forum

Should TapX players alternate?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
defused bomb
I have been playing TapX since I got my hands on the osu tablet back when it first started shipping and have had a lot of success with the style. All the top ranks on my profile (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1853777) were achieved playing TapX. I can stream 300 BPM and can play relatively fast. However, I feel I have reached a road block. I have a lot of trouble playing songs like Catastrophe(https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72740) on DT as well as a few other songs. I watched Yamemasita play today, one of the best TapX players in the world, play today and even he begun adapting an alternating style. :?

To the few out there that do play TapX, is learning to alternate a must once you start playing very fast songs? What kind of songs would you recommend I start playing to better my ability to play if it is?
[Bystander]
I think this thread should be in Gameplay and Rankings
Heterozygous_old

[Bystander] wrote:

I think this thread should be in Gameplay and Rankings
^ this.
OT: You don't have to if it doesn't feel natural to you. Take a look at the replays of this guy and you'll see.
Vuelo Eluko

41236 wrote:

defused bomb wrote:

I can stream 300 BPM
My jaw dropped.
why do so many low ranked players make such ludicrous claims
Topic Starter
defused bomb

Riince wrote:

why do so many low ranked players make such ludicrous claims

I ranked up until around 11k and then stopped playing for rank as keeping up just wasn't that fun for me anymore. Also, TapX allows a player to be able to stream much faster because of the fact that they're using two hands to play instead of one. while I can't say I can stream it accurately I can stream it without missing a note over a decent period of time
B1rd
I think alternate is ultimately better. I can see someone having a real hard time with spaced streams.
Heterozygous_old

B1rd wrote:

I think alternate is ultimately better. I can see someone having a real hard time with spaced streams.
Trust me tap/x will have a real hard time with spaced streams no matter what.
Female
I fully alternate with a dome keyboard, though I couldn't see it being much of a problem other than lower accuracy in general.
In most cases, it's how well you master the techniques- not which one is better since everyone has their own play-style preference~