forum

Do you learn japanese language? Why?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Rilene

[ Z0MBIE ] wrote:

I learned hiragana and learning basic kanji so I can just buy manga online instead of waiting for scanlators and english publishers for Manga and Light Novels
Ok, one survey collected~
Waiting for other surveys. :P
TheNekoNextDoor
Reason 1, mainly. Plus, learning another language is useful.
Also, if I get Vocaloid (Miku V3 bundle), I can use all of the packages to make original songs instead of just the English one. I mean, I really want to use Dark Append! ;;o;;
Topic Starter
Rilene

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

Reason 1, mainly. Plus, learning another language is useful.
Also, if I get Vocaloid (Miku V3 bundle), I can use all of the packages to make original songs instead of just the English one. I mean, I really want to use Dark Append! ;;o;;
Ok, 2 survey collected~
Btw, I'm 1 like you too.. :P
DeletedUser_3905941
Reason 5:
Learning Japanese won't benefit me in anyway.
99% percent of the people I've met online say they only want to learn Japanese to watch anime without subs or read manga without translation.
Topic Starter
Rilene

RedPanda wrote:

Reason 5:
Learning Japanese won't benefit me in anyway.
99% percent of the people I've met online say they only want to learn Japanese to watch anime without subs or read manga without translation.
Ok, at least someone here knows the unreasonable (it really is though) reason to learn japanese, because it is like a waste of brain memory and time of learning when you stop watching untranslated or subbed anime and reading untranslated manga. (I also agree with that) But still fun to learn anyway~

And another survey collected~
Rizumu Tenshi
I can't really answer this unless I use Reason 4:
I learn the Japanese language because:
  1. Technology before everything and I expect a visit to Japan to learn from their tech
  2. Reason 2
  3. Reason 3
  4. Reason 1
  5. Once I get the hang of the Kanji I'll be able to uncover all there is to be known about any Anime I watch.
Topic Starter
Rilene

Baka Tenshi wrote:

I can't really answer this unless I use Reason 4:
I learn the Japanese language because:
  1. Technology before everything and I expect a visit to Japan to learn from their tech
  2. Reason 2
  3. Reason 3
  4. Reason 1
  5. Once I get the hang of the Kanji I'll be able to uncover all there is to be known about any Anime I watch.
Pretty a nice reason though (their technology is so advanced... ;-; (and also their creative-ness))
And also good (non-essential) to include reason number "2".

Survey collected.~
-AGENT DJ ANGEL
2 - Because anime and manga. (it is pretty fun to learn though)
3 - I like japan (includes food cuisine, culture, song (not just anime songs...), climate and anything that isn't just anime and manga).
4 - I learn Japanese language because I want to learn how to speak as many languages as I can.
Trauter
3 - something around 40%
1 - I think 60%
B1rd
because I am a weaboo obviously
FrzR
Because JRPG games are so good and english publishers don't offer localization in which I hate so much.. God Eater 2
Athrun
1. To play games that are Japanese e.g. Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost
2. Something to take away when I get older
3. It interests me
4. Read manga. (Wish anime but I'm more of a reader)
-Kyousei-
to quickly understand the anime raws
MisticAssassin
4. I want to work for a government agency, and figured learning a critical language would be a nice start.
lemonadejuice_old
4. I learn Japanese language, because (at first) it's mandatory at school (no, no.. I'm not live in Japan or somewhere near it). But then I always enjoy manga / anime and stuff as I child (even not as intense as right now), but now i learning it because of... anime and visual novel :D
kamikin_old
Friendan

Sirade wrote:

because it is like a waste of brain memory
You'd have to live for a very long time in order to run out of "brain memory"
What you're saying is that I should stop playing video games because I enjoy them?
Mr Capuce
4 - I learn japanese language because, I really want to speak with other in Japanese and want to learn a lot of things in there :D
Elementaires
4 - I learn Japanese because i picked it at school.. i had to choose between a lot of languages, and Japanese was the one that came to my mind
kaetwo
Reason 1 + 3. I took it for a year but I'm too lazy to continue on. orz
[Kanzaki Ranko]
1, 2 and 3. Mostly 1, though.
Esupanitix
5- I don't learn the Japanese language because I tried but I didn't know how to pace myself so I burned myself out after learning hiragana and katakana. Kanji a fucking shit.

No seriously I know how to read hiragana/katakana (Which helps for basic words and names) but I know NOTHING ELSE.
Yonpachi_old

B1rd wrote:

because I am a weaboo obviously
^this
Anxient
4. I (want to learn) Japanese so that I can actually read Japanese books and besides, I intend to go to japan for education. Japanese is a friggin cool language anyway /o/.
Alarido
While I'd started with Option #2, currently I found my reason fits better into Option #4 (although Option #2 remains valid for me).

Japanese has some good ideas for constructing languages :)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
4 - I want to learn Japanese because I want to add it to my 'known language' collection. That and I want to understand what they're saying in Gaki no Tsukai...
Foxtrot
I learned some of it at school but I just know the basics. I was thinking of picking it up again.
HazeL
Because anime and manga. (it is pretty fun to learn though)
Nameless
Japanese is the only language I'm interested in learning.