forum

[resolved] Osu! refuses to go into windowed mode...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
unkempt
Hi,

the title pretty much says it all... Everytime i try to change the resolution and run osu in windowed mode it just stays borderless. It says in the settings that the resolution is set to "1400x900" but it's 1080p borderless... I'm playing on a MSI GE60 Laptop (i7 quad core, Nvidia GTX850m, 8gb ram, win 8.1) so the specs shouldn't be the problem :( any advice will be appreciated.

osu! version: 20141111.18cuttingedge
Toadsworth
Have you tried using stable instead of cutting edge?
Topic Starter
unkempt
Yes. Still denied. I have no idea how to fix it :/ i've been trying to run it with "-w" as target, alt+enter doesn't work either...
Bara-
VeilStar
You could try to 'force' it by editing the .cfg file(s) in your main osu! directory with notepad.

Also if you want to use windowed mode set it to a window smaller than ANY monitor you have connceted.

(I'm saying this because i vaguely remember someone not being able to switch to windowed
because he had a secondary display that was smaller than the windowed resoltuion he had set,
while he was trying to play in windowed mode on his primary display, which was big enough.)
chong601
Did you use DirectX (OpenGL disallows windowed mode because of crashes)
Pannari
Restart osu! and press SHIFT when you're double clicking the osu! icon. This should bring up a dialog like this.

Topic Starter
unkempt

VeilStar wrote:

You could try to 'force' it by editing the .cfg file(s) in your main osu! directory with notepad.
That's it ;) it's usually my first thought to go through the .cfg file when something doesnt work like i want it to but not this time ;P Thanks a lot <3