forum

Bodybuilding & Fit ( If u want to get in shape come here)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DooM
Since there isn't a thread about bodybuilding let's create one :)

Useful links:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

https://boards.4chan.org/fit/

http://gobodynow.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Bible.pdf (<--- this is pretty much everything u need to become whatever you want, all the main informations are written in there, you can use this info to be whether fit - active - bodybuilder - athletic or in movement if u will, really this is the basic knowledge to live a healthy lifestyle!)

Please feel free to ask questions, like if u want to have some type of body or something similar
If u have anything to discuss more privately or whatever, contact me on osu or pm me
We will share our information with everyone about everything, that's pretty much it!

PS: i dont really know how to start this thread but i feel like it's needed, lemme know what to put-edit-modify-change and all that good stuff.
I want to make this serious help me out please :D
Mofu kun
i don't understand why people bodybuild

sure i understand that you want muscles, but to that point, why?
B1rd
yeah I'm sure heaps off osu! players bodybuild
cheezstik

MoF10 wrote:

To what point? A tiny guy could bodybuild to become a slightly less tiny guy, but still be tiny, and that would be considered bodybuilding. "Bodybuilding" isn't exclusive to massive roided up guys.
Jordan

MoF10 wrote:

Health purposes, aesthetic purposes, sport purposes.

Seriously guys lifting saved my life.
Topic Starter
DooM
It's the art of building ur own body in whatever way u like.

There are all kinds of body types,

and with bodybuilding u can reach them all.

People generally links the bodybuilder word to muscle freaks like the ones u see in television or on the internet, but it's not really like that, a bodybuilder is a person that "builds" his "body", put 2 and 2 together.

It even changes ur personality, it makes u feel better about yourself, boosts ur ego (no ur not becoming a douchebag u just feel more sicure about taking action)
And if ur shredded u can get away with anything.
Wlesh
Computers saved my life from lifting.
And getting tired. Plus you can get seriously injured from that. ;--;
Nemis

MoF10 wrote:

Well, in first place I think people do that because they want to build their body as they want, maybe because they don't like theirs own or because they want it to be a bit different (I also think other people bodybuild to attract girls ahah :p).

For example right now I feel a little thin and weak and I want to be bigger and stronger, because I'd love myself that way! I'm also sure that going gym would make me feel better for my health. I've started going gym since a month, and I'm already seeing (little) differences, aesthetic and postural. Even if these differences are tiny, I'm really satisfied! I'm gonna keep going there to see even more results, month after month :)
Mirage

Jordan wrote:

Seriously guys lifting saved my life.
Andrea
I've never been following this kind of stuff much, but I guess people does this more like for having a better look when they aren't satisfied with themselves or something like that.
Topic Starter
DooM

Wlesh wrote:

If u see how people get muscular using light weights belive me u'll change ur mind :)|
Plus it's a healthy lifestyle
Valky
Play HD DT 300 bpm and you will get like Him, the Master '^'

Jks aside, I wish that body so much :<
Lhijn

OneOKValky wrote:

Jks aside, I wish that body so much :<
why don't you work for it then?
burningapple

DooM wrote:

It's the art of building ur own body in whatever way u like.

There are all kinds of body types,

#lifegoals
Heatspree

MoF10 wrote:

For me, bodybuilding is about achieving my ideal self (my superego), but I'm sure people have variety of answers for that question.
Heatspree

Wlesh wrote:

A risk of injury exists only if your form is fucked up, that's why beginners should learn the basics before moving to heavier weights or doing stuff like deadlifts.
Once sufficient core strenght and body control is attained the chance of getting injured gets really small.
Eminent
Bodybuilding fan here. About a year ago I started working out but didn't get serious about it for quite awhile. Looking through some progress pictures, the thing I'm most proud of is my back development. A little backstory first:

About 4 years ago I got seriously addicted to computers and wound up laying in bed on my laptop for the entirety of every day. This became a huge issue in my life because I lost nearly all the muscle I had from it and I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without holding on to the wall (I didn't really know any moderation). So coming from that style of life, making a change in myself by working out was a huge deal. I didn't ever expect to be strong, or to have a ton of muscle, because when I started I had absolutely none (and was weak as hell). I'm not big by any means but I've come a long ways. This back picture from a few weeks ago makes me feel a bit proud because I've never had any muscle on my back before, so this is really proof of my efforts for me.

