forum

Playcounts

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rewben2
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp/?m=0&s=3&o=1&f=0&page=200 Scroll through the pages, you can easily see the playcount of players your rank.

As for rank 9.3k~, 19k playcount seems to be a rough average.
B1rd
I look pretty normal, but I cringe to think how many thousand of PC I have offline. I probably have 10K with mouse-only lol.
Nutella
16k playcount #3.2k

Had around 13k plays at #10k tho.

Its different for everyone to be honest.
Granger
Playcount doesnt matter anything though, so why do you care? Its not suited to measure "Talent" since there are people who retry often, people that always play to the end and of course those that play offline. All this skews these numbers.
Topic Starter
Shrik

Granger wrote:

Playcount doesnt matter anything though, so why do you care? Its not suited to measure "Talent" since there are people who retry often, people that always play to the end and of course those that play offline. All this skews these numbers.
I just like to know how long I played, its just outta habit cause I played thousands of hours+ on multiple games.
Rokusho
76k playcount and rank #5k~
I might be the worst
-sev

Shrik wrote:

I just like to know how long I played, its just outta habit cause I played thousands of hours+ on multiple games.
Play count isn't even suitable to calculate that. In lets say a span of 500 plays you might as well have 250 plays that are 1st note retries, for example.
silmarilen
as you can see here http://puu.sh/cRF9C.jpg my rank was already top10k when i had about 200mil ranked score. i'd say that is somewhere around 2-3k playcount?
so yeah, you're horrible if you're not top10k yet with that much playcount
hinamizawan
60k might be enough to get into #2k-ish
But if you're not a pp person then it will be more difficult :!:
Granger

Shrik wrote:

Granger wrote:

Playcount cant help you then, but you might be interrested in t/95049
I Give Up
Playcount isn't a very good indicator of how long a person has been playing for. Nor is it an accurate indication of skill. It will be incredibly difficult to prove otherwise, unless the game actually had a "total time spent playing" feature. Playcount doesn't take into account the duration of a song or the time spent before hitting the retry/quit button. Players can play while logged out/offline. Playing unranked maps don't add toward playcount either. But what I would like to do is get to 100k playcount, if I keep hitting retry whenever I don't get a perfect start (leave long enough so that it counts) I should get there by end of next year since I'm really good at tryharding.
B1rd
it's not like playcount or time played is relevant at all, the only relevant attribute is skill.
PLAYER WITH RSI
i just want to hit the 100k milestone regardless of rank
Topic Starter
Shrik
Playcount cant help you then, but you might be interrested in t/95049
I actually saw that a couple days ago, wish it happened.
Also I know about playcounts not equal with playtime, its the only thing in the game thats similar to it.
ALSO I noticed even feature request with 2/3k+ support, for over 3/4 years haven't been implentented, but they might be trying to make it. dunno
[-Cloud-]
PC doesn't matter. Total hits does.
silmarilen
nothing matters, there is no "you should be this good with that much xxxx"
Topic Starter
Shrik

silmarilen wrote:

Everyone learns at different paces, yeah. Takes me forever to learn how to play rhythm games
[-Cloud-]

Shrik wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Everyone learns at different paces, yeah. Takes me forever to learn how to play rhythm games
True in some points, but often used as excuse for being lazy. People who actually try to understand are making better progress than people, who are just mindlessly playing the game.
FieryLight

GlennCampbell wrote:

i just want to hit the 100k milestone regardless of rank
Play a song that starts very quickly with PF then simply walk away.
Woobowiz
Play count doesn't matter, because some people retry a bunch of intros, while others actually play through the entire map.

Hit count doesn't matter because someone could be mindlessly clicking and mashing notes while going nowhere in ranks.

Ranked Score doesn't matter because some people get a kick out of farming top 50 scores on incredibly easy maps.

Accuracy doesn't matter for the same reasoning as Ranked Score

PP doesn't matter because the pp calculations for most maps don't properly reflect the skill of the player rather it displays their ability to click on beat 20-30 ms more accurately than other people (yea, sorry that I'm salty about it, but I really do think a lot of people are either underrated ie. players with 97-98% acc or overrated 99+% acc, because of this).

All that matters is if you're having fun with the game :D
Worrying about if you're in the right place for how long you've played shouldn't bother you too much, otherwise it'll just lead to more tilting and negative thoughts.
Sorun
I'd say it has more to do with your play history then PC when comparing PCs.
vsprite
16k playcount 2.4k rank
buny
should b at about rank #5 wen ur 200 playcount

any lower n u may have played to much noob star map i think?
GhostFrog
I have almost 50k playcount and I'll eventually decay below 10k rank while still actively playing because I can't make myself care enough to play maps I'll gain ranks on anymore. Play the game how you enjoy it and don't worry about what rank you should have at a certain playcount. There's no such thing.
Ohrami

trololol123 wrote:

I might be the worst
76k plays and less than half my total hits
lol wuuuuut
Topic Starter
Shrik

Highr than Kuki wrote:

16k playcount 2.4k rank
We should dank some time

Oh also guys, me wanting to know playcounts/hours is just a personal interest in mine to know.
I Give Up
5k pp at 200k playcount /dream

buny wrote:

should b at about rank #5 wen ur 200 playcount

any lower n u may have played to much noob star map i think?
Possible with CtB or mania, which is surprising since they are the 2 hardest modes lol. Standard is just too different from other rhythm games before it.
Gumpy
I have 16.2k playcount stuck at 21k
Rio-

Shrik wrote:

Oh also guys, me wanting to know playcounts/hours is just a personal interest in mine to know.
how about the offline players?

also mine, 25k playcounts with rank #4.5k
I farmed Hard maps too much in ppv1 era (around 10-20k playcounts I think)
Vraxxel
So... From this thread im guessing being rank 9.8k with 26.5k playcount is slow/bad then?

Well that's sad :c
Effy
7k7 playcount and #822 for Catch the Beat
11k2 playcount and #769 for Taiko

used to play hard map I guess ;;
Topic Starter
Shrik
how about the offline players?
"Personal interest" ._.. I got a feeling majority of people dont even care bout their playcounts.

noice rank doe
kevpwns
16k PC 2.7k but I don't retry a lot
Rokusho

Kyou-kun wrote:

trololol123 wrote:

I might be the worst
76k plays and less than half my total hits
lol wuuuuut
yeah that's what you get when you retry way too often and too early :(
Ethelon
~#9.5k at ~9.5k plays (only reason I remember it).

Play-count itself may not matter, but it is telling to some extent of the efficiency of your plays at improving yourself. Part of that is the length of your sessions because of warm-up time.
Illkryn
I don't care :^)
Topic Starter
Shrik

Illkryn wrote:

I don't care :^)
WOW rebel. go away illnub.
i johk johk, I make fan club tomorrow just give personal info
Insyni

Vraxxel wrote:

So... From this thread im guessing being rank 9.8k with 26.5k playcount is slow/bad then?

Smile, and be happy. I'm almost 24k playcount with 51k rank.

Also, I rarely retry unless I come extremely close to passing a song.
Topic Starter
Shrik

Insyni wrote:

Vraxxel wrote:

Forgive me, both of you.
I never meant for this sadness to overcome this thread :<
Yano

Insyni wrote:

Vraxxel wrote:

Play for Fun -> Problem solved

I spam maps I can't pass. My rank decayed 2k in the last 2 months, because I was very inactive and when I played, then I played for fun.
show more