forum

force proportions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sasakura
I realized there is this force proportions option in the wacom driver settings, what exactly is it? I've played with it unchecked, should I switch to checked?
AdamMZ
Force proportion makes the tablet area having as same shape as your monitor. When I was a tablet player, I played without force proportion on. Some people have their tablet area that has square shape.
Topic Starter
sasakura
i use full area
Rise_old_1
Then it doesn't really matter, only if you limit your tablet area you can choose to play with it... full area would feel same as force porportioned I think...
AdamMZ
^ No it's not.
I draw (with my tablet) with force proportion and it actually change the shape.
Ohrami
off
E m i
Hello.

Q: Are you using a 16:10 resolution?
If yes, then: irrelevant
If no, then: on
Green Platinum

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Hello.

Q: Are you using a 16:10 resolution?
If yes, then: irrelevant
If no, then: on
Wouldn't this entirely depend on sasakura's tablet
E m i
Q:

Green Platinum wrote:

Wouldn't this entirely depend on sasakura's tablet
A:

sasakura wrote:

wacom driver settings
though I don't know if all wacom tablets are 16:10 :?
Topic Starter
sasakura
its wacom ctl480:

monitor is 1920x1080 so 16:9 i think.. and it change when i choose force proportion
E m i

sasakura wrote:

its wacom ctl480:

monitor is 1920x1080 so 16:9 i think.. and it change when i choose force proportion
I recommend forcing proportions for reasons that are posted pretty much everywhere.
deletemyaccount
i honestly see no reason to not use force proportions if you have a 16:9 monitor, unless you use a special active area for osu!
Ohrami
players who use forced proportion off:
Cookiezi
rrtyui
me
other peeps
E m i

Kyou-kun wrote:

players who use forced proportion off:
Cookiezi
rrtyui
me
other peeps
requesting proof of both factuality and relevance 8-)
AdamMZ
Guys, you don't necessarily need to turn on force proportion. If you got used to a tablet area that doesn't have force proportion on, you can just keep playing. I didn't turn force proportion on and I was okay.
E m i

AdamMZ wrote:

Guys, you don't necessarily need to turn on force proportion. If you got used to a tablet area that doesn't have force proportion on, you can just keep playing. I didn't turn force proportion on and I was okay.
>be this guy
>encounter a jump angled at 45 degrees
>snap at an angle of 45 degrees
>miss
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

AdamMZ wrote:

>be this guy
>miss
are you trying to argue against force proportions? I think the point has already been made that it doesn't make a difference if you're not stupid enough to be using a 1x10cm active area.
YukinoDesuDesu

[ Momiji ] wrote:

AdamMZ wrote:

>be this guy
>miss
then solution = play more

on or off doesn't matter
E m i

B1rd wrote:

are you trying to argue against force proportions? I think the point has already been made that it doesn't make a difference if you're not stupid enough to be using a 1x10cm active area.
Who made this point?

Asiangodx2 wrote:

then solution = play more

on or off doesn't matter
Why practice dealing with a detrimentality just to bring it close to zero, but never quite reaching the point when it's not affecting your gameplay anymore, when you can simply force proportions, thus making the visual information you get from your screen sufficient? It's the mouse acceleration of tablets.
Of course, all is up to you ;)
Saphirshroom

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Why practice dealing with a detrimentality just to bring it close to zero, but never quite reaching the point when it's not affecting your gameplay anymore, when you can simply force proportions, thus making the visual information you get from your screen sufficient? It's the mouse acceleration of tablets.
Mouse acceleration and choice of tablet area are two completely different things, I don't even know why you'd bring up that comparison...
The reason mouse acceleration sucks is because it hinders the developing of your muscle memory whilst tablet area is just a matter of preference.

I don't think there exist any people who learn to play osu with a tablet by looking at their fingers and concentrate on making a perfect, 45° line and then miss a note because they didn't calculate distortion of their tablet area. You learn by looking at the notes of your screen and moving pen accordingly, not by concentrating on copying the angle. The brain just recognizes patterns and moves the fingers accordingly. If you have a different tablet area your fingers have to be moved differently.
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Who made this point?
people. you have no evidence that force proportions off has any detrimental effect on aim. meanwhile there's plenty of evidence that it has no effect. rrtyui is one of the players with the best aim in the game, and he has it off. I don't use it, and my aim is at least better than all my other skills.
buny
cookiezi has bad eyesight

time to stare at sun for few hours
Bauxe

buny wrote:

Holy shit. This must be how to get good.
buny

Bauxe wrote:

buny wrote:

Holy shit. This must be how to get good.
the secret is out
winber1
i'm blind but i'm still not good
Topic Starter
sasakura
proportion off then :)
based god lil b
i think it's this thing called "personal preference"
Yano
It's preference.

A few months ago I played with force proportions on. Meanwhile I play with force proportions off, because it feels better for me.

rrtyui is also one of the players, who play without force proportions (on).