forum

Taiko no Tatsujin discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
Since I couldn't find one anywhere, and the Taiko mod on osu! doesn't really count, might as well make a thread about it.

So, what games in the series have you played, and what arcade versions have you tried out?

For me, I've played Portable 2, both the first and second DS, and both Wii versions. I've also played arcade 10, 11 (japanese + asian), and 12 (regular).

And for all you hardcore fans out there, what are your favorite songs? Do you play Oni mode with mods on, and have you fought all the bosses on DS2 and Wii2 on super-spicy difficulty? Can you FC many Oni songs? FC with all "Perfect" hits? What control schemes do you use?

And finally, can you pass all 4 "God songs" on Oni? (Kita2000, Hataraku, Rotter Ura, Ryougen)

(Teehee, I just love to ask questions. :P )

Personally I can pass every single song on Oni, but fail at FCing them, let alone all "Perfect" hits. :(

But playing songs with the Doron mod is fun and challenging. :D

Favorite songs are (in no particular order):
Hikari no Kanata e (long)
Hole in the Wall
Family Dondon
Surf Side Satie
Angel Dream
Kaze no Fantasy
Hataraku 2000
Rotter Tarmination
Shin Garyou Tensei
Haikei, Gakkou ni te... (long)
Senpuu no Mai (both AC and CS)
Yawaraka Sensha

And classic controller FTW.

And about unlocking songs in Taiko 13, is there actually a known way to unlock Mint Tears? I heard you have to FC Total Eclipse 2035 with 3 or under "Okay" hits, but that's too hard on Oni for most of us.

*hopes for Hikari as unlockable in Taiko 13*

Anyways, feel free to discuss anything about Taiko no Tatsujin! :D

------------

And now, something to actually discuss about.

Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I want to make my own Taiko Wii3 songlist. However, I shall only be using songs with ura maps, songs that are on arcade but not in console, new songs, and some songs that I shall pick that should be revived. I shall still not include C-Pop songs from Taiko 11 and 12 Asian ver., however, because they deserve their own "Asian Special".

And perhaps songs with 2P maps should be included as it was not in Wii2.

Anyways, on to the list! (I start with Namco Originals first because they pwn.)
Oh and there has to be 70 songs total, just like the rest.
SPOILER
Namco Originals
*new Taiko Wii3 theme song here*
蛻変~transformation~ (Zeihen) Regular + Ura
太鼓の達人・愛のテーマ (Taiko no Tatsujin - Theme of love)
めたるぽりす (Metal Police)
旋風ノ舞 (Senpuu no Mai) Ac ver.
拝啓、学校にて… (Haikei, Gakkou ni te...) Regular + Ura
響け!太鼓の達人 (Hibike!Taiko no Tatsujin) Regular + Ura
リンダは今日も絶好調
トータル・エクリプス 2035~少女の時空皆既日食~ (Total Eclipse 2035)
常闇の森 序章 「邪神復活の夜」
はたラク2000 (Hataraku 2000)
きたさいたま200 (Kitasaitama 200)
夢色コースター (Yumeiro Coaster)
Many wow bang! Regular + Ura
ドドドドドンだフル!(Dododododon-daful!)
mint tears
わすれなぐさ (Wasurenagusa)
太鼓乱舞 皆伝 (Taiko Ranbu - Combined)
ヒカリノカナタヘ (Hikari no Kanata e) Regular + Long version...?

Game Musics
Urban Fragments
キラメキラリ (Kirame Kirari)
Shooting Star
モンスターハンターメドレー (Monster Hunter Medley)
Splendor
大打音 (Ordyne)
DADDY MULK
PENETRATION
スタートリゴンのテーマ (Star Drigon Theme)
塊オンザウィングス
名乗り(天上)

Variety
やわらか戦車 (Yawaraka Sensha) Regular + Ura
ピラメキたいそう 太鼓の達人バージョン (Pirameki Taisou - Taiko no Tatsujin ver.)
ウッーウッーウマウマ(゜∀゜) (Caramelldansen - Speedycake Remix)

Classic
幻想即興曲 (Fantasia Impromptu)
熊蜂の飛行 (Flight of the Bumblebee)
サーフサイド・サティ (Surf Side Satie)
ラプソディー・イン・ブルー (Rhapsody in Blue)
交響曲第7番から ベートーベン (Beethoven's 7th Symphony)
クラシックメドレー(ウェディング編) (Classic Medley Wedding Ver.)
エンターテイナー (Entertainer)
おもちゃの兵隊の行進 (Omocha Soldiers March)

