Total Posts
Topic Starter
byfar
make my hand go retarded. need help pls
GoldenWolf
no
Vuelo Eluko
i love squares
best pattern, next to static back and forth jumps [the kind where you go from point A to point B repeatedly, and the notes overlap], and rotating triangles
winber1
Topic Starter
byfar

winber1 wrote:

practice this

Various Artists - Square Jump Practice Maps
are u kidding e,me
alecA
Squares is fun.
winber1
why would i kid you
Topic Starter
byfar

winber1 wrote:

why would i kid you
so u want me to spam freedom dive till i can magically do squares when i cant even get past the long streamm?

edit: oh NF mod duh forgiot
winber1
there's no streams, what are you talking about
also it's not magic, it's practice

if you get comfortable, try adding doubletime and hardrock, then add flashlight for style points.
syuru
squares are hella fun, are you just hitting them w bad acc or missing them completely? if you keep missing them you can try focusing on your cursor during that part in case your muscle memory is a bit off.

i dunno how much you actually need help though, are you able to hit the squares in the first pt of this map?
Topic Starter
byfar

ankou wrote:

squares are hella fun, are you just hitting them w bad acc or missing them completely? if you keep missing them you can try focusing on your cursor during that part in case your muscle memory is a bit off.

i dunno how much you actually need help though, are you able to hit the squares in the first pt of this map?
i cant do really fast square patterns. i'm trying to practice but when i practice the slow squares i dont even know where my cursor is going (after spamming squares for like 30 retries)

edit: no i cant do those squares either when it turns big lol could be just cuz its ar8. lemme try a few times
Topic Starter
byfar
ok so lemme explain my problem. when i see rotating squares i have this tendency to go in circles lol and this is driving mem nuts

also i can only do counter clock wise squares (cuz i spin counterclockwise)
syuru
so i guess you just need to learn to snap then lol
you want your cursor to basically look like the followpoints, if you keep trying to go in circles you'll prob miss a lot
and don't mess up your rhythm ofc
koromo

byfar wrote:

ok so lemme explain my problem. when i see rotating squares i have this tendency to go in circles lol and this is driving mem nuts

Focus on each individual note, not on the pattern as a whole. Also force yourself to snap harder.

I spin both cw and ccw, dunno if it helps with squares but i can do them easily.

Should give this one a try Various Artists - Square Jump Practice Maps
Topic Starter
byfar

ankou wrote:

so i guess you just need to learn to snap then lol
you want your cursor to basically look like the followpoints, if you keep trying to go in circles you'll prob miss a lot
and don't mess up your rhythm ofc
i do snap
like i said my hand goes retarded when i see big rotating squares
i can do triangles and stars, but not squares fml. do u have any other square pattern maps
Topic Starter
byfar

koromo wrote:

byfar wrote:

Focus on each individual note, not on the pattern as a whole. Also force yourself to snap harder.

I spin both cw and ccw, dunno if it helps with squares but i can do them easily.

Should give this one a try Various Artists - Square Jump Practice Maps
also can u stop giving me freedom dive :/
syuru

byfar wrote:

i do snap
i can do triangles and stars, but not squares fml. do u have any other square pattern maps
uh not really, my ability to do squares is usually related to my jumping ability so i just play jumpy maps
there's obv this and this but the second one is hard as hell
Vuelo Eluko
if DT is supposed to be a harder mod than FL, then why is it that people can typically DT maps with a pass that they can FC modless , but can rarely pass them with FL?

Checkmate, DT-trashlords
Yakuyan
Think square, play square, do square, be happy...
Topic Starter
byfar

ankou wrote:

byfar wrote:

i do snap
uh not really, my ability to do squares is usually related to my jumping ability so i just play jumpy maps
there's obv this and this but the second one is hard as hell
thank god for these practice maps.

thank you
B1rd
Kriers wrote a big thing about how to do square patterns. But then he deleted his ask.fm, because that's just a thing that pro players do.
Topic Starter
byfar

B1rd wrote:

Kriers wrote a big thing about how to do square patterns. But then he deleted his ask.fm, because that's just a thing that pro players do.
BUT he deleted his ask.fm sad
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

Might be caused by the HUGE amount of shit trash "questions" they were getting everyday. Might.
Topic Starter
byfar
damn these maps are hella good. feels good to hit all these cocksucking square motherfucker patterns!@#!#!
-sev
It's been already said, but yeah, focus on each note individually, and not as a pattern.
winber1
imagine that the circles are boobs,

then feel them up son
Rewben2
Mercurius gave this advice on his ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Mercurius/answer/117450179116

Basically, don't read it as a square pattern, read it as separate 1-2 1-2 patterns.
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

if DT is supposed to be a harder mod than FL, then why is it that people can typically DT maps with a pass that they can FC modless , but can rarely pass them with FL?

Checkmate, DT-trashlords
Wot, DT is supposed to be a harder mod than FL? Since when? Unless the map is constant 300BPM streams in the exact same spot or rrtyui doing big black, then if someone can FC it with FL, someone else can probably FC it with DT.