Arm spinning is not proper.
?
nrl
Hybrid motions.
Vuelo Eluko

NixXSkate wrote:

Riince wrote:

This is an irrelevant skill, and it's for irrelevant players
You obviously don't get many top 50 SS scores. Spinning is an important skill to have in the bag, especially now that everyone doesn't practice it anymore. Unless your accuracy isn't good, then it doesn't matter really.

There's some great tablet spinners, but as far as raw speed, the fastest mouse spinners are usually faster. Of course, this is with their high sensitivity, and without high sensitivity, I'm sure tablet and mouse spinners would be around the same.
if you need an SS+470 leetspinz to get on a scoreboard the map is either too easy to be worth getting on the scoreboard for or you need to put on some more mods.
any map worth getting on the scoreboard for can be done by playing more accurately
B1rd
spinning means the difference between #1 and #2.

Narrill wrote:

Hybrid motions.
you really don't need to tell people how to spin.
silmarilen

Riince wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

You obviously don't get many top 50 SS scores. Spinning is an important skill to have in the bag, especially now that everyone doesn't practice it anymore. Unless your accuracy isn't good, then it doesn't matter really.

There's some great tablet spinners, but as far as raw speed, the fastest mouse spinners are usually faster. Of course, this is with their high sensitivity, and without high sensitivity, I'm sure tablet and mouse spinners would be around the same.
if you need an SS+470 leetspinz to get on a scoreboard the map is either too easy to be worth getting on the scoreboard for or you need to put on some more mods.
any map worth getting on the scoreboard for can be done by playing more accurately
or it's an incredibly hard map where you magically managed to get an SS *cough retryui*
and there are some 400+ pp score DT maps where people have SS
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

or it's an incredibly hard map where you magically managed to get an SS *cough retryui*
and there are some 400+ pp score DT maps where people have SS
some people but not 50 people
i wasnt talking about going for 1st, obviously you need to autistically minmax for that
or just be so much better than everyone that you set dt hd scores on boards with 50 hd hr in which case who needs accuracy or spins

unless you can find a 400+ pp map with 50 SS's & all the same mod in which case tom should probably take a look at that
nrl

B1rd wrote:

Accuracy means the difference between #1 and #2 if the scoreboard doesn't have any 100%'s, and does the #1 really matter if it's on a map with multiple 100%'s?

B1rd wrote:

you really don't need to tell people how to spin.
Neither does Kuki, but he tried anyway.
I Give Up
If someone told me "use hybrid motions" I wouldn't even a clue what that dude is on about. But "try using your whole arm" made me re-evaluate my technique, and figured out that I was putting too much strain on my wrist while spinning and thus wasting energy. I literally went from failing spinners to making top #50 just from that simple piece of advice.
ZenithPhantasm
I usually spin roughly 350-420 rpm but Im capable of reaching 467rpm (speed limit) if I really went at it.

Edit: Forgot to say that I play with a mouse
SomeLoli
I find it easier with a pen...less effort to go at decent speed. I seem to spin about 350 tight to the middle not really going that fast. With a mouse I can't stay near the middle tight, which means I have to go faster....which means more effort...and it's always an oval shape.

That's just me sucking with a mouse though. In the end it's a preference....yeeaaahhhh.
nrl

KukiMonster wrote:

If someone told me "use hybrid motions" I wouldn't even a clue what that dude is on about. But "try using your whole arm" made me re-evaluate my technique, and figured out that I was putting too much strain on my wrist while spinning and thus wasting energy. I literally went from failing spinners to making top #50 just from that simple piece of advice.
Let me rephrase. Try using your arm and your wrist. And fingers too!
I Give Up
^ Didn't know hands weren't part of the arm... Revelation!
momoanime

Gumpyyy wrote:

If I tried to spin fast with mouse I can't hit anything afterwards.
I agree with it
YamiHikari
It really depends, i think. If you're bad at spinners just practise more. Maybe that tablet player has spent more time practising spinners than the mouse player has, so you can't really say anything much. But.. I would say tablet players have it easier, as its more convenient .
Karuta-_old_1
now that I remember beatrice is really good at spinners when he HD DT SS'ed those beatmaps
nrl

KukiMonster wrote:

^ Didn't know hands weren't part of the arm... Revelation!
If this is the game you want to play I'll point out that "arm spinning" is an entirely vague term that could be used to describe several completely different styles of spinning. I hope you find that similarly revelatory.
I Give Up
I didn't mention "arm spinning" (whatever that entails), you did. I said spin using your whole arm, which naturally implies fingers, wrist, forearm, elbow, bicepts, shoulder, and everything else that goes with it.
nrl
No, even then it could still mean moving your arm as a single unit, which would mean moving from only your shoulder. And in the context of the rest of the post, many people would read "with your whole arm" as "with more than just your hand," which puts moving from just your elbow on the table. "Using your whole arm" isn't any more specific than "arm spinning."
I Give Up
You base your evaluation on misinterpretations and tell that to a guy who spins 470 that he is wrong... lol!
nrl
It's funny you think your spinning speed makes up for miscommunication.
felicitousname
When i initially switched to tablet, my spinning speed skyrocketed, I could spin at 450 fairly consistently, but after getting used to tablet, i spin at 390ish. It's pretty weird, I think i changed my spinning technique.
B1rd

Narrill wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Accuracy means the difference between #1 and #2 if the scoreboard doesn't have any 100%'s, and does the #1 really matter if it's on a map with multiple 100%'s?
Well I'd say that #1 on the Big Black or Airman matters.
nrl

B1rd wrote:

Well I'd say that #1 on the Big Black or Airman matters.
/facepalm