forum

Can We Reach The Top?

posted
Total Posts
show more
I Give Up
If you gotta have big dreams don't make them so hard.
cheezstik

lilelf29 wrote:

buny wrote:

as true as the easter bunny
You guys makes things feels so ahievable it's very refreshing.
Well, if by the top, you mean #1, then probably not. Even now, it's extremely statistically unlikely for someone that just started playing to ever reach >#100, and this number is continuously growing, to the point where it might be nearly impossible to ever reach >#1000. Might be bursting someones bubble, but it's true.
Topic Starter
lilelf29
Well, if by the top, you mean #1, then probably not. Even now, it's extremely statistically unlikely for someone that just started playing to ever reach >#100, and this number is continuously growing, to the point where it might be nearly impossible to ever reach >#1000. Might be bursting someones bubble, but it's true.
Don't worry you definitely aren't, I don't believe it is at all possible, so it'd be awesome if Others or I could prove myself wrong :D
Topic Starter
lilelf29

KukiMonster wrote:

If you gotta have big dreams don't make them so hard.
How can you even have big dreams that are easy?
I Give Up
Well I tried but fine, be cheeky, I don't care. It's only a matter of time anyway.
ZenithPhantasm
Next Woobowiz alert.
Topic Starter
lilelf29

KukiMonster wrote:

Well I tried but fine, be cheeky, I don't care. It's only a matter of time anyway.
What I'm really struggling to understand what you're trying to say?
There was no cheekiness, there is no "big dream" that is easy or it wouldn't be a big dream?
Or are you intending to say something else that I haven't noticed?
Topic Starter
lilelf29

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Next Woobowiz alert.
Didn't he post on here yesterday or something?
Am I missing a joke or reference or something here D:
SomeLoli
I'll race you to the top, first one to get carpal tunnel syndrome loses
Topic Starter
lilelf29

SomeLoli wrote:

That's unfair I already have it in my ring and middle finger from CM Wiz on D3, other hand though.
Saphirshroom

lilelf29 wrote:

SomeLoli wrote:

That's unfair I already have it in my ring and middle finger from CM Wiz on D3, other hand though.
You have... carpal tunnel syndrome... in your fingers?
What.
Rokusho

Riince wrote:

til it's over is a fun easy singletap map how you get d
no man that map is way too fast to singletap
buny
i have them in my fingernails
silmarilen
i have carpal tunnel in my left eyebrow
Topic Starter
lilelf29

Saphirshroom wrote:

lilelf29 wrote:

You have... carpal tunnel syndrome... in your fingers?
What.
I have CTS Yeah; apparently it's really rare to have on your ring finger.
It's your hand and wrist, but I only really feel the numbness on my middle and ring finger.
Topic Starter
lilelf29

silmarilen wrote:

i have carpal tunnel in my left eyebrow
I gotta admit that would be so weird wtf
ZenithPhantasm

lilelf29 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Next Woobowiz alert.
Didn't he post on here yesterday or something?
Am I missing a joke or reference or something here D:
t/204057
Some glorified user page that should've been moved to OT.
Topic Starter
lilelf29

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

t/204057
Some glorified user page that should've been moved to OT.
Oh now I see why people have been joking about another blog xD
I admire his effort and commitment though, good shit.
Nathan
[Kanzaki Ranko]

winber1 wrote:

as long as we have circles to click, no anger shall harm us
90% of the anger in my life is due to clicking circles
the other 10% is because I play MOBAs
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
war never changes, yet..

war has changed, we now fight but an endless amount of proxy battles

war has changed
xasuma

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

war never changes, yet..

war has changed, we now fight but an endless amount of proxy battles

war has changed
Don't do drug kids
Gumpy

Flameu wrote:

winber1 wrote:

MOBAs are way worse
MOBA is not a genre
Kouya-

Flameu wrote:

That's a lie .
drum drum

Flameu wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Clicking circles makes me smile
kamikin_old
I get better by not playing... I never see improvements while playing but after taking about a 1-2 day break I become better....
Topic Starter
lilelf29

kamikin wrote:

I get better by not playing... I never see improvements while playing but after taking about a 1-2 day break I become better....
Well I've seen loads of people say how many hit walls and quit, but by playing more you soon overcome them.
I'm at a wall right now already, so we'll soon see whether just playing a lot makes that much of a difference :)
YamiHikari

lilelf29 wrote:

I'm at a wall right now already, so we'll soon see whether just playing a lot makes that much of a difference :)
I hit a wall and it feels like crap already, i'm gonna try out different songs and master AR 9-9.8 .. I can't imagine what hitting a wall is like at rank<10k
silmarilen
i hit a wall 8 months ago and i stopped trying to overcome it
Nyxa
Thought of Bob the Builder when I saw the thread title and I wasn't disappointed

cheezstik wrote:

lilelf29 wrote:

