forum

I'm considering buying a Pen Display.. 1 problem...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DCTwix
I am used to using my right hand to control the cursor, like everyone else.
Now I am afraid that when I buy the Wacom Pen Display tablet only pen I can't get used to it.
Reason: I am lefthanded, right-handed-mouse gamer...
When I normally draw, I draw with my left hand.
I am used to press "z" and "x" with my left hand.
I am scared that I can't learn to do it with the right hand instead, and it's gonna be way too complicated if I decide to use my left hand as a cursor, when switching from game to game. (swithing gear from the right side of the keyboard, to the left side etc. etc.... :P)

Do you think I can't use my right hand as a drawing hand (can I get used to it), or what is your thoughts exactly regarding my issue? own experiences? etc?

Please assist me !!! :D

Greetings, DCTwix
cheezstik
Even if you were right handed, you would still take some time to get used to a tablet anyway. Your choice of hands as a left handed person is up to you, you might feel more comfortable using your left hand as the pen hand, or your right, just try out both. I know several left handed people, some use it like a right handed person would, and some use their left hand to aim and right hand to click, it's mostly preference.
Vuelo Eluko
i use mouse with left hand while being right handed and i also switched, it was hard at first but i got used to it and am a better player for it

relearning to aim is the easy part, building up the speed/stamina/accuracy you had in your tapping hand on your other hand is the harder one
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

relearning to aim is the easy part, building up the speed/stamina/accuracy you had in your tapping hand on your other hand is the harder one
Yeah, I can confirm this, I switched from mouse only to tablet, and obviously had to start using my left hand to click since tap is a little harder than mouse only. Learning to aim with tablet took like a day or two, learning to use my left hand to click took me literally the next week to get back to where I was, and I was really shit when I did this change as well, so it's not like I had a lot to catch up on.
Qenomo
I think that you can use whatever hand you want and neither will limit you. The only thing that may limit you is how much you practice with that hand.