forum

Where to keep your eyes on

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erasome
I recently picked up T-aiko! on my phone... Seems pretty fun.

For the harder maps, the notes seem to fly by without really showing for many frames. If I stare at the drum on the left side, the notes get really blurry and start to look like doubles. If I constantly move my eyes with the notes to the left, they become clearer, but it's harder to concentrate like that.
Then I start getting dizzy.

Any suggestions? lol :?
Vuelo Eluko
keep playing and you'll figure out how to read it
Akitake

Erasome wrote:

For the harder maps, the notes seem to fly by without really showing for many frames. If I stare at the drum on the left side, the notes get really blurry and start to look like doubles. If I constantly move my eyes with the notes to the left, they become clearer, but it's harder to concentrate like that.

Exact same issue here, but I guess it's just going to take time in order to get used to it, I'm trying to switch from STD because I'm tired of it after a year.
If there's one thing I've learnt from STD, just play more, and it gets easier, as simple as that, and try to enjoy yourself and get faster or more accurate depending on what makes it fun for you at first. And then you can work out the part you didn't later.
black_arachnia

Erasome wrote:

Play with hidden on, it's easier on your eyes. I actually started playing exclusively with hidden recently because I like the challenge and it didn't burn my eyes to play taiko for hours, so now I can play for a really long time like I want.

Hidden is pretty challenging though, so that might be hard to start out. I still think it's worth a try if the blur starts to get to your eyes though.
Bara-
He's playing on mobile
That's a terrible app though
NoYzE
I would also recommend to just play more.
You'll figure it out for sure, especially since everyone is different so giving advice is hard.

I am looking at the drum if the bar is scrolling very slowly and i want to get extra accuracy and look somewhere ahead the drum if the speed is higher while how much ahead is dependent on how fast it is.
If it is a very long stream i sometimes jump with my eyes and separate the stream to groups, but that's intuitive.

In the end it is just practice like everything in osu.
With experience you just know when to hit the drum and you don't have to think about it.