You guys makes things feels so ahievable it's very refreshing.
This isn't true, actually. It depends heavily on too vague variables to be able to properly tell. Yes, it's quite obvious that someone in the top 10 who's played for 3-5 years has a huge advantage over someone starting today, but, as you can see here

silmarilen wrote:

People don't always continuously improve. Depending on your base compatibility with the different skills osu! requires (i.e. if you've played some other sort of game in the past that required fast left-hand tapping, you'll probably have a starting advantage when it comes to streaming), when your walls happen and for how long they'll last, and when other players' walls happen and how long those last, as well as your compatibility with the newest maps getting ranked (i.e. some players are better at older maps while others are better at newer ones, and some players are better at RLC-like maps while others are better at HW-style maps, etc.), you can't really tell how big the chance of each individual in this game is to eventually reach #1. Maybe OP won't be #1 next year, or the year after that, but it's not impossible at all. That's just pessimistic, not realistic.

That said, if everyone wasn't such a quitter and was truly trying their best to be #1, then yeah, you'd be having a really hard time getting there.
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

maybe if you did some dedicated speed and AR10 training you could start doing stuff like Wind God Girl HDHR and get into the top 500

my frustration is that all my aim, reading and accuracy all improve through practice, except I can't stream. I'll play a fast map, but start mashing on the streams and break combo. So I need to completely stop playing fast maps to break the habit of stream mashing, and solely play low bpm stream maps until I can stream properly, which is boring as hell.
Nyxa
Wind God Girl is such a bad map though. Also B1rd try building up. Find the bpm that you're comfortable with streaming and then keep bumping up 5bpm until you're comfortable with that

Continue until Cookiezi
Bauxe

kamikin wrote:

That's because you are resting your hands. After a few days of training, you will slowly feel worse at the game. The rest will help a lot.

Which is probably why a lot of people hit walls, they don't take breaks.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Tess wrote:

Wind God Girl is such a bad map though. Also B1rd try building up. Find the bpm that you're comfortable with streaming and then keep bumping up 5bpm until you're comfortable with that

Continue until Cookiezi
you cant build something that isnt inherent such as streaming ability because you cant expect to stream at your best possible bpm every day, pretty pointless advice but then again so is yours

also who seriously hates on od9 stream maps?
Gumpy

Bauxe wrote:

kamikin wrote:

That's because you are resting your hands. After a few days of training, you will slowly feel worse at the game. The rest will help a lot.

Which is probably why a lot of people hit walls, they don't take breaks.
But breaks are boring.
B1rd
you only take breaks when you don't feel like playing anymore.
Nyxa

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

Tess wrote:

Continue until Cookiezi
you cant build something that isnt inherent such as streaming ability because you cant expect to stream at your best possible bpm every day, pretty pointless advice but then again so is yours

also who seriously hates on od9 stream maps?
You don't have to stream at your best possible bpm every day, and nobody ever said that. If you want to strawman your way into looking cool then that's fine but then you might want to reconsider what really is pointless in this equation. Perhaps if you'd read what I said properly you'dve seen that I recommended he finds the BPM he can stream with comfortably, not his best possible bpm. If that's 180 on monday and 150 on tuesday then so be it, as long as it's his comfortable speed.

Also who said I called Wind God Girl bad for being an OD9 stream map?

Also, Bauxe is right. Breaks are important. Also has a cute new avatar, damn.
B1rd
the advice isn't very relevant considering I'm not looking to build speed, I'm looking to build up technique and accuracy. But regardless, there's no advice that will help, I just need to practice.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Tess wrote:

Also who said I called Wind God Girl bad for being an OD9 stream map?
are you trying to twist this into some sort of a debate whether or not that map is a stream map

rofl these forums
Nyxa
Technique, accuracy and speed go hand in hand, though. If you master lower bpm streams, higher bpm won't take very long to do well. You just need to set a basis where you're confident that you can stream very well under X BPM. Once you have that set, you can start building speed, which in turn also makes your fingers more steady at slower speeds since they get used to a much heavier amount of strain. I remember that after I did a decent amount of practice I could stream anything of say, 165 bpm or lower for minutes on end without really losing fatigue. But I mostly practiced that by "streaming" throughout my day. Like, when I'm in a waiting room, just alternately tap my fingers on my leg or something. After doing that for just 3-4 days I went from not being able to do deathstreams at all to nearly SSing Placebo Dying.

People often say "play more" or "all you need is more practice" but what's important is how you practice, not how much. If you practice the wrong way then yeah, you'll make slow or no progress. Practice efficiently and you won't have that issue. The thing I described may not work for you but I guess the most important thing is to try out different practice methods until you find one that suits you, then stick to it, and practice regularly and consistently. That'll probably land you the most favorable results. Also, mindset. Very important thing. The more you think you suck, the more you'll suck. That doesn't mean that thinking you're Cookiezi will make you Cookiezi, but I see many players hate their skill - regardless of being rank 500 or 500K - and also complain about being stuck at the same spot for months or even moving back in progress. I personally have trouble with it too, but it's important to be proud of what you can do, rather than hate yourself for what you can't.
show more