forum

More places to download beatmap packs [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
varq
I don't know if this comes in Feature Requests, sorry if it doesn't.

My ISP really doesn't like mediafire, so if someone can also host them somewhere else I would really like that.
Yingwu

varq wrote:

My ISP really doesn't like mediafire, so if someone can also host them somewhere else I would really like that.
I know that there is a Torrent from 1 up to 167.
qlum

varq wrote:

upload them yourself?
Ivalset

varq wrote:

And where would you prefer them?
DeathxShinigami
I know for sure Gens has something in his reserve... Zshare I think...where he's been doing mirrors for packs. I'll try and bug him for the listings.
Gens
I do have a zshare account, and I did mirror some packs a while ago, but zshare changed, now you have to wait one minute before downloading (actually, don't know if it was always like that)... The thread is this one, look at the little "Mirror download" links.

I'd be more than happy to start uploading mirrors, just someone link me a good sharing site, since I don't know if I should use megaupload/rapidshare for this. I could do 2~5 mirrors every day.
ViviLuver_old
Gens
Actually, thanks to wikipedia I found this good site to host files. Unfortunately you need to register and all that fuzz. :P

It gives you 50GB for a free account, which should be pretty good. Also, download access is instantaneous, no need to write captchas or wait x seconds.

I could try to start uploading here but I guess I'll wait for some opinions first (I don't think mirrors are supported in the beatmap listing anyway).
Topic Starter
varq
I actually just canceled my last ISP and got FiOS, so I can't say this applies to me anymore... :x
Yingwu
I like the fact that they are on Mediafire because it has a fast download speed and no waiting time.

But a mirror wouldn't harm just in case Mediafire drops dead or something...
DeathxShinigami

Gens wrote:

Actually, thanks to wikipedia I found this good site to host files. Unfortunately you need to register and all that fuzz. :P

It gives you 50GB for a free account, which should be pretty good. Also, download access is instantaneous, no need to write captchas or wait x seconds.

I could try to start uploading here but I guess I'll wait for some opinions first (I don't think mirrors are supported in the beatmap listing anyway).
Last time I checked...we stay with one provider for the OFFICIAL LISTINGS I mean really if we add all the mirrors into the actual listing....Oh Gawd...

Adrive is pretty useful imo, it'll take awhile for 50gb to be used up. Just don't be an idiot and multi account on there.
anonymous_old

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Last time I checked...we stay with one provider for the OFFICIAL LISTINGS I mean really if we add all the mirrors into the actual listing....Oh Gawd...
There are several mirrors for most of the ranked beatmaps out there. It's just transparent and automatic.