forum

Easy mode: Max amount of stars?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xelasto
Yes, I know that in the ranking criteria it says that Easy songs are under 1.5 stars. However, I'm having trouble keeping it under 1.5 stars (since it is a long map.) Is it okay if we go a tiny bit above the star limit? I've seen other easy songs that are above it but I still want stick to the rules. Am I allowed to go a bit above the star limit? If I can, how much? And if I can't go above it, are there any tips to making a song easier? :?:
blissfulyoshi
You need to have 1 diff below 2 stars, that is all that the rules ask for, so you can be above 1.5
polka
Are you wanting to keep it under 1.5 stars? Or are you just asking if it's okay?
If you want to keep it under 1.5, I'm not sure what your BPM is, but remember to keep things relatively slow. Also, maybe you have something in your settings to high. I.E. Your approach rate or overall difficulty. Everything should be spaced using the distance snaps for easy mode. It's not recommended you change the the distance for easy mode.
If you just want to make sure it's okay, I'm not really sure. i would think so as long as everything above that I mentioned is in check. But due to the length of the song, it might naturally increase. Try adding more breaks or maybe less notes? If other people did it, then I'm sure you'll be fine.
Mao

PolkaMocha wrote:

Also, maybe you have something in your settings to high. I.E. Your approach rate or overall difficulty.
As it seems to me the difficulty settings (except CS) really make influence the star rating. A good way to have a lower star rating is to use more Sliders than Circles.
But as blissfulyoshi already stated, it doesn't need to be below 1,50 but just below 2,00. Anyways it shouldn't be too far from