forum

[invalid] Osu! Search Option Implementation

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Xcystence
I know we have options to sort through maps by say author, bpm, diff, etc. However it is harder to find maps of certain styles like AR9 or OD 7 etc. I know there is a type command you can use (like @ar10 or something), but so far I've yet to see the commands listed anywhere in game or online so I came up with this.
Image V
It's a rough options popup menu that you can use to filter your maps to find say maps you'd like to practice at say AR10 and at OD8 or any combination in between. Since the option is already available to use through the search box, I figured why not have a nicer and easier to use menu for it.
Image V (an idea for the placement of the menu)
While it may not be necessary I think it would be quite helpful for people like me who are looking to practice maps in a certain range to get better, and being albe to have all the maps I "can" play in view would be nice.
I'm open to any and all criticism and additions or renditions. Thank you!
Sea_Food
The key words are: length, bpm, ar, od, cs, hp and stars

The search symbols are <, > and =

If you want to search for maps that are ar10, you type ar=10 to the search. If you want maps that are faster than 200bpm you type bpm>200. If you want maps that have difficulty rating between 4.5 and 5 you type stars>4.5 stars<5

How about you just ask instead of coming up with a crap idea?
Constantine
more prefer web-search optimization though
Karuta-_old_1
I know we have options to sort through maps by say author, bpm, diff, etc. However it is harder to find maps of certain styles like AR9 or OD 7 etc. I know there is a type command you can use (like @ar10 or something), but so far I've yet to see the commands listed anywhere in game or online so I came up with this
Please don't start a topic just because you don't know how to something, there is #osu #help for that
deadbeat
following what was already mentioned, you can use something like ar=8 od>8 for more specific searching.