forum

I would like to hear some opinions on this!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryneo
Hello everyone. Sorry for posting such a self-centered thread but I need some help concerning Osu!.
To begin with, I started playing Osu! at the beginning of last summer and had a great load of fun. The "dilemma" came when school started again and I had to concentrate on my studies in order to get good grades and archiving the knowledge I was interested in, say in physics and philosophy, and I'm really excited about continuing my studies so it's not something like the wanting to drop out in order to play games thing, but the point here is that I stopped playing Osu! because of it. There have been quite a lot of times when I reflexively started "smashing" THE two keys during the informatics lesson and then remember "Oh, I kind of want to play some maps now..." but the fact is that I'm really scared of turning into the sort of addicted player I was in the summer...I would like to hear some tips on controlling oneself! I would also like to know if there are some player who made it to college WHILE playing the game from time to time. Thank you in advance and please excuse my self-centered message!
Varetyr
Set yourself a study timetable (including breaks) and follow it as much as possible, then see how it goes ~
Topic Starter
Ryneo
Kind of an ovious method, but that's what I was looking for! The mighty effect social fact amplification. Thanks!
Vexy
B1rd
if you want to learn self control, you're not going to do that by taking advice from other people.
Scintillate

B1rd wrote:

if you want to learn self control, you're not going to do that by taking advice from other people.
true.. but it cant hurt.
daredakke
I'm in university with quite a lot of work on my plate right now, but I still manage to split my time accordingly. I may work for 5-6 hours but I'll still play osu! for 2-3 hours in the remaining time. It's just about effectively managing your time, but be sure to get some work done before you play. Hard work deserves a reward after all.
Gumpy
pfffft self control who needs that?