forum

Recording Mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Response to: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=348984

Instead of making a replay converter, why don't we just make something that will make recording easier on slower computers? It'll take some advanced video editing skills, but I'm imagining having the song and the hitsounds play at real-time, and the gameplay itself play at 0.5 speed. Then, later we can reduce down the video back to normal speed. So if we were recording at 30 FPS, it then gets turned into 60 FPS. Maybe we should also be able to make it even slower, for anyone who can't manage 10 FPS. :| But anyways, discuss.
Yingwu

Harris73 wrote:

Response to: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=348984

Instead of making a replay converter, why don't we just make something that will make recording easier on slower computers? It'll take some advanced video editing skills, but I'm imagining having the song and the hitsounds play at real-time, and the gameplay itself play at 0.5 speed. Then, later we can reduce down the video back to normal speed. So if we were recording at 30 FPS, it then gets turned into 60 FPS. Maybe we should also be able to make it even slower, for anyone who can't manage 10 FPS. :| But anyways, discuss.
With my screencapture recording tools i got 120 fps on osu! while doing a 120 fps record so i think the slowing down part isn't necessary but an option to record your plays gets my support!
zagrom_old
I make a prediction that this will be denied very shortly,
I dont have much to say on this one.
peppy
Seriously, upgrade your PC or get a friend to do it for you. My Pentium 4 from 2002 could record correctly at 60fps.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
I'm 15 years old and my laptop that was purchased from the school (part of the laptop learning program) has an integrated chipset with 64MB graphics memory. I'm trying to record at 1440 x 900 with at least some visual effects on maps that have videos/storyboards. I cannot get my parents to get me upgrades for this laptop, or another PC in general, and last time I tried, I cannot speedhack osu!.
nardii

Harris73 wrote:

I'm 15 years old and my laptop that was purchased from the school (part of the laptop learning program) has an integrated chipset with 256MB graphics memory. I'm trying to record at 1440 x 900 with at least some visual effects on maps that have videos/storyboards. I cannot get my parents to get me upgrades for this laptop, or another PC in general, and last time I tried, I cannot speedhack osu!.
Well at the very least lower your resolution and turn off all effects if possible. Depending on the rest of your specs, you probably should be able to get at least a decent recording. Also don't bold certain phrases in your message, it just makes it look like we're stupid and can't extract the necessary information ourselves so you have to point it out for us.
Hanyuu
i can help you harris if you want i can try to make a replay record for you
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Hanyuu wrote:

i can help you harris if you want i can try to make a replay record for you
Actually, I have another computer (that technically isn't mine) that I can use to record almost perfectly fine. But I'm just suggesting this for other people who're experiencing the problems that I'm having.

Also,

nardi11011 wrote:

Well at the very least lower your resolution and turn off all effects if possible. Depending on the rest of your specs, you probably should be able to get at least a decent recording.
The entire purpose of recording mode is so that I can make a recording with those quality standards with less capable hardware. If I wanted a crappy video, I wouldn't even need 60FPS. I could just have it 800x600 at like 30 FPS with no background video or anything, but it's all about being more HD. Plus, it enables those with 'medium-ish' hardware to be able to record with the remainder of the visual effects, so that the video is higher quality.

Plus, I doubt this would take too much work; probably just fit in an extra button next to 'Watch Replay' that says 'Recording Mode' and it just simply plays the visuals at 0.5x speed with the audio in real-time.

I know I'm being retarded about this since it's already denied but I'm trying to get my point across.