forum

What is a good tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sashathorne
I am not sure that this is in the right section, but..
what is a good tablet for osu?
I have heard that Wacom Bamboo is a really good one, but there are so many versions that I don't know which one to get.
Also, what is the price range for the good tablets? I got my first tablet on Amazon, and it was a Huion tablet. It was only $25 though, so it is pretty cheap, obviously..
My Huion tablet randomly stops working all the time and it just gets so irritating.
So, any help?
Ohrami
CTL-460
CTH-460
CTL-470
CTH-470
CTH-470s
CTL-480
CTH-480

any of those. I personally use the CTH-470s, Cookiezi uses CTH-470s, WubWoofWolf uses CTH-460 last I saw, rrtyui uses CTL-470, Niko uses CTH-470

if you don't know what to get, just copy your favorite player. that's what i always did
Vuelo Eluko
Blanky
If the Huion lags for you, there is no guarantee a different tablet won't. So you might want to get the cheapest possible wacom tablet.
Gumpy
I'm using a 25$ Huion tablet too and it does not randomly stop working for me so... idk what too recommend
Dexus
Only problem I have with huion is that their products tend to fall apart easily. My pen (from the osu! tablet) is cracked because I put it on too tight and the tablet usb port is finicky because I slightly dropped it onto the cable by accident. Aside from those the whole tablet works fine. With wacom I was having issues with drivers (weird lag and failing randomly) and the pen nib gets used too quickly. If you're drawing then wacom is pretty good because the pen is comfy and can't die because no battery, but if you're playing osu! don't waste money on wacom tablets. If you insist on doing it just go with one of the older models from the CT 400 series (they all have the same specs, it's retarded buying the latest one unless you just want it because how thin and large they are in comparison). Looking at the size of tablets though you don't need much active area (having adequate resting area for your wrist is nice though).

I hope you didn't invest in a cheap knock off on Amazon, huion has stated to only buy from their official vendor: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_pc?ie ... ode=541966

Huion 580 is a good one if you want to give them another shot: http://amzn.com/B00DKW816K

If you want wacom then this would do: http://amzn.com/B00MJKE0AU
Heterozygous_old
The only thing I wanna point out is this:
Huion is a Chinese brand, and Wacom is a Japanese brand. However, almost everyone from Chinese osu community would recommend Wacom, not Huion.
The information comes from a native, who's been in Chinese osu community for 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's reliable.
Vuelo Eluko

Heterozygous wrote:

The only thing I wanna point out is this:
Huion is a Chinese brand, and Wacom is a Japanese brand. However, almost everyone from Chinese osu community would recommend Wacom, not Huion.
The information comes from a native, who's been in Chinese osu community for 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's reliable.
Chinese electronics are incomparable to Japanese electronics. It's no surprise.