Mechanical keyboard - some important questions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Vertius

Saphirshroom wrote:

Vertius wrote:

I'd like to know if there's a way to buy Ducky Shine 3 with standard QWERTY layout in Poland (or if it's possible in general), because I couldn't find any.
Because swapping two keycaps would mean an immeasurable amount of work. Don't let the keyboard layout influence you in your decision unless like all keys are where you don't want them (or obviously when the switch sockets aren't where you want them).

Also, considering that you've already decided to go for reds you probably know that but just to be sure:

Riince wrote:

yeah reds pretty much make you do all the work [this is why i switched to blacks], just practice and you'll figure out just how high you have to lift your fingers.
1. Its not about two keycaps, because that's not a problem but there are different keys (these close to enter key) that's why im asking.
2. I thought about Blacks but I'm generally using my keyboard for longer periods of time daily and I heard that Blacks are the heaviest switches, so streaming in osu or just generally clicking for longer time would be harder, but maybe I'm wrong, because I'm rather new to mechanical keybaords and stuff. Also as far as i know reds are recommended/used by most higher rank people in Osu and they're fine with 'em.
chainpullz
I've heard you can pick up chicks playing on a ducky shine. My quick fire is nice for travel since it's compact enough to fit in my 17" laptop backpack.

Also my take on blacks is they are good for fast streaming but will reduce your stamina. Jesus explained it better in another thread and he's considered by many to be one of the fastest streamers in the game right now.
Gumpy

Riince wrote:

Vertius wrote:

CM Storm Quickfire TK
sayonara_sekai
reds: 45g actuation
black: 60g actuation

Now ask yourself if you can ever tell the difference between 50g and 100g and then rethink how "heavy" blacks actually are. The switches have a different feel for sure but the "blacks are hard topress!!" myth is kinda ridic.
Vuelo Eluko

phonics wrote:

Now ask yourself if you can ever tell the difference between 50g and 100g and then rethink how "heavy" blacks actually are. The switches have a different feel for sure but the "blacks are hard topress!!" myth is kinda ridic.
its more about what the weight does to your movements than how harder they are to press though, they push your fingers. whether this is good or bad for you is a personal factor
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

phonics wrote:

its more about what the weight does to your movements than how harder they are to press though, they push your fingers. whether this is good or bad for you is a personal factor
This is basically the short version of Jesus's argument. One thing to try is just to alternate your tapping fingers as fast as you can on 2 keys. You will probably notice that as you approach your speed barrier you are not only moving your fingers faster but with more force.
Topic Starter
Vertius
Ok, the difference is kinda small, but when you stream (or singletap) in OSU you'll probably feel the difference and as far as i know you're a little bit faster/more durable on red switches than on blacks. Btw. which keyboard to buy cause I still don't know tbh, Im now kinda after CM Storm TK but I've heard that keys in this keyboard are kinda 'square-like' and its not comfortable to press 'em (I'm slim keyboards user for now). I don't really need any super backlight or something, but if i'm buying a keyboard i'd like it to be the best possible and comfortable for the price. Maybe im wrong, correct me if i am. :)
My main point is to have the best possible results in OSU! (thats the main reason why i am buying mechanical keyboard) so i'd like to know it in this aspect.
chainpullz
Reds have better stamina for lower speeds. You will be pressing reds and blacks with force far greater than is necessary to actuate the key at high bpm (for me this is as slow as 230bpm). The blacks provide more of a restoring force as Riince has pointed out. Thus they are better for playing fast. Reds are more all-purpose since you don't have to work as hard at comfortable speeds.
daikichi
Corsair Vengeance K70 cause it looks suuper sexy and they all have the same switches anyway
deletemyaccount
I've got a Ducky Shine 3, and its a pretty good keyboard(red switches).

If its more expensive though, I would get the K70; that RGB is sexy.
Topic Starter
Vertius

Philantropist wrote:

The price difference between Ducky Shine 3 with QWERTZ layout and Corsair K70 with standard QWERTY is like 10 Euro (45zł in Poland) so which one is better deal? I heard that K70 has problem with dying leds and I couldn't really read anything about Ducky (mostly because its not popular at all in Poland). Is it worth it get the German layout and theoretically 'better' keyboard but with non standard layout ?
Vuelo Eluko

Vertius wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

The price difference between Ducky Shine 3 with QWERTZ layout and Corsair K70 with standard QWERTY is like 10 Euro (45zł in Poland) so which one is better deal? I heard that K70 has problem with dying leds and I couldn't really read anything about Ducky (mostly because its not popular at all in Poland). Is it worth it get the German layout and theoretically 'better' keyboard but with non standard layout ?
there should be info about it in english, you seem fluent enough or is polish internet restricted to polish sites?
Topic Starter
Vertius
@up
Nah, its not, but there are no sites like 'opinion about Ducky shine 3' and I don't really want to read anything at the Producer's site for obvious reasons. They'll never say anything wrong about thier product and because Ducky is not popular in Poland/Europe, so I can't really find any legit opinions about it.
Sorun
Buy whatever is cheap.
Noobsicle
any would be fine, just get the cheapest one

it'd be disappointing if the rgb leds died easily, since corsair + cherry designed them specifically to reduce chances of esd. my friend has a k70 rgb (1-2 months me thinks) and has no complaints so far

if money isn't an issue, get a k70 rgb or ducky. if you want to save money, get a quickfire tk

ducky is favored mostly because they have a wide variety of switches/led choices/super l33t sw@g liteshow effects, and also because their keyboards are standard ansi layout (or whatever they're called), meaning all key cap sets (abs/pbt/pom etc) are compatible with them so you can do crazy mod shit like this
poop

note how the bottom row (where the ctrl+windows+alt keys are) are differently sized to other keyboards you listed

also their quality is apparently very good

tl;dr you can't go wrong with any of the keyboards listed, flip a coin or something, save $$$
Vuelo Eluko

Vertius wrote:

@up
Nah, its not, but there are no sites like 'opinion about Ducky shine 3' and I don't really want to read anything at the Producer's site for obvious reasons. They'll never say anything wrong about thier product and because Ducky is not popular in Poland/Europe, so I can't really find any legit opinions about it.
so only opinions from poland and europe are legit? lol
cheezstik

Vertius wrote:

@up
https://www.google.com/search?q=ducky+keyboard+review
I see a lot of reviews and opinions on them that aren't from their own site. Ducky seems like a pretty good brand, and at the end of the day most common mechanical keyboards use the same type of switches (cherry mx) anyway so how badly could they really fuck up a keyboard?
deletemyaccount
What I was trying to say was that they are both good keyboards; Corsair and Ducky are reputable brands in manufacturing mechanical keyboards.

Either way, you'll be happy with which one your purchase.
pola[r]is
look at all reviews/unboxings and decide then
Dozy Van
Corsair Vengeance K70 (the one with RGB backlight and Cherry Red switches)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

but honestly I picked mine from reading reviews and watching unboxings. I use a k95 MX Red's.

Pick what you think looks good and you feel will work for your setup
Blueprint
Don't buy reds they are aids
ZenithPhantasm
Buy a blue switch and solder two red switches on it. Then you'll have a keyboard that is good for typing and good for osu.