forum

[invalid] OWC YouTube Channel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Melonnade
Hello,

I suggest uploading every OWC match to a YouTube channel. It would be handy for those who don't want to get up in the middle of the night to watch the stream.

Thanks
Mao
Can't you just watch older records of the Streams on Twitch? That's what I did o:
Topic Starter
Melonnade

Mao wrote:

Can't you just watch older records of the Streams on Twitch? That's what I did o:
Oh, I didn't know they did it for this one. I was suggesting it for every tournament played.
TechnoBuffalos
Also, Twitch no longer saves broadcasts permanently. They will eventually be deleted to my knowledge. If OBS is used to stream, it is easy for broadcasters to record broadcast as a .MP4.
CSLM

Mao wrote:

lol 1000th post, gratz mao-kun :3
buny
I asked about this on OWC thread and got this as a response

Loctav wrote:

We have them all locally stored (the past ones and in future also the new ones) and will see if we can upload it somewhere.

I'd assume it's just a matter of finding the time to do it
xasuma
Is it okay for someone to re upload them and organize them on YouTube? If so, I ve been thinking of doing it for a while. I've seen previous years owc's so should be okay. I just want confirmation since it will be a lot of work.
Yukiteru Amano
I like the idea of a YT-channel because past broadcasts doesn't last forever :s having an Youtube-channel can help documenting :)
Marcin

buny wrote:

I asked about this on OWC thread and got this as a response

Loctav wrote:

We have them all locally stored (the past ones and in future also the new ones) and will see if we can upload it somewhere.

I'd assume it's just a matter of finding the time to do it
To be exact
matter of processing 100gb of videos that are split in 30 minute sections each (not to mention they're saved as flv)

got time?

yeah, me neither.
fartownik

Marcin wrote:

To be exact
matter of processing 100gb of videos that are split in 30 minute sections each (not to mention they're saved as flv)

got time?

yeah, me neither.

xasuma wrote:

Is it okay for someone to re upload them and organize them on YouTube? If so, I ve been thinking of doing it for a while. I've seen previous years owc's so should be okay. I just want confirmation since it will be a lot of work.
There, you have a volunteer if I'm reading correctly. Torrent it to him and you're done.
xasuma
I ll do it and post it in my channel. Won't be official though but whatever.. I don't see anyone else raising their hand. And I think I can do it pretty fast.

I ll make one video for each separate match (i ll edit them to not show the downtime as well) , and I will divide them into group stage, ro16, quarterfinals, etc.
I expect to have group stage uploaded by the weekend. I ll do it as I have time, but I ll try to keep up 1 week behind the owc at least.
Pawsu
would also be trouble with copyright, what if one song is on there that has to get removed? instant mute for the whole thing
deadbeat
i don't really see this as a feature request. you could talk to the tournament staff about arranging something. judging from the image buny posted, sounds like it could be done, but it'll take a lot of work :(
Bauxe
I already do all the Aus matches. And random people do big matches (korea and such).

ez
xasuma
I just wanted to leave this out here.

As of now I have all group stage matches on YouTube, I ll have Ro16 done by tomorrow night.
(I had to mute a few songs because of claims, and I cut the videos so you have to see as little no-talk-just-music-between-games-time , but I left >90% of the commentary, since I feel its part of OWC even though there might be no gameplay in some spots, at least the commentators are talking ^^ )
Link in my signature .

You are welcome
Topic Starter
Melonnade

xasuma wrote:

I just wanted to leave this out here.

As of now I have all group stage matches on YouTube, I ll have Ro16 done by tomorrow night.
(I had to mute a few songs because of claims, and I cut the videos so you have to see as little no-talk-just-music-between-games-time , but I left >90% of the commentary, since I feel its part of OWC even though there might be no gameplay in some spots, at least the commentators are talking ^^ )
Link in my signature .

You are welcome
This is great! Thanks.