forum

7 Months of progress in 10 minutes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dammie
Im not really sure if i can post videos here but since i couldn't find a proper video section i'll do it here :)

Just a motivation video for new players , with personal opinion and that stuff.

(First songs pitched up, we know copyright isn't the best friend of osu)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9o0Gn9YnFk

Thanks for the great community.
Thanks Peppy and company for develop and keep the game updated.

Hope i can bring more progress in the next 7 months.

Once again, thanks for watching .
Vuelo Eluko
imo too long
Sancteria
yeah also watched only the first minutes and the last, seems to be a usual progress for 7 months, also depending how many plays you got in singleplayer cause a lot of ppl think "play count doesn´t mean anything", the stat wouldn´t be there if it was like that
Vuelo Eluko

Sancteria wrote:

yeah also watched only the first minutes and the last, seems to be a usual progress for 7 months, also depending how many plays you got in singleplayer cause a lot of ppl think "play count doesn´t mean anything", the stat wouldn´t be there if it was like that
yeah, i also think that level is a very important way to measure skill level too.
if it wasnt why would it be there?
Bauxe
chainpullz
If you didn't check the stickies you didn't look hard enough.
buny

chainpullz wrote:

plot twist op is blind
cheezstik

buny wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

plot twist op is blind
Which makes his progress story that much more inspirational.
chainpullz
Reminded me of the printed signs with braille printed as well. Apparently blind people can see ink with their fingers too.
gregest
learning AR10?I played AR10 with HD,and now I can read it,EZ
Kerav

Sancteria wrote:

Edit cuz I should learn to read properly.
On a more serious note: So my lvl, the amount of SS, S and A ranks also mean smth, cuz else they wouldnt be there?

Also, playcount means nothing because for each retry you do on a map you gain one pc. Imagine retrying a map like 5-10 times in a row when you try to fc it because you do a stupid miss right at the first 10 notes.
buny

Kerav wrote:

Sancteria wrote:

A lot of ppl thought hitler was a good man too.
On a more serious note: So my lvl, the amount of SS, S and A ranks also mean smth, cuz else they wouldnt be there?

Also, playcount means nothing because for each retry you do on a map you gain one pc. Imagine retrying a map like 5-10 times in a row when you try to fc it because you do a stupid miss right at the first 10 notes.
pretty terrible analogy considering hitlers intention was to wipe out a part of mankind whereas playcount is simply a product from playing

gaining play count is inevitable unless you play unranked, retry in the first 5 notes or playing offline. It's wrong to say playcount doesn't mean anything, but it's not a way of measuring how good/much someone is/played
Kerav

buny wrote:

Kerav wrote:

A lot of ppl thought hitler was a good man too.

pretty terrible analogy considering hitlers intention was to wipe out a part of mankind whereas playcount is simply a product from playing
Wtf did I wrote there x.x misread what he wrote... would make sense if he wrote that many ppl think playcount means smth. I should go to bed.
What I wanted to point out was actually just that just because smth is there, that doesnt mean that it is important. Especially if it is counted in the way it currently is. A more proper analogy would probably be: Just because the possibility to eradicate a part of mankind is there, that doesnt necessarily imply that you should utilize that possibility. Tho this analogy still sucks. Whatever.
buny
keep in mind your initial reply was to a person who wrote a guide telling you to the least enjoyable way to play the game and then telling you to quit if you don't enjoy it at the end
Te Amo
i got inspired, reminded me of my own progress. Even though it took me 5 years.
KatamaNoBaka
I thought it was just me,
but it took me 3 months to increase my speed to insane level(From the first time i played Osu!)
But darn you have to play Osu! for 3 whole months at least everyday.
Other games will show you progress in a month, but Osu! is special.

The first minute of your video made me want to tear. Kind of miss the good ol' days.
Vuelo Eluko

KatamaNoBaka wrote:

I thought it was just me,
but it took me 3 months to increase my speed to insane level(From the first time i played Osu!)
But darn you have to play Osu! for 3 whole months at least everyday.
Other games will show you progress in a month, but Osu! is special.

The first minute of your video made me want to tear. Kind of miss the good ol' days.
Nah, it's more that with osu! people have a much more clear and concise measuring stick in other players to see exactly how skilled they are, with a lot of other games that doesn't exist and 98% of people think they're good when they aren't because the game lets them. Osu doesn't allow people to do that.
Green Platinum

Sancteria wrote:

Can you enlighten me to the meaning of total hits pls (and highest combo)
nrl
good job
I Give Up

Narrill wrote:

good job
Lhijn
very inspiring

never give up...
chainpullz

KukiMonster wrote:

Narrill wrote:

good job
I take full responsibility for the ban. Narrill was just trying to prove a point (sort of?). kekeke
show more