forum

[duplicate] osu!direct - show results with two letters

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Det
It would help to search for artists such as "XI" without having to know the name of the song.

DT-sama
YES. I need to be able to search for xi maps.
Bara-
I don't think this will happen tbh
It needs to be atleast 3, as other maps with the word inside of it will also get listed
Xi could be valid though, just like IA
But probably these are the only ones
There is probably a good reason that 3 is the minumum
Also, if this ever gets implemented, it MUST also happen on site, so you can better change that
As everyone has access to site dl, instead of supporters (like me, yesterday ;-;)
drum drum
There is a reason why it has the words "Query is too short"
[Kanzaki Ranko]

drum drum wrote:

Iirc it was a limitation in the way Direct queries the server.

I just don't know why doesn't it send requests through HTTP as if you typed that query in the Beatmap search. :|
drum drum

Flameu wrote:

drum drum wrote:

I just don't know why doesn't it send requests through HTTP as if you typed that query in the Beatmap search. :|
Basically it would possibly return too many results and you're not going to want random results you don't need.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

drum drum wrote:

Flameu wrote:

Basically it would possibly return too many results and you're not going to want random results you don't need.
Letting you search for spaces would fix this. Or even some filtering options (for example: "xi " would just give you results that have xi right before a space, thus, every xi map; or "artist:xi").

But that's stuff for another suggestion.

Off-topic: Apparently 2-letter searches don't work in the website too. It's definitely a database limitation.
Ace3DF
"XI" Would get too many results which would most likely not include the songs you want.
deadbeat
this is a known issue and has been discussed before. i have no idea where the thread was though sorry :(