forum

An (as small as needed) "Note maker"/Notepad In-client

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
To not any particular extent I can think of, perhaps located discreetly on the menu screen. Resembling this kind of icon or something.

or in the main menu itself. (Options menu could work too..?)

As one who spends time in the chat a bit, makes maps and makes notes for reminders in osu, I find myself wanting to remind myself of something for later. osu!-related which I may or may not(preference) want to put or have to double-organize my other notes for. As a note taker. It'd help out keeping track of some mod requests on fly, things in chat you're told or want be reminded of(since we can't copy/paste in-client yet). Most other things with what a simple note can do for someone.

I'm sure this lingers on the "messing with big cookie screen" boundary, so maybe even a slot in a client menu. Come to think of it, even in one's own nametag menu.
As far as storage and file types, save it with the chatlogs in .txt(tech-friendly) while having it save everytime it's closed or the screen is changed. (Main to song select/Options is opened/Main to editor). It's not really a big thing for everyone, but I'm sure even those who play multi for a living could write something in there like the name/password for a room.

Partially Unrelated:
Having ts:boat save my note in chat would have me throwing my wallet. justsayin.
Dazdy_old
It's times like these when I feel upset that I don't have any votes remaining.
This would be super useful for a lot of people, means they don't need to go out of the game to save something about the game. Could also be a good supporter feature.
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
Agreed, I often have to tab out and put on sticky notes(when i use that) or pull out my phone to do so. I think it'd make a nice supporter feature, even. For people on the forums a LOT and who mod maps I feel this could be beneficial as well.
[Bystander]
windowed mode and notepad++
Flanster
How about you just make a batch script to open both osu! and note/wordpad at the same time :V
Alt+Tab would be as much work as getting to this ingame container.
Piine
LoliFlan is a dream crusher