Folk
もりのくまさん (Mori no Kumasan) Regular + Ura
いぬのおまわりさん
ジングルベル第765番 (Jingle Bells 765 Mix)

J-Pop
Punishment
メルト (Melt)
LOVE 2000
O2
DANCE2 feat.ソイソース (Dance2 feat. Soy Sauce)
EZ DO DANCE

Anime
Tank! Regular + Ura
止マレ!(Tomare!)
残酷な天使のテーゼ (Cruel Angel's Thesis) Regular + Ura
ハレ晴レユカイ (Hare Hare Yukai)
(This list is under construction right now. I can really only think of Namco Originals and Game Musics atm.)
aquabluu
1. I played arcades 8, 10 and 12.5
2. I own every game from Taiko DS1 onwards
3. I play Oni regular and beaten all the bosses on Geki-Kara :)
4. I FC many Oni songs, but all 'Perfect' is out of my league :P My control scheme is Wiimote on side.
5. I passed 3 of them, but unable to play Hataraku outside of osu! so I can't tell if I'm able to do it yet.

Mint Tears should be revealed at the Taiko Tourney finals tomorrow.
MMzz
As for me the only Taiko I own is DS2, and I have almost FCed all the songs on oni, I have 6 oe 7 left.

For the "god songs" I have FCed Kita2000 Multiple Times, passed Rotter with around 9 misses, and passed ryougen with about 8, but hatakaru is just, uhmmmmm yeah. >_>

My favs have to be (in order)

distance (oni)
Tank! (Ura)
Hole in the wall (oni)
Angel Dream (Ura)
STAGE 0 .ac11 (oni)
Akuugan Yuuei ac12.5 (oni)
Naked Glow (oni)
AND
The ABC song :3333

Also I have always had this question about STAGE 0 .ac11.
Is it a song on Pokemon Battle Revolution? Sounds like it is.
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap

aquabluu wrote:

5. I passed 3 of them, but unable to play Hataraku outside of osu! so I can't tell if I'm able to do it yet.
Hataraku 2000 on Owata

The only difference is that the "potato note" is replaced with the "balloon note". Still, exactly the same, 30 hits on it.

----

And to prove that I actually passed 2 of the songs:
Ryougen no Mai
Rotter Tarmination (Ura)

Yeah... told ya I only know how to pass them. :(

And I hope there's Ura for Kaze no Fantasy, Carnivorous Carnival, Zeihen, and Hikari soon.

And Stage 0 sounds nothing like Pokemon Battle. :?

Ahh, I want a new Wii version... >:(
Zekira
Hataraku is the ONLY thing I can't pass atm.

FC'd Ryougen and Rotter, ALMOST FC'd Kita.

I haven't FC'd Angel Dream yet though :X 2 misses >_<

EDIT: The Hataraku on owatatsujin is even worse timed than arken's >_< but at least the non-osu! mechanics means you can pretty much pass it by mashing :>
arien666

Zekira wrote:

Hataraku is the ONLY thing I can't pass atm.

FC'd Ryougen and Rotter, ALMOST FC'd Kita.

I haven't FC'd Angel Dream yet though :X 2 misses >_<

EDIT: The Hataraku on owatatsujin is even worse timed than arken's >_< but at least the non-osu! mechanics means you can pretty much pass it by mashing :>
Hataraku...
OMG, you are so pro XD
Zekira
I'm serious; I used mashing on the 320BPM part in the owata, and I pretty much passed with Noruma Max loooooool
LittleMagic_old
well, i passed all of the god songs (Hataraku only in osu, arken's ver). The best song, which i have less miss it at the moment Kitasaitama2000 with like 30 miss (Wii). xD

Well, i Have both Taiko DS (taiko DS2 only EkiBEN2000 left to FC, then i REALLY Finsihed the game), Both Wii Version and Taiko Portable 2. Instead of Portable to, i passed/fc'ed every Song since yet. So ... xD

My favorite Song ... hmm...:
Hakuchou no Mizuumi ~still a duckling~ (XD not fced on the PSP version, FCed on the 2.nd Wii version)
Taberuna 2000
Hayasaitama 2000 (yuck, 1 miss o_O)
Motteke Sera Fuku
Do-Dai
i Want
Bambini

uhm ... i don't know more songs xD" Yeah whatever ...

