forum

[Web] Tournament Creating Tool

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +289
Topic Starter
xasuma
Hi there,
I didn't see anything like this while searching for it, so here it goes:

My idea is to replace the tournament tournament sub-forum for a built into the website page that will arrange/create tournaments when you set them up.
Goals for this:
- Whenever you entered the tournament section you could see a list of all tournaments happening and coming ordered by date.
- You can see their information and sign up for each one of them with a simple click.
- You can create a tournament on the spot, select a cap of people, a time limit to join, a name for it, a game mode, a password if wanted, a check in time before the tourney starts, and it will create and fill the bracket automatically.

Needs:
-This would have to be made pretty and intuitive.
- Private chats will have to be out by then (to create a tournament chat, so everyone could go there to find opponents, etc)
- Not necesary, but it would go well with osu! Teams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will promote competition within osu!
This should be way better than the tournament sub forum (where most of us rarely know there is a tournament going on unless you are Really looking for it)

p.s.: Along this, make the streaming software available to the public (maybe supporter only) for content creation (I am talking about the one used for owc, where you can see all player's screens). So people could host tournaments, and stream them or what not.

Comments? :shock:
Unsafeman121
I think this would be a brilliant feature. The current tournament forum seems a little disjointed and unused a lot of the time, mostly due to the lack of organisation in my opinion ~ it just seems messy.

It would be great to try and get a little bit more competition into osu and possibly make tournament style things more accessible to player in terms of both setting one up and registering for them.

The only other thing I would say is to somehow prevent someone from entering every single tournament ~ because otherwise it might just end up getting clogged with the same person taking up space in all of the tournaments, limiting others who aren't in any from participating ~ maybe some form of restriction on how many they can be signed up to simultaneously or something?
Doomsday is Bad
New websites with clans coming out soon, so that could be handy or make this idea easy

xasuma wrote:

p.s.: Along this, make the streaming software available to the public (maybe supporter only) for content creation (I am talking about the one used for owc, where you can see all player's screens). So people could host tournaments, and stream them or what not.
Tourney client is technically available to anyone. You have to 1, run a tourney, message the correct person the start and end dates and you'll have access! OWC uses private servers that cannot be run all the time, so yeah. (Check osu! UK cup, I streamed the 3rd and soon to be 4th)

But I agree with the aspect of,

xasuma wrote:

- Whenever you entered the tournament section you could see a list of all tournaments happening and coming ordered by date.
- You can see their information and sign up for each one of them with a simple click.
- You can create a tournament on the spot, select a cap of people, a time limit to join, a name for it, a game mode, a password if wanted, a check in time before the tourney starts, and it will create and fill the bracket automatically.
waddlesticks
A great way to go with this is how the site GameJolt has set up it's jams

Here's a link that shows it all.
http://jams.gamejolt.com/

A link to current jams (Shows how the calendar is set up. "Active, Future and Past Jams")
http://jams.gamejolt.com/browse/active
Sea_Food
How about use one of the 10000 sites that support tournament bracket creation and management and use a custom irc/skype channel?
Br00tal
I'd love to see this coming live to both client and forum wise.
Always wanted to shoutcast a tournament and when this is on the way (hopefully) i'd love to take the chance and shoutcast tournaments if needed :D
Topic Starter
xasuma

Sea_Food wrote:

How about use one of the 10000 sites that support tournament bracket creation and management and use a custom irc/skype channel?
It's better when its right here. And specifically made for this game.
On site = More awareness within players
On site = More customizable for osu specifically
Chirimu-Chan
The tournament client could be aviable to everyone, but to make this as a Supporter-only feature is not that easy, because you have to change many things serverside. Also its not THAT stable, because its only used by devs and streamers choosen by ppy.
Nyxa

Sea_Food wrote:

How about doing something really inefficient, annoying and complicated because I don't want others to have nice things?

Also so much yes for this idea
The tool should also support creating brackets and stuff so you can click on an ongoing tournament and watch who won/lost and which match will happen when
Also releasing the multiclient streaming software would be so awesome.

If this idea gets implemented along with Teams and private channels I think osu! will become a much more enjoyable and fun game to play, and it could change from being a massive shambling mass of people who are constantly arguing about crap to several smaller groups of people who can get along with each other well

All of my support
Necturion
Would be great, actually a friend of mine started a private tournament around a week ago lol. Would've come in handy