forum

Rank by state/province?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +15
Topic Starter
asher
I'd honestly like to see my rank in my state, and I'm sure plenty of people would like to know their rank in their state/province/whatever other countries call smaller parts of said country.

I'd like this mostly because the United States is huge, and some countries are smaller than some of our states. You sometimes see the top players in a certain country get together and play together as their country is very small, I'd like to maybe be able to do the same with people in my state, and get to know players that happen to be 1 or 2 hours away, rather than someone who lives on the other side of the world. I'm probably never going to meet someone in game and then fly across the Atlantic to meet up with them, but I'm pretty sure I'd be up for an hour drive just to talk to people who also play the game.
Gumpy
You can see people who are "nearby" in osu, it's pretty accurate where I live.
Tristan97
Wait what?

If you mean physically seeing who lives near you, that's not what I think brightside meant.

That being said, I'm fine with this type of ranking although I find it pretty un-neccesary

Besides, people rarely detail what state/province they live in.
Topic Starter
asher

Gumpyyy wrote:

You can see people who are "nearby" in osu, it's pretty accurate where I live.
I have never seen anyone on the nearby list honestly.

Tristan97 wrote:

Wait what?

If you mean physically seeing who lives near you, that's not what I think brightside meant.

That being said, I'm fine with this type of ranking although I find it pretty un-neccesary

Besides, people rarely detail what state/province they live in.
I wasn't implying people would have to set their state/province for it to work. It would work just like how it shows your country, through your IP or whatever it is they use to figure out your country.
Yukiteru Amano
My nearby list is 500km away from me so yeaaaah. Also this would only work for bigger countries.
Shadowriver
IP Address geolocation is not reliable on state/province level aspecially in smaller countries, all depends on how ISP network is constructed and how IPs are registered.