P.S. i've already postet a screen of hataraku in osu, which i have passed, here i show it again :o

actually i whish i can play Hatsune Miku songs on the console because i don't even be able to play on the acrade -.-"
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
@ Zekira: Lol, that's exactly what I did as well. And I passed with like 650k points. XD

Here's another one, hopefully this one is better timed.

And I FC'ed Angel Dream on my first try, but Ura version I can only get to like 780 combo before missing. (The speed-up part.)

And you can FC Ryougen, Rotter Ura, and Mitten can FC Kita multiple times? O.O"
I have no problem with passing the first two (it's really only stamina drain that makes me fail), but Kita is just absolute hell for me. >.<

In fact, I'm going to arrange the 4 god songs in order from hardest to easiest:
1. Kita2000
2. Ryougen
3. Hataraku
4. Rotter Ura

What do you guys think? :3
Zekira
No

1.) Hataraku
2.) Ryougen
3.) Rotter
4.) Kita

Kita's easier than Rotter; my hands just aren't fast enough to FC it.
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
Some recent discover on the taiko maps thread:
some weird one-eyed character on taiko 13

O.o"
Malajax
Let's see... I own both Taiko on DS (please make another, Namco!), the lone American release: Taiko Drum Master, and have "access" to Taiko PS2 1-6 and both anime editions. Taiko arcade in America: lol, one day. My favorite songs include the following:

Sakuranbo
Ikenai Taiyou
Ware Wa Muteki no Dokon Dan
Ginga Tetsudo 999 (movie theme)
Kiramekirai
Angel Dream

I can FC most songs up to level 8, though my timing is pretty off lol. I can just pass most everything else. I like using the tatacon actually. Too bad the compatibility with osu! is pretty crap. I've been sticking with keyboard mostly and I'm way better at keyboard than tatacon lol. The DS touch screen controls translate to osu! pretty well too. Maybe one day I should use my ps2 controllers...

I'm pretty terrible in that I can't come close to passing any of the "god" songs you list. I fail at irregular patterns and speed ups.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

No

1.) Hataraku
2.) Ryougen
3.) Rotter
4.) Kita

Kita's easier than Rotter; my hands just aren't fast enough to FC it.
I thought Kita was the hardest song? O___o

Oh and Zekira here is a tip for that dkkdkkdddkddd.
I think you have the same play style as me (mainly useing the right side)
Do the dkkdkk like your doing two very fast dkk then quickly swtch to the dddkddd and hit it normally. How I did it :x

And Ryougen is way easier than Rotter.

Malajax wrote:

Taiko arcade in America: lol, one day
Remember I told you of the Taiko arcade at disney world?
Malajax

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Malajax wrote:

Taiko arcade in America: lol, one day
Remember I told you of the Taiko arcade at disney world?
Yeah I remember... as in one day I'll go and play it. And maybe some arcade will go crazy and import one. One day...
MMzz
Wanna get a bank loan and open an arcade? =DDDDD
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
Here's something else to discuss: What songs do you believe that have messed up star ratings? (Too low, too high)

Personally, here's what I think: (Green is a raise, and red is a drop)

Fuun Shishi - ★×9
Many Wow Bang! - ★×8
Kikyoku ~seasons of asia~ - ★×6
Zeihen ~transformation~ - ★×6
Classic Medley (Rock ver.) - ★×9
Mori no Kumasan (Ura) - ★×10
Hibike! Taiko no Tatsujin - ★×8
Ordyne - ★×10
Yozakura Shanikusai - ★×9
Don. Angus Flute - ★×9
Chikuzei ~gear up~ - ★×7
Hakuchou no Mizuumi ~still a duckling~ - ★×8

And I was gonna consider Hikari no Kanata e to ★×9, but then I remembered the dkkdkkdk section... >:(
Malajax

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Wanna get a bank loan and open an arcade? =DDDDD
I'll get back to ya in 5 years lol.
Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Ah, I must've been mistaken, but this is correct: Ryougen is way easier than Rotter, but Ryougen is by no means easier to FC.

I must admit I found Rotter way easier though; after a few runs, I was actually able to read the x4 section through sight. Yes I read it through sight memorization. If you inspect closely, Rotter is 8BPM lower than Rotter, and is only as fast as Saitama, which is a pretty slow BPM (IMO). Furthermore, all the patterns are usually those of the 3-5-7-9 natured-type, which means they're pretty readable. Compare it to Ryougen, who has that kiai that can potentially drain all your HP bar if you haven't learned how to read patterns with really dynamic hand switching and even-numbered notes. IMO that alone constitutes difficulty in passing it, whereas Rotter has way fewer of those x2 and x4 notes than Ryougen's Kiai.

