forum

Help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
1.I have managed to get the game loaded but i cant log in
2.my updater doesnt work
3.i am using windows xp sp 2 5.1.2600 Build 2600 and NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT and i have the windows netframe(?) 2.0 and even 3.5
4.in response to 3. i received this log everytime i run the updater

An error occurred retrieving the latest update information:
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at osu.Online.StringNetRequest.Perform()
at osu.Online.NetManager.PerformRequest(Object _threadCtx)

Edited to put this log
peppy
- Are you using a proxy server to access the internet?
- Do you have a firewall enabled and if so, have you allowed osume access outside of it?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Er how do u know if u are using a proxy server lol? i am using a router though does that counts >.<?
i have allowed osu to have access outside my firewall (avast) but it seems that it still not working :/
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
eyup
lol James I think you misinterpreted him :D
peppy
I'd say its probably your firewall still blocking osu... The error message says that all your connections to the server are timing out.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
okay so i have only 2 firewall on :/ windows and avast only. i switched both off and still could not update it :/
the errorlog
---------------------------

An error occurred retrieving the latest update information:
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at osu.Online.StringNetRequest.Perform()

at osu.Online.NetManager.PerformRequest(Object _threadCtx)
OK
[deleted user]
Weird, i have a different problem. When i try to run osu, there is a error. I know i don't have firewall or Proxyies, and it's completely different. It's something saying that the target has been thrown off by exception. What?!
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

- Are you using a proxy server to access the internet?
- Do you have a firewall enabled and if so, have you allowed osume access outside of it?
None of those. it just happens. I only have NONE firewall, but I don't use proxies.
Saturos

Suuushi wrote:

When i try to run osu, there is a error.
Posting the error would help. Especially since it's a completely different one from the ones mentioned in the thread already.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
what about my problem? Is there no solution?
Echo
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
The error means that the connection to the osu server was "cut" by something. This most likely means that a firewall, proxy, or any other intermediary you're using, either with your knowledge or without, is cutting the connection. Even if this is not the case (which is very unlikely), it would be something at your end, since no one else is having any problems.

If all else fails, there are links to the files lying around in the bug forum somewhere, but if you can't fix this problem then you won't be able to get online ranking/chat.
peppy
I went through a similar error with someone yesterday and found the problem was either firewall or router issues. I'm still unsure as to why it happened at a ROUTER level, because the packet communication looks exactly like how a web browser would request it... but unfortunately this does still happen on some network setups. I will look at changing the network code asap, but for now you can grab the game files (with no online support) from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2389