i misspelled dissapear three times.

Don't question my one post count, and 0 play count in osu standard, taiko, and catch the beat :)
Why would you want your main character to disappear?

No support...
Rukario

noxie wrote:

No support...
^
If that would be I can't dash like an idiot in breaks.
Let me be an idiot XD
Xgor
NONONONONONONONONONONO!!!
How could that be useful in any way
Sir Minelli

A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4A4 wrote:

May I question your annoying nick then?

Also, no. You can still play around with your character and its fun... I think..
NotShinta
What no support
Neo Adonis

Rukario485 wrote:

If that would be I can't dash like an idiot in breaks.
Let me be an idiot XD
^

Anyway, why would you like to hide the catcher? If the cursor does that during breaks, is because of a reason, but the catcher doesn't clog anything.
Derekku
If the osu! cursor disappears in osu! standard, then I think it sounds fine to have the ctb character disappear as well.

The key thing to remember here is that the cursor only disappears if you stop moving it (go idle). So, the same thing could work for ctb: If you stop moving, the character disappears; If you want to play with it and dash around, then go nuts! :P
bobzearth42
At least I'm not the only one who dashes like an idiot at breaks :P

... But yeah this is just kinda silly, and the cursor only disappears if you stop moving it.
Aoitenshi
Further more, if the catcher appears, you may don't know where is your catcher and may be late to catch the fruit.
Derekku

Aoitenshi wrote:

Further more, if the catcher appears, you may don't know where is your catcher and may be late to catch the fruit.
In osu! standard, I believe that the cursor reappears at least three seconds before the break is over. It would most likely be the same for ctb if this were added. :P
Aoitenshi

Derekku Chan wrote:

Aoitenshi wrote:

In osu! standard, I believe that the cursor reappears at least three seconds before the break is over. It would most likely be the same for ctb if this were added. :P
Still, I think it's kinda silly to have Catcher disappear like an invisible man, Anyway, why it should disappear? o_O
Derekku

Aoitenshi wrote:

Anyway, why it should disappear? o_O
For the same reason the cursor disappears in osu! standard, I suppose. :?

inb4why
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

inb4why
;_;

Apparently it's supposed to make replays nicer or something?

If the same reasoning for the disappearing cursor can be used for a disappearing Ryuta, I don't see the problem with consistency.
Xgor
Why should the cursor disappear anyway?
Kitsunemimi
The cursor disappears just because we like it when cursors disappear (watching fullscreen movie, or something else; the cursor has been known to disappear). Also, the trail of stars being emitted from the cursor goes away too. But it wouldn't make sense for the catcher to disappear because we never see people randomly disappearing in games when they don't move for too long. Plus, I think since he's so significant while playing that it would seem totally awkward for him to disappear just like that.

Also, that means no support from me.