...on a side note I destroyed Frionel's WiiTaTaCon playing Rotter.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

If you inspect closely, Rotter is 8BPM lower than Rotter
lol >.>

I still need to learn that last roll in rotter, the very end one with like 15 Kas' at the end. Post it here? o.o

Malajax wrote:

Why 5 years? D:
LittleMagic_old
@Mitten
if i'm not wrong, it's dkkdkdkd... at least just kkkk.

btw hataraku ... did i really watch correct, or is it always changing the side which u have to hit for a clearly play (at the dddddkkkk or what ever it was *yuck*)
Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

I still need to learn that last roll in rotter, the very end one with like 15 Kas' at the end. Post it here? o.o
ddddkkkkddddkkkkdkdkdddkdkdkdddkdkkkdkdkdkkkdkdkdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

●○●○/●●●○/●○●○/●●●○/●○○○/●○●○/●○○○/●○●○/●○○○○○○○○○○○○○

First Hand: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● │● ○ ● ● ● ○ ● ● ● ○ ○ ○
Second Hand: ○ ○ ● ○ ○ ○ ● ○│ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap

Zekira wrote:

Yes I read it through sight memorization.
I was able to read it too, but using a different method.

Remember the Rotter Ura video that I posted earlier? Well, I put it on slow-motion so I can read those notes. :P

(Except I still can't perform it right on my classic controller. :( )
Malajax

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Malajax wrote:

Why 5 years? D:
Life lol. Just barely turned 21 and have yet to really start college. If all else fails in 5 years, why not open an arcade lol.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

ddddkkkkddddkkkkdkdkdddkdkdkdddkdkkkdkdkdkkkdkdkdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

●○●○/●●●○/●○●○/●●●○/●○○○/●○●○/●○○○/●○●○/●○○○○○○○○○○○○○

First Hand: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● │● ○ ● ● ● ○ ● ● ● ○ ○ ○
Second Hand: ○ ○ ● ○ ○ ○ ● ○│ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
OMG THATS SO EASY D:!
I'm gonna FC when I get home.
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
MOAR Taiko news! :)

http://taikoblog.namco-ch.net/blog/2010 ... t_147.html

It announces how to unlock Yumeiro Coaster, Zeihen ~transformation~ (both regular and ura), and, although not announced, an ura map for a particular song?

I'm guessing it's for Kaze no Fantasy or something else.
MMzz

Propeller_Cap wrote:

It announces how to unlock Yumeiro Coaster, Zeihen ~transformation~ (both regular and ura), and, although not announced, an ura map for a particular song?

Ura KitaSaitama2000 plzzzzzzz :33
mekadon_old
I'll kill every oni players in the world if some one FCd kitasaitama2000 ura...
Zekira
We can't say for sure if that Ura's going to be as Ura as it can get. IMO there are some maps that actually look more justified in the Inner Onis...

...but in terms of FCing stuff, I wonder how they'll break the border of impossibility they put on Ryougen (not that it's impossible, as obviously a lot of people broke that) and heighten it up more. Maybe make like, a 270BPM map with Ryougen patterns this time...
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

We can't say for sure if that Ura's going to be as Ura as it can get. IMO there are some maps that actually look more justified in the Inner Onis...

...but in terms of FCing stuff, I wonder how they'll break the border of impossibility they put on Ryougen (not that it's impossible, as obviously a lot of people broke that) and heighten it up more. Maybe make like, a 270BPM map with Ryougen patterns this time...
Oh god, you're crazy.

and:

I Fianlly FCed all of Taiko Ds2 on Oni! YEEEEYY FOR ME

Nothing happens when you do it.
No cutscene or anything
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap

MittenMasterzz wrote:

No cutscene or anything
Shouldn't you get a gold taiko skin for getting all 200 gold crowns?
arien666

Propeller_Cap wrote:

Zeihen...
Ura is easier than regular imo orz...
Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Oh god, you're crazy.

and:

No cutscene or anything
Have you done the reborn bosses challenge? Try FCing those next. If you don't know about it yet: Basically go back to the bosses on Hard Adventure, but notice how their songs are now Oni instead of Muzukashii.

I'm not sure what triggers it. I just found out that the bosses suddenly turned Oni, so I tried it.

The battle with Dorabot is a bit sadistic though; the HP Drain is insanely high, and the HS is evil enough to keep changing.

