forum

[invalid] Osu!Direct panel for non-supporters

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
show more
xasuma
The download limit is gone.
Cutting edge doesn't need supported anymore.
Everyone gets /np

Yeah.. I would agree with the previous comment.
- Marco -
Yup, it's useful :)
Eden333
it would be nice but i think it's not a good idea
because you should pay for such a good feature!
and Osu is a good game for free
and it's not too much to pay a bit for a good game
Gumpy
Why would I pay for the game then?
- Marco -

Gumpyyy wrote:

Why would I pay for the game then?
To download ingame
Topic Starter
Bara-
The only thing it does, is when you click on a link, the panel shows up with data, and a link to the beatmap download page and to the beatmap forum
That's it
Gumpy
That adds and extra click to the process of downloading.
Topic Starter
Bara-
But I want to know if it's worth to dl it
For example a bland link gets posted in chat, I click it, and I go to the page
I want to know what map it is, and then choose if I will dl it or not
buny

baraatje123 wrote:

But I want to know if it's worth to dl it
For example a bland link gets posted in chat, I click it, and I go to the page
I want to know what map it is, and then choose if I will dl it or not
then get supporter, lol

non-supporter you need to go to the site to view the map, whereas direct allows you to view minor details in-client. This is a feature of being a supporter.
Angel-Nyan
You have to think you wouldn't get any benefits in game of osu!direct wasn't for supporters. It turns a lot of people away if they can be like I don't need to donate for that shit. It wouldn't make any sense to make it free. It's just a nice thing to have it's not game changing or anything.
Unsafeman121
OsuDirect is probably the primary feature people donate for (other than to simply support the game) ~ If you start to give access to the efficiency features to non-supporters then the only thing you would really get out of donating is what? ~ The editable profile section? (though you'd only have to donate once), editable menu background?, the small heart in the corner of the osu window?

I appreciate that it might be more convenient for people not to have to go to the page to see that map (even if they can't download it ingame) , but the improved convenience is exactly why it's a paid feature.....
Topic Starter
Bara-
Again
WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS REQUEST?
I request to show the map first, when clicking on a map link instead of immediately going to the page
It actually is nothing like the supporter version, as the only thing it shows is what map it is, plus a link to the map
Deimos
Looks like that "we" don't need it. *giggles*
Topic Starter
Bara-
Also
The people who complain are supporters
I bet, that if they were not a supporter, they would agree, right?
Deimos
Why would they disagree? They are the only one who would benefit of it obviously.

Take the time to search it on the website, doesn't take soo long or buy supporter, I mean, 4$ isn't that much to save some time.
Unsafeman121
The reason supporters are complaining is because we're already paying, and willing to continue paying, for the feature ~ and honestly, it's reasonably priced:

Deimos wrote:

4$ isn't that much to save some time
:P

Baraatje ~ looking at your profile, you've already had supporter before ~ surely you would agree that the amount of efficiency you get relative to the amount of money you pay is nicely balanced? :)
Faishal Akbar

Unsafeman121 wrote:

The reason supporters are complaining is because we're already paying, and willing to continue paying, for the feature ~ and honestly, it's reasonably priced:

Deimos wrote:

4$ isn't that much to save some time
:P

Baraatje ~ looking at your profile, you've already had supporter before ~ surely you would agree that the amount of efficiency you get relative to the amount of money you pay is nicely balanced? :)
^agree with this. btw, by donating to osu! you're helping peppy to buy a coffee to let him awake all night to fixing the osu!.

but, you can use osu!map me up to download map as osu!direct does (but must put the link manually to the textbox) , but as alternative, you can try osu!grab (yep it's beta)
Unsafeman121

Faishal Akbar wrote:

by donating to osu! you're helping peppy to buy a coffee to let him awake all night to fixing the osu!
With the amount of playtime I have in this game, peppy can have all my money :P
deadbeat
i'm pretty sure 2 different arguments are going on here >_>
anyway, it's fine as it is i think. no need to change
gadrin
How else are you going to encourage people to buy the supporter and help osu! develop? It's not like most people are generous enough to just give money away for nothing :p
VoidGod
Osu! need a osu!direct for non-supporter

Good! Idea!
Topic Starter
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads, though this is something I still find proper to have added. I can see why it got denied, but that's because most arguments got moved around incorrectly, which made people believe this will decrease the likelyhood of people supporting, while it's technically the otherway around.