forum

I don't get experience from completing songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ FELT ]
I don't get any experience from completing songs but get them only if I quit while halfway through them. Any idea why?
Therieri
As far as I know your "experience points" are your total score. osu! wiki says following of this total score:

The total score is the total sum of all scores on ranked and/or approved beatmaps, including failed trials. If a player plays a ranked song for the first time and gets 500k, both ranked and total score increase by 500k. Then, the player plays again and gets 400k, only the total score increases by 400k.

So you pretty much get it from everything what you are doing in osu! as long as you are playing beatmaps.

It also says following of this level system:

The level of a player is based solely on the player's total score. The total score requirement for a given level is as follows:

5,000 / 3 * (4n^3 - 3n^2 - n) + 1.25 * 1.8^(n - 60), where n <= 100
26,931,190,829 + 100,000,000,000 * (n - 100), where n >= 101

It might be better that you go to read it yourself from the osu! wiki.

But to answer to your actual question I don't know why that happens. Have it ever happened before? I get it from every beatmap. Maybe your connection is not working properly? Have you tried to booting your internet connection? Or trying to restart osu! again? Have you tried different beatmaps? osu! was victim of DDoS attack recently it might have something to do with it. Sometimes osu! is not working correctly if you start it as administrator so if you have been doing that you should try to start it with not as administrator. Nothing else comes to my mind at this moment which could maybe fix this.

EDIT

It also seems Bancho is down so it might be reason to that.
lit120
you can get EXP if you don't (long duration). each difficulty will give you amount of EXP (if you add mods, then it will give you more)
Therieri
Since your question what about levels I thought that you would like to check this site where you can see how much you need total score to reach different levels. Check this osu! level calculator made by Howl
Topic Starter
[ FELT ]
It's still the same. I get no exp at all when I complete songs and I'm connected to banchobot. Only if I leave the songs mid-way will I get exp. Weird.
Therieri
Really weird. I just finished song and I got score for it.
Conor
daikichi
not like leveling up does anything.. *hint
Kouya-
It could mean that you should refresh your stats once in a while since sometimes it doesn't update right away .

You are getting exp though ~
Maus
What I want to know is why you care about exp? haha
Therieri
Maybe he likes levels? ;)