I still have to FC Gigadon Reborn on that (which I don't think I can do even after a long while... this is just too insane). If all else fails I'll memorize Yami no Tamashii first...
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Oh god, you're crazy.

and:

No cutscene or anything
Have you done the reborn bosses challenge? Try FCing those next. If you don't know about it yet: Basically go back to the bosses on Hard Adventure, but notice how their songs are now Oni instead of Muzukashii.

I'm not sure what triggers it. I just found out that the bosses suddenly turned Oni, so I tried it.

The battle with Dorabot is a bit sadistic though; the HP Drain is insanely high, and the HS is evil enough to keep changing.

I still have to FC Gigadon Reborn on that (which I don't think I can do even after a long while... this is just too insane). If all else fails I'll memorize Yami no Tamashii first...
Yami no Tamashii took me 5min of practice to FC

and witch one is Gigadon reborn?

Also, I don't have all 200 gold crowns, only all gold on oni.
Zekira
Gigadon is the final boss, the one that possessed Dokon. You might want to realize how annoying it is to play Yami no Tamashii on Oni with that stupid snake blocking 80% of your view...
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

Gigadon is the final boss, the one that possessed Dokon. You might want to realize how annoying it is to play Yami no Tamashii on Oni with that stupid snake blocking 80% of your view...
Yeah I tried and it's pretty fucked up

I beat the one on mech island after like 2 tries.

and the one on the aqua island is just. D:
He blocks 90% of the screen.

and then the one on the Cupcake place, at the end of the song there is the dddkdddkdddk and a bomb every 3 notes, plus the screen block Q.Q......
Zekira
Aqua Island... you mean Nyanki, I assume (song is Warera)? IMO the only problem here is that the sadistic placements of bombs in the 1/4 streams along with that HS1.5.

And on the cupcake island... song is Go Go Kicchin!, right? Yeah, I can never forget that dddkdddkdddkdddk lolpart. The bombs on those are crazy! >_>

Actually, if you want the least annoying, go finish Taiko Island and Volcano Island first; I think those are the most forgiving. (except of course if you hate HS0.5, then Botan will pretty much kill you on her first attack)
Zekira
Best Rotter score so far:

Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap

arken1015 wrote:

Zeihen...
Ura is easier than regular imo orz...
Nah... for me, regular is too easy to be a 7-star.

And I've only bothered to beat the first 4 bosses on Oni on the DS version. As a result, I got a tiny Don sitting on top of my Don character as a costume.

And how about Wii bosses? Arumi on super-spicy difficulty (imo) is easily the hardest out of all of them. Stupid long strings with so many bombs attached to them (dkkdkkdk 2x speed ftw?), second-most annoying distraction (Dr. Waruru's bombs are easily the worst), and the notes hardly do any damage at all...

And not to mention it's Hikari no Kanata e's LONG version... >:(

(Speaking of which, why isn't the long version playable on regular mode, and chose the regular version?)
aquabluu
Arumi on Geki-kara is fine. Waruru was harder, and the map is almost completely different from regular Oni!
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap

aquabluu wrote:

Arumi on Geki-kara is fine. Waruru was harder, and the map is almost completely different from regular Oni!
Not exactly. The boss beatmap still has the basic things that the regular beatmap has. Not to mention the notes do quite a bit of damage to Dr. Waruru.

Once you get past all those distractions, you shouldn't do too bad on those. Practice makes perfect!

Oh and how is this for a Soroban 2000 score? (Gotta work on the final 250 BPM go-go notes, lawl. :o )

Zekira
After the timing's been fixed and now submitted...

I finally freaking passed it...

EDIT: Why do I keep getting 69 misses

LittleMagic_old
hm, overwork is not really hard XD
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
Taiko News- Senpuu no Mai

Heh, I bet the next set of unlockables shall be Mint Tears, either Hikari or Obsession Latino, and another ura map (Kaze no Fantasy plz).

Oh and:
Punishment

Mint Tears

Both scores are from first time trying. :D

MMzz
Why can't I beat you Zekira X3

Zekira
@Mittenz: Uh, because I played [Taiko Oni] and not [OVERWORK] ?

I should probably change the music filename so that people will be forced to re-download :>
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
For some reason I can FC this on my first try... except that the beatmap keeps changing to Kurouto for some reason. >_>

LittleMagic_old
help...? I'm bored :/
Topic Starter
Propeller_Cap
Well, I can't really post anything interesting in until new Taiko news come in.

EDIT: Moved list to OP.
Zekira
IWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOWIWILLKILLYOUYOUNGDOW

kvnyaoi
Feels good man
show more