Heatspree
If you really started only year ago, your progress is promising. Keep it up and make sure you get enough protein and fats.
Gabri
I frequent gym since August. For many years I didn't practice any type of sport because of an injury I got to the right knee, and other various reasons.
Since that, I put on some muscles; the parts that I developed the most are pectorals and biceps. I'm not really strong, I have never been, but I'd say now I feel just a little more confident about myself.
You guys probably know it very well, but diet makes the biggest difference when you do whatever sport. If you don't eat properly, you'll be just wasting your money. Associate proper alimentation with regular exercise, and as sir Heatspree above me said, make sure to get enough proteins and fats.
Don't overdo things, it will be just bad for your body. And for god's sake don't take steroids like those idiots you see on TV, or your little friend down there will not be the same.
Birdy
I can admit that I'm a bodybuilding fan, too.

Though I'm fine with being Skinny Ottermode myself (should aim to be straight Ottermode, but not with this metabolism, no), with no special diet whatsoever and no special workout (occasional home workouts and almost-daily cycling in summer and autumn [everyday's a legday]).
Can't be arsed to pay too much attention to this stuff myself, which might be a part of the reason why I admire the effort people put in it.
Kedi
I miss NeverDie
Ryneo
Yeah, I train my fingers every day...Joke aside, I used to be interested in bodybuilding but never took it seriously, meaning that I just did, and still do, some normal exercises, 10 mins per day, and that was pretty much it.
Mirage
I started doing bodybuilding with my cousin this February.
I was a fat little cunt playing videogames 24/7 without noticing the fact that there is a real world outside and everytime I got out I was ashamed of myself, and my cousin was almost anorexic where you could see his skeleton under the skin.
We decided to start a new year with a new life and lift with all the motivation possible; it soon developed to be both an addiction and a habit: even if I felt soreness and pain, I would always be proud of myself. Everyday I'm better than the day before.
We just wanted to feel special so we tried our best for all this year, leading to very promising results: he gained 20 kilograms and I went from 25% bf to around 14%, becoming A LOT more comfortable in my own body, leading to an increased confidence.
Fast forward to today, and I'm doing a strenght program for 2 months which happened to be the best days of my bb experience. I gained so much power.
So stop being a bitch and play less videogames, get big and find friends.
Topic Starter
DooM

Eminent wrote:

Bodybuilding fan here. About a year ago I started working out but didn't get serious about it for quite awhile. Looking through some progress pictures, the thing I'm most proud of is my back development. A little backstory first:

About 4 years ago I got seriously addicted to computers and wound up laying in bed on my laptop for the entirety of every day. This became a huge issue in my life because I lost nearly all the muscle I had from it and I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without holding on to the wall (I didn't really know any moderation). So coming from that style of life, making a change in myself by working out was a huge deal. I didn't ever expect to be strong, or to have a ton of muscle, because when I started I had absolutely none (and was weak as hell). I'm not big by any means but I've come a long ways. This back picture from a few weeks ago makes me feel a bit proud because I've never had any muscle on my back before, so this is really proof of my efforts for me.

Respect man, keep it up with the good work and remain motivated! it really makes me happy to see people like u man and i know how u feel :)

Rosaryn wrote:

Yeah, I train my fingers every day...Joke aside, I used to be interested in bodybuilding but never took it seriously, meaning that I just did, and still do, some normal exercises, 10 mins per day, and that was pretty much it.
Bro i invite u to go to the gym, start working out and make it a lifestyle mate, u dont know how good u feel about yourself when u start noticing dem gainz and if u really enjoy it it's funny as fuuuuarrkkk
Heatspree

Mirage wrote:

I started doing bodybuilding with my cousin this February.
I was a fat little cunt playing videogames 24/7 without noticing the fact that there is a real world outside and everytime I got out I was ashamed of myself, and my cousin was almost anorexic where you could see his skeleton under the skin.
We decided to start a new year with a new life and lift with all the motivation possible; it soon developed to be both an addiction and a habit: even if I felt soreness and pain, I would always be proud of myself. Everyday I'm better than the day before.
We just wanted to feel special so we tried our best for all this year, leading to very promising results: he gained 20 kilograms and I went from 25% bf to around 14%, becoming A LOT more comfortable in my own body, leading to an increased confidence.
Fast forward to today, and I'm doing a strenght program for 2 months which happened to be the best days of my bb experience. I gained so much power.
So stop being a bitch and play less videogames, get big and find friends.
Really inspiring
Now I feel like really working on my body fat, this is great
kirent
ShangMingg

Kedi wrote:

I miss NeverDie
The skinnyfat 160 lb manlet who doesn't even lift?
Kedi

ShangMingg wrote:

Kedi wrote:

I miss NeverDie
The skinnyfat 160 lb manlet who doesn't even lift?
Lolllllllll ohgod <3
show more